Coral Red - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich1353 View Post
Gotta put Alpine White with Coral on the list...one of best and bold
It's nice in a runner-up kind of way, definitely. Honorable Mention. Good?

BJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
So total BMW newbie here- I get the MSport adds the aerodynamic kit - but does it actually drive differently?
It drives different from Luxury, but not Sport. As you suggested, the main difference between Sport and M Sport are aesthetic plus the M steering wheel. But IMHO those are not insignificant differences when you consider the difference those items make. Personally, I don't think I could drive with a thinner steering wheel than the M wheel. It's already thinner than the one on my 3 series M Sport that I'm trading in. I wish I could take that wheel with me. There is also the matter of the front bumper -- the one on the Sport line looks blah to me. Also think the black window trim on M Sport is sleeker.

Gone but not forgotten:
'96 Z3 '00 Z3 2.8 LCI '03 Z4 3.0
'07 and '11 335i 'verts
Old 01-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i XDrive
I am wondering how the Coral Red will hold up over the years and if it will command the same price in the used market as an identical car with a more neutral/common interior colour. Of course it doesn't matter if one is leasing, but cars with polarizing colour schemes (exterior or interior) always seem to have less of a demand in the used market and Coral Red is most certainly polarizing. It will likely not make much of a difference with the 3 GT or the 4 GC since there won't be as many of them, but I could see the F30 with Coral Red not being a popular choice in the used market.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 M3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
Has anyone seen Estoril Blue/Coral Red combo? I'm looking at a new vert and am torn between Saddle Brown and Coral Red (which then impacts the exterior color as well). I saw the red in person and I like it more than I thought I would, and am taking the wife to check it out as well - but they didn't have any of that combo available for me to see in any cars (only vert they had was white on saddle, which is really sexy but we already have a white car so probably out).

Thanks
I (obviously) happen to like it a lot. Here are a couple of pix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150112-BMW-341.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	488064   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150112-BMW-332.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	488065  

Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA # 471893)

Loreley 2015 ///M3 SO over full SO with CF Trim, Exec & Light Pkg, Adaptive Suspension, CF roof, Harman Kardon ,6MT - ED 14 May 15, drop off 27 May 15, Redelivery 23 July 15
SOLD 2013 335i ///M Sport
My epic ED blog http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-23-2015, 05:47 AM
BMW Snow Plow User

Mein Auto: e89 Z4, e46 330Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polite Canuck View Post
I am wondering how the Coral Red will hold up over the years and if it will command the same price in the used market as an identical car with a more neutral/common interior colour. Of course it doesn't matter if one is leasing, but cars with polarizing colour schemes (exterior or interior) always seem to have less of a demand in the used market and Coral Red is most certainly polarizing. It will likely not make much of a difference with the 3 GT or the 4 GC since there won't be as many of them, but I could see the F30 with Coral Red not being a popular choice in the used market.
No, red is always deadly in the used market. Even people who like it avoid it because there might be people who might like it but avoid it because of resell value. The damage is done by perception. Granted, interior red isn't as bad as outside.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post
I (obviously) happen to like it a lot. Here are a couple of pix.
Looks good! That is one clean interior my friend. My car hasn't been that clean since I drove it off the dealer's lot.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddie View Post
No, red is always deadly in the used market. Even people who like it avoid it because there might be people who might like it but avoid it because of resell value. The damage is done by perception. Granted, interior red isn't as bad as outside.
BMWs can look good in red, although I would never buy a new red car myself. I think if I were in the market for a used car that is say 10-15K, I don't see myself being as concerned with the exterior as I will be with the interior colour. I will never see the exterior as much as the interior so, for me anyway, the interior can't be too garish or in horrible shape. If I were looking at an E90 or something that isn't as used, I will likely be more discriminating in both exterior/interior colour.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Looks good! That is one clean interior my friend. My car hasn't been that clean since I drove it off the dealer's lot.
Thanks! I am more than a little OCD....

Loreley 2015 ///M3 SO over full SO with CF Trim, Exec & Light Pkg, Adaptive Suspension, CF roof, Harman Kardon ,6MT - ED 14 May 15, drop off 27 May 15, Redelivery 23 July 15
Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post
Thanks! I am more than a little OCD....
Would you be willing to fly to Detroit to detail my car? . The weather is superb right now.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Would you be willing to fly to Detroit to detail my car? . The weather is superb right now.
I think I like my weather a little better.....

