440 GC Questions incl suspension and MPPSK - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
440 GC Questions incl suspension and MPPSK

Hello all:

Nearing the end of my current 36 month lease on my 2016 435 GC. Well, still have 8 months to go, but getting excited to maybe refresh. 99% sure I am going to roll into a new BMW lease, and choosing between the 6 series, 5 series, or just sticking with another 4 series GC. Sure do love the size and muscle combo of the 435. If I do roll into a new 440 GC, I would like to upgrade in a couple ways.

(1) I would love a little more power and a deeper exhaust note. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and the sound offered by the MPPK exhaust sounds pretty great. I am also interested in the added HP given by the kit itself. So, the question I have, is can one get that MPPSK kit installed at port and include it as an option in the lease, or does it need to be purchased and added at dealer?

(2) on my current 435, I have both the M Sport Package, as well as the Track package. I love the look, and I also prefer the 18 inch rims with non-run flat tires. I love the stiff and athletic ride offered by the car, but sometimes, the ride is a little "rough" on crappy california roads for the wife. I believe the combo of the Track and M package makes my suspension on the current 435 an Adaptive M Suspension. In looking at possibly another 440 GC for my next vehicle, are there any options or configurations that might make the suspension just a little softer in comfort mode? I see the 704 suspension is an option, though not sure of all the conflicts in the ordering guide, but would that suspension offer an improvement, or is it a downgrade?
Other than suspension options, is there any way to have a bit smoother ride in comfort mode, yet still have the stiff aggressive ride in sport mode?

I guess that is the only reason that I am considering the 5 series or 6 series for a bit more cushy ride, but I do love the appearance and size of the 4 series.

Thank you all for your input. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Sedan Driver

Mein Auto: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfwalsh View Post
Hello all:

Nearing the end of my current 36 month lease on my 2016 435 GC. Well, still have 8 months to go, but getting excited to maybe refresh. 99% sure I am going to roll into a new BMW lease, and choosing between the 6 series, 5 series, or just sticking with another 4 series GC. Sure do love the size and muscle combo of the 435. If I do roll into a new 440 GC, I would like to upgrade in a couple ways.

(1) I would love a little more power and a deeper exhaust note. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and the sound offered by the MPPK exhaust sounds pretty great. I am also interested in the added HP given by the kit itself. So, the question I have, is can one get that MPPSK kit installed at port and include it as an option in the lease, or does it need to be purchased and added at dealer?

(2) on my current 435, I have both the M Sport Package, as well as the Track package. I love the look, and I also prefer the 18 inch rims with non-run flat tires. I love the stiff and athletic ride offered by the car, but sometimes, the ride is a little "rough" on crappy california roads for the wife. I believe the combo of the Track and M package makes my suspension on the current 435 an Adaptive M Suspension. In looking at possibly another 440 GC for my next vehicle, are there any options or configurations that might make the suspension just a little softer in comfort mode? I see the 704 suspension is an option, though not sure of all the conflicts in the ordering guide, but would that suspension offer an improvement, or is it a downgrade?
Other than suspension options, is there any way to have a bit smoother ride in comfort mode, yet still have the stiff aggressive ride in sport mode?

I guess that is the only reason that I am considering the 5 series or 6 series for a bit more cushy ride, but I do love the appearance and size of the 4 series.

1. Yes
2. You could get a XDrive version with adaptive so it's taller and softer in comfort and still have a sports setting. Or buy a set of non run flat tires next time

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug

Last edited by anotheran; 03-30-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
1. Yes
2. You could get a XDrive version with adaptive so it's taller and softer in comfort and still have a sports setting. Or buy a set of non run flat tires next time

Cool, thank you for the suggestion on the X drive. I assume "adaptive" refers to the 2VF Adaptive M Suspension?

I also assume that Yes refers to the fact that the MPPSK can be installed at port and included in the lease. Just sort of like adding another option package, eh?

And I did get the Track package with the 23N option (Orbit Grey V Spoke Wheels Style 398 with non-run flat tires), on the current 435 GC.

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Hello all:

Hi,

Looks like we have similar cars... and are in similar locations.

I am in the north county San Diego area (for comparison of roads), and I have a 435 in Estoril Blue with both track package and M sport styling (with the same wheels you have as well).

What I dont know is, if you have the adaptive suspension or not (not sure it was automatically included in the track package, or an additional 900 MSRP upcharge.

I know I DO have the adaptive suspension, for sure.

I can notice a difference in how my car rides in comfort (which I only use when riding someone beside my wife around) and sport, which I spend 95+ percent of my time in.

The Sport setting on my car feels like the 704 suspension I had in my 2013 leased 335. The comfort setting feels more like my wifes old active hybrid 5, which did not have any sport suspension options.

