Pilot sport summer vs all season - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

Old 01-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 330i SP 6 speed
Pilot sport summer vs all season

Hi

I am getting a set of ZHP wheel off from a friend. But I need to get new tires. I think thinking getting Pilot sport summer, but when I got to the tire shop, I notice they have all season version of Pilot sport. Upon initial comparison, I notice the treadware of the AS is 400 while the summer is 220. So I guess AS will last longer, almost by 2 times.

From talking to the clerk in the tire shop, he said pilot sport AS, beside last longer, will give a more comfortable ride, quieter ride. The lost in performance in dry pavement is only marginal. I have no experience with either, so I would like to see if anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks!

eel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2005, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Yes, the Sport A/S will wear longer (but not twice as long), and will have a softer and quieter ride. Whether or not the difference is small or not is debatable, *I* feel a big difference in steering response and handling between the two. While it is not a 'night and day' difference, many of those on this forum would probably feel a noticable difference after driving them back to back. This compromise might be right for your situation, but keep in mind that it will be compromise.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&...ires/index.jsp

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Today's Posts Search