Old 01-27-2015, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: 04 330 cic ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrgnt View Post
Azurite would be stunning!
I mis-spoke. The car on the floor was a 750 Individual in Tanzanite Blue. I went back to look at it today and I'm still impressed. It's a little darker in room-light/lower light then I would want, but in sunlight/bright-light it looks very much like Mystic Blue.

Incidentally, BMW has confirmed that the only change they will allow for the 4 line (except for M4) is to exterior color. No changes to individual upholstery or trim.

That being said, I decided to try Tanzanite Blue with Oyster/Black Interior.

I will just get it detailed regularly to preserve the leather... and won't wear clothes without washing them first.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM
When will then be now?

Mein Auto: 435i GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrubens View Post
I mis-spoke. The car on the floor was a 750 Individual in Tanzanite Blue. I went back to look at it today and I'm still impressed. It's a little darker in room-light/lower light then I would want, but in sunlight/bright-light it looks very much like Mystic Blue.

Incidentally, BMW has confirmed that the only change they will allow for the 4 line (except for M4) is to exterior color. No changes to individual upholstery or trim.

That being said, I decided to try Tanzanite Blue with Oyster/Black Interior.

I will just get it detailed regularly to preserve the leather... and won't wear clothes without washing them first.
I browsed through some pics on Google images of Tanzanite Blue. It's stunning. It reminds me of what Carbon Black looks like in intense light, except more blue. I would be all over that. I think this combo of yours would be superb.

How much is BMW charging these days for Individual paint? Is it still $5000?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 04 330 cic ED
This color is an "individual" color so I'm told it will be about $1900. It is offered for the f33 "BMW individual" in Europe. I think the cost is $5000 if the color isn't one they use currently because they would have to prep for it. I don't know that for a fact, but that's my guess.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335i
How has the coral red aged? I'm thinking of getting coral red and want to keep the car for a long time. When my dad got his audi, the sales guy told him to stay away from their red since it didn't age well.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:32 AM

Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagill10 View Post
How has the coral red aged? I'm thinking of getting coral red and want to keep the car for a long time. When my dad got his audi, the sales guy told him to stay away from their red since it didn't age well.
You might want to check out my post on page 2 of this thread (Thread Post #46). Included are photos of my coral red as it looked 7 years ago compared to recently. (Note the color difference is simply from lighting with the recent photo in daylight after a truck ran a red light and smashed into me spinng my car 90 degrees and activating the airbags. The photo from 7 years ago shows the Coral Red interior lit by flash when picked up inside the then BMW European Delivery Center.

Recent photo:

Same car interior in 2007:

Last edited by Northcar; 01-30-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:22 AM

Mein Auto: 435i 2015
I want my car and drives I take to be relaxing, inspiring and peaceful. Coral Red interior is loud stressful, blaring, incongruous, irritating, obnoxious, and others. I believe it takes an elegant luxurious sport sedan/coupe and turns it into a toy.
It is like painting your car bright green and putting it in the middle of a Walmart parking lot.
Coral Red is not refined. Definitely for a youthful driver I will give you that. It requires massive dosages of Tylenol to tolerate.
You need sunglasses to sit in one , it is that overwhelming and bright.
Not soothing, not peaceful and not in keeping with a luxury vehicle. Yes it is fitting for a sports car but the 4 and 3 should be considered upscale professional vehicle. Red is for 2xx,1xx, and M class but never in 5, 6 ,7 etc, 435 is upscale as is 335. Love white interior but RED????
Just my opinion of course.
435i Luxury Line 2015 /MPPK /Dinan Stage 1 ecu software and harness/ Dinan exhaust/HK / Driver assist,Driver assist plus/Imperial Blue and Saddle Brown int,M sport brakes,Tech pk,Premium ,Side/top cameras
335i with M performance Kit 2015 for DW
Done with American cars!!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 AM