It would be interesting to me for you to check and make sure you DO have the adaptive option on your car using something like bmwvin.com If so, and the comfort setting is a bit too stiff, you would likely need to move to a 5 series.

I would tell you that you dont need an X drive car here in southern cali, and would have a hard time finding an x Drive SEDAN on a dealers lot anywhere. SUVs is another story (because people expect SUVs to be 4WD even if they never need it... my wifes X5 is Xdrive).

As for your other question, I am in the same boat as you, and can confirm that IF you order the car with MPPK, that is a port installed option and can be residualized into the lease. If you have the dealer install it later, it obviously is not. This was the case when I leased in 2016 but I actually found this car on a dealers lot, so contacted said dealer and negotiated on it as it was everything I was going to custom order.

This time I think I will order one to get the MPPK residualized, that is if I keep the 4 series. I am thinking about either buying a car and getting off the lease train, or possibly leasing a 5 series for more "upscale" or buying a 2 year old M3. Cant make up my mind heh.

Good luck.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 03-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Sedan Driver

Quote:
Cool, thank you for the suggestion on the X drive. I assume "adaptive" refers to the 2VF Adaptive M Suspension?

I also assume that Yes refers to the fact that the MPPSK can be installed at port and included in the lease. Just sort of like adding another option package, eh?

And I did get the Track package with the 23N option (Orbit Grey V Spoke Wheels Style 398 with non-run flat tires), on the current 435 GC.

Thank you for your help!
Correct on the lease and install at port

Then itís going higher softer suspension which is XDrive with, as you said 2vf. Itís 10mm taller

BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Old 03-30-2018, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 440GC/ 2007 328i
I have not had an adaptive suspension, but have the 704 currently in my 440GC. The ride is, of course, uniform regardless of whether in Sport or in Comfort...and I like that consistency. I have the P7's - which are a Grand Touring tire - so the ride is a bit more firm than my '07 328 w non-RFTs (Mich Sport A/S 3+), but comfortable enough that my wife/ other passengers do not complain. All of this is to say that you might consider the 704 w a grand touring tire, if makes sense to your driving style. Just for reference: while I have found that I can lose front tire traction under very hard driving (like Back of the Dragon in western VA), I've been able to push the car fairly hard during club drives and not suffered a loss of traction or control. If you are set on high-performance tires, you may want to reconsider the adaptive suspension to soften the ride for others. Not sure. Would love to hear what solution you choose, then a brief post about your results after a few months. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 03-30-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Hi,

Looks like we have similar cars... and are in similar locations.

I am in the north county San Diego area (for comparison of roads), and I have a 435 in Estoril Blue with both track package and M sport styling (with the same wheels you have as well).

What I dont know is, if you have the adaptive suspension or not (not sure it was automatically included in the track package, or an additional 900 MSRP upcharge.

I know I DO have the adaptive suspension, for sure.

I can notice a difference in how my car rides in comfort (which I only use when riding someone beside my wife around) and sport, which I spend 95+ percent of my time in.

The Sport setting on my car feels like the 704 suspension I had in my 2013 leased 335. The comfort setting feels more like my wifes old active hybrid 5, which did not have any sport suspension options.

It would be interesting to me for you to check and make sure you DO have the adaptive option on your car using something like bmwvin.com If so, and the comfort setting is a bit too stiff, you would likely need to move to a 5 series.

I would tell you that you dont need an X drive car here in southern cali, and would have a hard time finding an x Drive SEDAN on a dealers lot anywhere. SUVs is another story (because people expect SUVs to be 4WD even if they never need it... my wifes X5 is Xdrive).

As for your other question, I am in the same boat as you, and can confirm that IF you order the car with MPPK, that is a port installed option and can be residualized into the lease. If you have the dealer install it later, it obviously is not. This was the case when I leased in 2016 but I actually found this car on a dealers lot, so contacted said dealer and negotiated on it as it was everything I was going to custom order.

This time I think I will order one to get the MPPK residualized, that is if I keep the 4 series. I am thinking about either buying a car and getting off the lease train, or possibly leasing a 5 series for more "upscale" or buying a 2 year old M3. Cant make up my mind heh.

Good luck.
Just checked my original sticker... per the M sport package, I have the "adaptive M suspension."
Old 03-30-2018, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Just checked my original sticker... per the M sport package, I have the "adaptive M suspension."
Ok, so if you dont think that the comfort mode is soft enough with the adaptive suspension, you might want a 5 with either the standard or 704 M sport suspension (I would recommend test driving both).

I dont know if the newer (than 2016) 4 series have different feeling suspension.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 03-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Sedan Driver

Quote:
The adaptive suspension rides lower like the 704 compared to stock. Which is why I suggest trying the stock suspension or XDrive adaptive.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search