Diesel - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)

X7 (2019 - Current)
The BMW X7 is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by BMW. It is BMW's flagship Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)

Old 12-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 BMW i3
Diesel

Will the X7 have a Diesel Option?

If not, I will keep my X5 Diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
BMW's announced that they're done with diesel anything in the U.S. Mercedes-Benz no longer sells diesels here, except for the big Sprinter commercial van. If you want a diesel SUV, the only game in town is Jaguar/Land Rover.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 35d
What a sad time for US diesel owners. I was talking to my service associate the other day and he explained that the main reason for BMW pulling out of the market is because our fuel quality is very poor here in the states when compared to Europe. As a result the US vehicles see many fuel related problems that they simply do not experience over seas. I can attest to that as the owner of a 2015 X5 35d and resident of Illinois, where there is anywhere from 5-20% bio diesel added to the fuel. BMWs do not run well on bio, and even the owners manual says to use no more that 5% biodiesel. So chalk it up to our greedy oil industry for giving us a substandard product, among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafeeq View Post
What a sad time for US diesel owners. I was talking to my service associate the other day and he explained that the main reason for BMW pulling out of the market is because our fuel quality is very poor here in the states when compared to Europe. As a result the US vehicles see many fuel related problems that they simply do not experience over seas. I can attest to that as the owner of a 2015 X5 35d and resident of Illinois, where there is anywhere from 5-20% bio diesel added to the fuel. BMWs do not run well on bio, and even the owners manual says to use no more that 5% biodiesel. So chalk it up to our greedy oil industry for giving us a substandard product, among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

It hasn’t made economic sense to produce ‘better’ diesel fuel. Most diesel in the US is burned in farm tractors, semis and locomotives. Personally, I don’t blame a company for producing a product that meets, without exceeding by a huge margin, the needs of the market. There’s no reason a tier-1 fuel manufacturer couldn’t produce ‘better’ diesel fuel if they found it economically feasible. Maybe BMWNA and MB and VW Group should talk to Exxon or Shell or someone and sell the marketing opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
diesel, x7

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)
Today's Posts Search