2016 F31 Diesel Msport .. all I could want EXCEPT ?? - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328d Sports Wagon
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959060&highlight=vossen

The video in this thread talks about the mods on that beautiful ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: '68 Buick SportWagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemover View Post
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959060&highlight=vossen

The video in this thread talks about the mods on that beautiful ride.
THANKS for that !!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 328d XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSportWagon View Post
whats the deal with the dual/dual exhaust ? Is that from the M3 ? that looks killer !!

.. Again I was playing with the current "builder" on BMWUSA and some interesting things are apparent

1) Track Handling Package isn't available on the F31D
2) Adaptive M Suspension is only available with M Sport Pkg on the F31D
3) M Sport Brakes are not available on the F31D
4) Variable Sport Steering is not available on the F31D
5) Track Handling Pkg is available on non M Sport Pkg on the F31G
6) Adaptive M Suspension by it self needs M Sport Pkg on F31G

So, why cant you get the track pack on the Diesel .. or at least VSS
You can special order VSS. Unfortunately, and as pointed out above, you need to now get M Sport if you want adaptive.

And though not the most cost effective way to do it, you can get the BMW M Performance brake kit, but not blue. I personally don't like that color blue but that's just me.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Tourings FTW!?

Mein Auto: '95 525iT/5, '18 328dT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. View Post
You can special order VSS. Unfortunately, and as pointed out above, you need to now get M Sport if you want adaptive.

And though not the most cost effective way to do it, you can get the BMW M Performance brake kit, but not blue. I personally don't like that color blue but that's just me.
I'd be interested to learn more about "special ordering" VSS ... or I suppose any other option for that matter...

I'm not arguing but how is this done? How are you sure it can be done?

I'm basically considering the F31D with ZMP but adding 2VF and VSS and possibly the 2NH M sport brakes. The VSS and 2NH are, according to the ordering & pricing guids, only available in the 330 gas and only available in the ZTR track handling pkg...

How exactly would one "special order" something like 2VF and VSS for example? Simply ask the CA to add it to the build manually somehow?

Would be great to hear input from anyone with experience doing so!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 328d XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshu View Post
I'd be interested to learn more about "special ordering" VSS ... or I suppose any other option for that matter...

I'm not arguing but how is this done? How are you sure it can be done?

I'm basically considering the F31D with ZMP but adding 2VF and VSS and possibly the 2NH M sport brakes. The VSS and 2NH are, according to the ordering & pricing guids, only available in the 330 gas and only available in the ZTR track handling pkg...

How exactly would one "special order" something like 2VF and VSS for example? Simply ask the CA to add it to the build manually somehow?

Would be great to hear input from anyone with experience doing so!
Your dealer will need to use a form called "BMW Special Order Request." I believe it's located in the "Automotive Sales Portal" part of their site in case they say they can't find it. At least that's where it used to be.

If your dealer is not familiar with the process I suggest you give them any and all option codes you want.

When it comes to BMW, I am not sure any special order can be done until they actually sign off on your specific request. I can tell you for example that I do have VSS which was a special order.

They did not approve 2NH which in hindsight worked in my favor (though not financially). I have EBII and the blue caliper clearly does not match. So I chose the red BMW Performance brakes and I much prefer the contrast over an unmatched blue caliper. this is just my preference guys before I start getting hate mail.

Oh, they rejected one other option which was the tinted rear windows. That definitely worked in my favor because I ended up using 3M ceramic tint which means the whole car matches and the tint is far superior to what I would have had to use (non-ceramic) to match the factory tint for the rest of the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:10 AM
Tourings FTW!?

Mein Auto: '95 525iT/5, '18 328dT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. View Post
Hope this helps.
Yes absolutely! Huge help. At least I now know how to approach this with whatever dealer I try to work through for the E.D. order

Now let's see some pics of this optioned-out touring!

Would love to see the 3M tint as well since I would likely do something similar. What %?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search