'06 750li Rear seat conversion to comfort possible? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750Li
'06 750li Rear seat conversion to comfort possible?

I recently purchased two '06 750Li's from an auction. Originally they were identical with the option packages except one has the comfort heat/ac rear reclining seats option. The one I'm keeping is in very good condition but does not have the reclining rear seats. The other, according to the auction house, apparently hit a semi going 120+ and was then was rear ended by another semi. The rear seating area is the only thing not destroyed on this car, I only bought it because they were basically giving it away ($150) and once I take the rear seats and rear entertainment system out is really only good for scrap. My question is, is this possible, without gutting the electrical system of the good one, to replace the original seats with comfort rear reclining rear seats?

Last edited by koliske; 12-29-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
yes, there is a power harness needed and to be coded when complete
Old 12-30-2018, 04:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750Li
Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
I recently found this video in case you haven't seen it of someone doing this retrofit

Sent from my SM-G955F using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 05-22-2020, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 745Li
What modules need to be coded after doing this retrofit? Everything works but my airbag light is on.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 745D View Post
What modules need to be coded after doing this retrofit? Everything works but my airbag light is on.
Maybe @cimdahers can help with this. He just did the retrofitt.

Skickat frŚn min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
It probably is related with rear seat satellite SSD. Play with coding on rear side airbags or buckles there. My airbag yellow lamp was lit because my seat belt buckles don't have the wires connected to them. So, I coded in SSD them not active.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koliske View Post
I recently purchased two '06 750Li's from an auction. Originally they were identical with the option packages except one has the comfort heat/ac rear reclining seats option. The one I'm keeping is in very good condition but does not have the reclining rear seats. The other, according to the auction house, apparently hit a semi going 120+ and was then was rear ended by another semi. The rear seating area is the only thing not destroyed on this car, I only bought it because they were basically giving it away ($150) and once I take the rear seats and rear entertainment system out is really only good for scrap. My question is, is this possible, without gutting the electrical system of the good one, to replace the original seats with comfort rear reclining rear seats?
Wiring loom is rather big, but actually schematically it is not so complicated. You can really leave the good wiring in place, and wire new wiring for rear seats in addition.
There are two modules for each side, which need power supply, and connection to PT-CAN (the blue amd blue/red wire). However, SSD at the rear is connected to each side seat occupancy sensors. So You have to lead some blue wires to SSD, and that's actually all.
It also depends if your seats are from RHD or LHD. There is a hardware coding for each module. I insta***316;ed an RHD seats on my LHD, and my opposite seats responded to regulations.

PS. Please note that here is a rear blocking button on the driver's door. Vibellito knows, it took for me two days solving the problem that my seats were not responding to the adjustment buttons...

Old 05-22-2020, 02:00 PM

Sorry for the mess, it is SSH, not SSD. I reinstalled my daughter's computer, and probably SSD hard drive has stuck in my head.
And it is friday night...

Old 05-22-2020, 04:15 PM

Do I need to add anything to the VO?
Old 05-23-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Do I need to add anything to the VO?
$460 for the seats in rear
$496 for the seat heating in rear

Old 05-23-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdahers View Post
$460 for the seats in rear
$496 for the seat heating in rear

Thanks
Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
I wish there was an easy solution to put those seats in an old classic car
Old 05-23-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
I've got them in and all the options work. But my seat belt and airbag light will not go off. I'm going to add $460 and $496 to the VO and hope this works. But I only know of one module that needs to be coded. Hopefully someone will chime in and let me know what other modules need to be coded

Last edited by 745D; 05-23-2020 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
I've got them in and all the options work. But my seat belt and airbag light will not go off. I'm going to add $460 and $496 to the VO and hope this works. But I only know of one module that needs to be coded. Hopefully someone will chime in and let me know what other modules need to be coded
I don't think that changing the VO itself will solve it. Haven't tried, but I guess that coding a module alone would change the necessary setting even without the VO. VO is crucial for default coding, however, not always it solves all the issues. Similarly, my rear airbag light was coded off only by playing with coding options in the SSH. It was once I replaced the SSH module, even before when my rear seats were the standard ones. And then it happened again with the rear seats retrofit. Then I knew what to do, and it was solved again...
Have You tried to code off the buckles in SSH? Don't remember exact name of the option, but it was quite understandable by using NCS Dummy.
If You wish I can turn on the computer and look the exact names...

Old 05-24-2020, 01:50 AM

Quote:
I've heard that rear seats from e65 are very popylar in Ukraine. Many junkyards are shipping out the seats out to Ujraine to install in boats and small yachts. Don't know how they solve CAN messaging, otherwise there is only supply issue, and rear safery system to integrate into.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I don't think that changing the VO itself will solve it. Haven't tried, but I guess that coding a module alone would change the necessary setting even without the VO. VO is crucial for default coding, however, not always it solves all the issues. Similarly, my rear airbag light was coded off only by playing with coding options in the SSH. It was once I replaced the SSH module, even before when my rear seats were the standard ones. And then it happened again with the rear seats retrofit. Then I knew what to do, and it was solved again...
Have You tried to code off the buckles in SSH? Don't remember exact name of the option, but it was quite understandable by using NCS Dummy.
If You wish I can turn on the computer and look the exact names...

I did the FA write of the $460 to the CAS and the LMA, coded the SSH, cleared the code And the airbag light went off.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I did the FA write of the $460 to the CAS and the LMA, coded the SSH, cleared the code And the airbag light went off.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:18 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
I've heard that rear seats from e65 are very popylar in Ukraine. Many junkyards are shipping out the seats out to Ujraine to install in boats and small yachts. Don't know how they solve CAN messaging, otherwise there is only supply issue, and rear safery system to integrate into.

That's my dilemma . If I knew how they were getting them to
function , I would have a set installed in my Cadillac ...
Old 05-25-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
That's my dilemma . If I knew how they were getting them to

function , I would have a set installed in my Cadillac ...
Once I thought about replicating an e70 main modules in parallel with my e65 electronics system. So that e70 car system works in parallel. I thought that the JBBE (a main gateway module on e70 as the SGM on e65) could be connected to power supply and co***326;ected to my car's can system, so that I could connect other e70 modules to work on my e65. Maybe that woukd require also a CAN filter, or something in addition for the JBE to fire up. Of course for programming possibilities I probabky would have to add also additional OBD port directly to the JBBE...
With that said above I think that it is possible to add some modules in addition to rear seat modules which could interpret the CAN messages from the adjustment buttons to the rear seat modules. Maybe that is the case also for the boats, that they just make a replica of an e65 SGM, and rear seats with their modules, which allows powering the rear seats' system.
Haven't done that anyway, so this stays just as unrealized thought.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search