Dead battery for 2003 325i wagon - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 10-17-2003, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto:
Dead battery for 2003 325i wagon

Went out to start car this afternoon and found a dead battery. Car is a 2003 325i wagon. Picked in Munich early June. Arrived US early August. No battery problems before this. Have seen posts re: 330 but none re: 325. Took to dealer this morining, they are researching problem. Any other 325 with same problem. No the lights were not on and there were nothing that would apparently drain battery. Car had sat for two days without starting.
Have to add this is a great forum, have learned a great deal over the last eight or nine months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2004, 08:50 PM
life is fragile

Send a message via ICQ to santiago Send a message via MSN to santiago
Mein Auto: 2004 325iT
Need to bring this thread back to life since I want to see what kind of problems people have with car starting problems.

My car is 9 months old (manufactured March 2004) and I have owned it since May. I chose not to drive the car on Friday because we had very icy conditions so I took my wife's car since she has studded tires. I moved the car Friday night and put it in the garage. On Saturday around noon, the car wouldn't start because of a dead battery.

I put it on a charger for about 24 hours but I have a piddly little charger that just didn't have the oomph to charge the battery properly. I called BMW's road-side assistance earlier today and got it boosted. The car started fine and after I left it idling for about 20 minutes the car restarted with no problems (drove it about 4 times today).

What's the problem here? Is this something I should have looked at by my dealer? I've had the car for 8 months and the car is only 10 months old. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

What's strange about my situation is that when I took it out of the cold (-10C) on Friday, it started fine. It only ran for about 3 minutes while I put it in the garage. It sat in my relatively warm garage for a day and then the battery is dead?

Visit my E46 Touring DIY Site

Life is fragile
Old 12-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Hello,

here's a long thread about drained battery due to A/C software

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38498

Technical Service Bulletin

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...chmentid=20580

Print this document out and give it to your service guy.
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 08:20 AM
life is fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Hello,

here's a long thread about drained battery due to A/C software

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38498

Technical Service Bulletin

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...chmentid=20580

Print this document out and give it to your service guy.
Thank you very much!

Life is fragile
Old 01-20-2005, 05:56 AM
life is fragile

Turned out the TSB didn't apply to me but I had a bad cell in the battery. The battery was replaced under warranty. My service record states that they charged the battery and found that it couldn't hold the charge. There were no drains to the battery and the charging system was working fine.

Good thing this was resolved. The only downside was that I had to drive a Nissan Sentra for the day and for some reason this car just did not like the cold (-25C the day before yesterday). Glad to have my car back.

Life is fragile

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search