Mein Auto: X5, 540, 911 Cabriolet MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon44 View Post
I want my car and drives I take to be relaxing, inspiring and peaceful. Coral Red interior is loud stressful, blaring, incongruous, irritating, obnoxious, and others. I believe it takes an elegant luxurious sport sedan/coupe and turns it into a toy.
It is like painting your car bright green and putting it in the middle of a Walmart parking lot.
Coral Red is not refined. Definitely for a youthful driver I will give you that. It requires massive dosages of Tylenol to tolerate.
You need sunglasses to sit in one , it is that overwhelming and bright.
Not soothing, not peaceful and not in keeping with a luxury vehicle. Yes it is fitting for a sports car but the 4 and 3 should be considered upscale professional vehicle. Red is for 2xx,1xx, and M class but never in 5, 6 ,7 etc, 435 is upscale as is 335. Love white interior but RED????
Just my opinion of course.
Again a burgundy would be nice. Coral in a car might just be the worst shade of "red" possible.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Again a burgundy would be nice. Coral in a car might just be the worst shade of "red" possible.
Have you seen CR in person Gary? I've had it for 15 months and it's a great color. You tend to have some strong yet unpopular decisions.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: X5, 540, 911 Cabriolet MT
Don't like it in person either - opinion, not decision.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Have you seen CR in person Gary? I've had it for 15 months and it's a great color. You tend to have some strong yet unpopular decisions.

I've seen four different cars with Coral Red. I've seen it on the sedan, the coupe and the GT. I've seen it indoors and I've seen it outdoors (bright light and overcast). It looks as pretty as a baboon's ass to me in all those cars and in all those lighting situations. The only thing worse than the upholstery colour is the red treatment of the lower dash.

I don't have anything against red upholstery in cars - BMW just went with the worst possible shade of red. Of course this is just my opinion. I can certainly appreciate others might like it but I highly doubt that's a majority.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've seen four different cars with Coral Red. I've seen it on the sedan, the coupe and the GT. I've seen it indoors and I've seen it outdoors (bright light and overcast). It looks as pretty as a baboon's ass to me in all those cars and in all those lighting situations. The only thing worse than the upholstery colour is the red treatment of the lower dash.

I don't have anything against red upholstery in cars - BMW just went with the worst possible shade of red. Of course this is just my opinion. I can certainly appreciate others might like it but I highly doubt that's a majority.
Only the 4 series has the red lower dash. My F30 lower dash is black (not the leather dash). There are plenty of folks here with CR interiors and we love them. We all have different tastes.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 435i 2015
Thumbs down

Quote:

When I took my initial test drive in the 435 the end of October, it had a Black exterior and coral red interior. That was almost a vote for an Audi until he showed me the Saddle Brown or Black Dakota leather.

Tell you what as was posted earlier in the thread, if you purchase the vehicle (rather than lease) you will have a much greater challenge selling the car with a coral red interior. Personal decisions aside, based on majority of buyers you will pay a penalty by eliminating folks on the other end of the deal with loud colors be it exterior or interior so be forewarned.
435i Luxury Line 2015 /MPPK /Dinan Stage 1 ecu software and harness/ Dinan exhaust/HK / Driver assist,Driver assist plus/Imperial Blue and Saddle Brown int,M sport brakes,Tech pk,Premium ,Side/top cameras
335i with M performance Kit 2015 for DW
Done with American cars!!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335GT; 2013 Audi S5
Reading the comments here regarding the Coral Red, I begin to understand a little better the fixation Americans have with black on black or white on black. My god, don't drive anything that is different than the other guy's, whatever you do! Oh yeah, be sure to paint the walls in your house white and install beige carpeting, you know, for the people who might buy your house when you go to sell it. Whatever you do, don't surround yourself with color, someone might not like it, and you won't be able to sell it later. After all, that's what it's all about, selling your car/home, not actually enjoying while you have it.

Sorry guys, I buy what I like, I don't care one iota what someone else thinks of it. If I'm taking someone somewhere and they don't like my Corel Red interior, fine, they can walk, I don't care. They can close their eyes until we get to our destination. Whatever floats their boat.

Goodness, it looks like I really screwed up. I not only got Coral Red, but I also got a GT. I'll never be able to unload this POS! Oh well, I'll certainly be enjoying it for a very long time, and that's fine with me.

Ok, looking over my post, I see I got a little touchy. Sorry about that. But since others have no problem comparing my GT's interior to a "baboon's ass", I guess I have some justification.

Love my baboon's ass seats! Very comfy...and bright, too!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Only the 4 series has the red lower dash. My F30 lower dash is black (not the leather dash). There are plenty of folks here with CR interiors and we love them. We all have different tastes.
And of course I don't want to dismiss somebody else's tastes or their choice of who or what they love. I was just responding to your other thread in that Gary's opinion on this matter would be unpopular. I just don't think Coral Red enjoys any kind of majority because it is polarizing.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon44 View Post
Tell you what as was posted earlier in the thread, if you purchase the vehicle (rather than lease) you will have a much greater challenge selling the car with a coral red interior.
Yea. That was me saying that earlier in the thread.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search