My Next BMW - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-27-2019, 03:18 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2003 330ci (5 speed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Not the one(s) used in Star! In the otherwise-dull director's commentary, Guy Ritchie mentions that he filmed the jump scene on the first day of shooting; afterward, that car "never worked again." As he dryly put it, killing one of the five cars provided by BMW on the very first day "got some hearts pumping."
Good point. let me rephrase: safe to say they last awhile, provided you donít jump them like a dukes of hazzard stunt.
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2019, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto:
What !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenBMW View Post
Hey guys, I'm a big BMW fanboy who recently got a 330Ci as a first car. Now I'm thinking about getting another older BMW, either an E39 540i or the crappy North American E36 M3. I assume the 540i is probably faster with nearly 300hp vs the disappointing 240hp from the M3, though the M3 has superior handling which makes them pretty equal I guess. What would you pick?
I know your big on M3 E46 and there is no better Build ! If you want to sink $$ into others go right ahead !
Old 08-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi 4dr; '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
Good point. let me rephrase: safe to say they last awhile, provided you donít jump them like a dukes of hazzard stunt.
Yeah...I recall being so disappointed when I grew up and learned you can't actually do any of that with a car. Well...not twice, anyway.

BMW CCA
Old 08-28-2019, 06:54 AM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2003 330ci (5 speed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Yeah...I recall being so disappointed when I grew up and learned you can't actually do any of that with a car. Well...not twice, anyway.
LOL! we had some railroad tracks where I grew up that were jump able. We all would hit it hard enough to barely get the wheels off the ground. Nobody had the guts to hit it really hard though, largely because of what you stated above. Maybe Ill buy an old junker one day and. return to that ďrampĒ of a RR crossing and give it a shot
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Old 08-28-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm a DlCK! So what?

Mein Auto: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
The day before I traded my 1999 Acura 3.2 TL in on my 2003 Mustang GT, I got it slightly airborne in some rich neighborhood. I bottomed out the car, scraped the front bumper, knocked a muffler loose from its hanger...

...and Carmax still gave me exactly what they told me they would for my trade.

Yeah... I was young and dumb and I wanted a Mustang. What a waste of time and money.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search