435i Problem - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i Grand Coupe
I paid a lot less for my 435 GC with the M
Performance package and most other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 435i xDrive GC
My last three cars have been three year old CPO purchases, so that I have some factory warranty. Previous one was a Volvo V70R, but I don't think Volvo makes anything fun like that anymore, so I moved to BMW . I got a 2016 435i xDrive GC with M Sport package and adaptive suspension with 45k miles for $27,000. Original list was over $63k. And it had 1 year and 8 months of warranty. Love the car so far.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpickoff View Post
I sold my 2018 430ix because it was so unreliable it was more worry than fun. Happy to switch to Lexus!
Sorry to hear about the reliability. What could possibly be so wrong to trade a car under warranty so early? Was it tuned or modified? Ive owned many Bimmers in my time from brand new to CPO and this seems like a very abnormal experience.

If the car is broken the dealer puts you in a newish loaner so that your not inconvenienced while they resolve the issue. BMW dealers and BMWNA are usually pretty good at dealing with catastrophic issues with their vehicles, sometimes even when the vehicle is out of warranty. I just cant imagine what was so bad that the only logical decision was to take a $40,000 loss. I mean, maybe I could see buying out of a lease early but again your car should have been completely covered by the factory warranty.

Hell BMW just completely replaced my sisters engine in her out of warranty 2014 328xi and gave her another 4yr 50,000 mile warranty on the new engine, turbo, and the rest of the driveline. Talk about service! Plus they put her in a 430xi the entire time at no cost to her. So again your experience seems extraordinary.

As the owner of two 100,000+ mile six year old BMWs both of which have been extremely reliable despite one of those vehicles being very modified Im going to have to call shenanigans.

BTW that $40k lost could buy a lot of things. Like two used Lexus RC350s, a brand new Lexus IS, or a new Lexus ES just to name a few things. Just kidding. Come on, if you can afford to take a $40,000 loss you can afford to have a few laughs.

Cheers!

13' 335i -- ZCW ZDH ZMM ZTP ZMT ZPT 688
Old 12-11-2019, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 F33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBeemer View Post
Sorry to hear about the reliability. What could possibly be so wrong to trade a car under warranty so early? Was it tuned or modified? Ive owned many Bimmers in my time from brand new to CPO and this seems like a very abnormal experience.

If the car is broken the dealer puts you in a newish loaner so that your not inconvenienced while they resolve the issue. BMW dealers and BMWNA are usually pretty good at dealing with catastrophic issues with their vehicles, sometimes even when the vehicle is out of warranty. I just cant imagine what was so bad that the only logical decision was to take a $40,000 loss. I mean, maybe I could see buying out of a lease early but again your car should have been completely covered by the factory warranty.

Hell BMW just completely replaced my sisters engine in her out of warranty 2014 328xi and gave her another 4yr 50,000 mile warranty on the new engine, turbo, and the rest of the driveline. Talk about service! Plus they put her in a 430xi the entire time at no cost to her. So again your experience seems extraordinary.

As the owner of two 100,000+ mile six year old BMWs both of which have been extremely reliable despite one of those vehicles being very modified Im going to have to call shenanigans.

BTW that $40k lost could buy a lot of things. Like two used Lexus RC350s, a brand new Lexus IS, or a new Lexus ES just to name a few things. Just kidding. Come on, if you can afford to take a $40,000 loss you can afford to have a few laughs.

Cheers!
I am laughing now. Not so much on that dark deserted road in Upstate NY when I broke down. Im over it. Cheers to everyone and Happy Holidays.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto:
Bad Decisions Breed Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpickoff View Post
Ok, $44,000 hit, sorry. Ignoring your nasty attitude, I will explain. I paid a little less than MSRP (it was the beginning of the model year and a custom color), but in any event, the point is I had 3 estimates for trade in including the BMW dealer and they were all about the same. The custom color I paid extra for (snapper rocks) is a deduction from trade in value for some reason. The point is, it was such a disappointment that I would have accepted less just to get rid of it. Last time I checked, I am still a member of the bimmerfest forum and will continue to visit and express my opinion as I please. Feel free to ignore my posts as you feel appropriate.
I wasn't aware anyone paid MSRP on 4-series. I would be seriously disappointed if I'd spent that much. In fact, I'm disappointed with my 2015 435i Gran Coupe so far and I paid half what you did (it was a certified pre-owned with 24K mi). So far, new alternator and electrical issues coming from the battery to the first electrical module.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
435i, dead car, electrical failure, electrical problem

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search