White X1 whiteout - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X1 28i X Drive
White X1 whiteout

Out of curiosity, did anyone with a white X1 ever try plastidipping the black/gray trim around wheel wells, bumper, etc. white to match the body color? I feel that would give it a sportier and more M-sport like look. If anyone has, please post a picture because I am really thinking of doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 06:24 PM
Northern BMW Fan

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xdrive28i
I've seen someone do it, though with a professional paint shop doing the work as opposed to plasti-dip. The result was really nice, much sportier
Old 04-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Cars and trucks and boats
I have the msport in white and like the look
1995 525xit (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Sandlapper Chapter

Mein Auto: 2015 M4, 2015 i3
+ 1 on the M Sport.
2002 X5 3.0i/man./SP/PP/Sirius/BT/Silver/Beige*
2006 330i/man./SP/PP/CWP/Sirius/Arktis/Grau*
2001 525i/step./SP/PP/CP/CWP/Xenons/Rear Shade/OEM Sirius/OEM BT/OEM AUX/M5 Rear Sway/Bilstein HDs/Beisan Vanos/Rear Fogs/Schiefergrün/Sandbeige*
2013 X1 xDrive35i Alpinweiß/Schwarz/M Sport/Premium/Tech/Dinan Stage 2*
2015 i3 Capparisweiss/Solaric
2015 M4/man./Mineralgrau/Schwarz
*retired
Old 04-01-2016, 02:46 PM
pay it forward

Mein Auto: E91 sports wagon
yes that is the msport. I have it and love as well

Honda Pilot EX-L
Old 04-11-2016, 04:02 PM
GTony

Mein Auto: BMW 2011.5 Sdrive20d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd430 View Post
Out of curiosity, did anyone with a white X1 ever try plastidipping the black/gray trim around wheel wells, bumper, etc. white to match the body color? I feel that would give it a sportier and more M-sport like look. If anyone has, please post a picture because I am really thinking of doing it.
I like M Sport look with everything the same colour and would only take it to a Professional Paint Shop to match the Bottom Black Sections to my Car Colour, BUT have directed Car Improvements to other areas.

Could not find previous Post about this but will give my 2c worth.
The one I saw showed the black around wheel wells done the same White as the Car.
This was a Cheaper way of improving the look, eg. there would be a Lower Black Section on the same level flowing around to the Front and Rear Black Bumpers.

My White came with Black Bottom Sections with a Silver Section in the bottom Front and Back Bumpers. I, Can Sprayed the Silver Sections a Matt Black to Match without taking the Bumpers off and it looks way better. Later I will be cutting out some White Paper to stick around the Black Wheel Wells just to see what it looks like. Would then consider getting my BMW Paint Code put in a Spray Can and do the same as my Silver Sections.
Sorry for long reply but everything helps make decisions. Good Luck.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X1 28i X Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
I like M Sport look with everything the same colour and would only take it to a Professional Paint Shop to match the Bottom Black Sections to my Car Colour, BUT have directed Car Improvements to other areas.

Could not find previous Post about this but will give my 2c worth.
The one I saw showed the black around wheel wells done the same White as the Car.
This was a Cheaper way of improving the look, eg. there would be a Lower Black Section on the same level flowing around to the Front and Rear Black Bumpers.

My White came with Black Bottom Sections with a Silver Section in the bottom Front and Back Bumpers. I, Can Sprayed the Silver Sections a Matt Black to Match without taking the Bumpers off and it looks way better. Later I will be cutting out some White Paper to stick around the Black Wheel Wells just to see what it looks like. Would then consider getting my BMW Paint Code put in a Spray Can and do the same as my Silver Sections.
Sorry for long reply but everything helps make decisions. Good Luck.
Definitely post some pics if you get a chance, would love to see how what you did looks.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:17 PM
GTony

Mein Auto: BMW 2011.5 Sdrive20d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd430 View Post
Definitely post some pics if you get a chance, would love to see how what you did looks.
Would like to post picture but still trying to organize someone to show me. As an old guy I'm getting there.
Regarding making the Section around the Wheel Well the same Colour as the Car.
I have Mud Guards/Flaps F and R and Half of the Guard protrudes into that Wheel Well Section. Don't think a 1/2 White and 1/2 Black Guard would look to good.
I have seen a White M Sport with the Black Guards Whited Out though.

Back to Pictures, at the moment I'm negotiating Coilovers which will complete the look of my Car, But they could run up to AUD$2000 Installed/Adjusted to Suit my Wheels, so, much later in the year. Will definitely need to know how then.
If I still cant post pictures I will get someone in to do it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search