Z4 Alarm Clarification for interior motion sensor please! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Adam12Hicks's Avatar
Adam12Hicks Adam12Hicks is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to Adam12Hicks Send a message via Yahoo to Adam12Hicks
Mein Auto: 06 Sapph Blk M Roadster
Z4 Alarm Clarification for interior motion sensor please!

I saw Stygar's Z4 Alarm installation image, but it actually says there is a 'tilt sensor' that goes between the seats at the top of the interior console.

My assumption is that the tilt sensor is now in the siren assembly, and the motion sensor goes where the 'tilt sensor' would go in his instructions.

Can anyone confirm? I've searched already... if anyone has the instructions for the alarm install with motion sensor, I'd greatly appreciate it! I've already installed the alarm, but just got the motion sensor from a friend with a Z4 M Coupe who didn't need it

Thanks!
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster
2005 X5 Kid Truckster
1991 318is e30 Play Car
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Adam12Hicks's Avatar
Adam12Hicks Adam12Hicks is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to Adam12Hicks Send a message via Yahoo to Adam12Hicks
Mein Auto: 06 Sapph Blk M Roadster
Oh well. Despite the overwhelming responses, I figured it out. Thanks!
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster
2005 X5 Kid Truckster
1991 318is e30 Play Car
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Ron Stygar's Avatar
Ron Stygar Ron Stygar is offline
19,585 Miles
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 11,141
Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12Hicks View Post
Oh well. Despite the overwhelming responses, I figured it out. Thanks!
Good job!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
stephenti stephenti is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Mein Auto: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Stygar View Post
Good job!!!

Please, Ron... give the man a chance to comment on his own posts...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Adam12Hicks's Avatar
Adam12Hicks Adam12Hicks is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to Adam12Hicks Send a message via Yahoo to Adam12Hicks
Mein Auto: 06 Sapph Blk M Roadster
The comment was so that nobody else spent time answering my question, since it was answered... but the internet definitely needs more smarta$$es. Glad you're here!
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster
2005 X5 Kid Truckster
1991 318is e30 Play Car
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
stephenti stephenti is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Mein Auto: cars
it was just a jk jab in good fun...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
M3Addict M3Addict is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 145
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12Hicks View Post
I saw Stygar's Z4 Alarm installation image, but it actually says there is a 'tilt sensor' that goes between the seats at the top of the interior console.

My assumption is that the tilt sensor is now in the siren assembly, and the motion sensor goes where the 'tilt sensor' would go in his instructions.

Can anyone confirm? I've searched already... if anyone has the instructions for the alarm install with motion sensor, I'd greatly appreciate it! I've already installed the alarm, but just got the motion sensor from a friend with a Z4 M Coupe who didn't need it

Thanks!
I'm going to install my alarm this afternoon, but I don't have the motion sensor instructions. Does anyone have this? I've searched all over the forum to no avail.

Thanks for the help!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
M3Addict M3Addict is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 145
Mein Auto:
I installed the hood and tilt sensor yesterday with Ron's instructions. Easy stuff. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for directions on how to remove the center panel. I don't know where the motion sensor is to be installed. Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2009, 03:16 PM
madas madas is offline
Registered User
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 41
Mein Auto: 2005 645CI and 2011 X5d
Hello,

I just picked up my 65 73 0 309 944 kit from a local BMW dealer. I don't seen to have a motion sensor in the box??

all I have is

Hood switch +its bits
Siren + mounting bracket
Alarm box (ECU) which mounts below the console

am i missing something?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
caseysc1 caseysc1 is offline
Joiner
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 667
Mein Auto: 2005 Z4 2.5 and 2010 128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by madas View Post
Hello,

I just picked up my 65 73 0 309 944 kit from a local BMW dealer. I don't seen to have a motion sensor in the box??

all I have is

Hood switch +its bits
Siren + mounting bracket
Alarm box (ECU) which mounts below the console

am i missing something?

Thanks
You have to order it with the motion sensor. See post #11 for part no. on installation instructions.
__________________

Pat Casey
2005 Z4 2.5i

Last edited by caseysc1; 01-19-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
caseysc1 caseysc1 is offline
Joiner
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 667
Mein Auto: 2005 Z4 2.5 and 2010 128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Addict View Post
I installed the hood and tilt sensor yesterday with Ron's instructions. Easy stuff. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for directions on how to remove the center panel. I don't know where the motion sensor is to be installed. Any help is appreciated!
See attached installation instructions for alarm w/motion sensor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Z4 Alarm Installation Guide.pdf (475.1 KB, 1176 views)
__________________

Pat Casey
2005 Z4 2.5i
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
madas madas is offline
Registered User
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 41
Mein Auto: 2005 645CI and 2011 X5d
Hi,

Thanks. That was the part i already fitted. I thought it was up high on the center console and would be exposed. The part i fitted goes underneath all of the trim. I guess the sensors are elsewhere!

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
jragan's Avatar
jragan jragan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 472
Mein Auto: 07 Imola Red/Black MCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by madas View Post
Hi,
Thanks. That was the part i already fitted. I thought it was up high on the center console and would be exposed. The part i fitted goes underneath all of the trim. I guess the sensors are elsewhere!
Nope, that is the proximity sensor.
__________________
His: E86 ///M Coupe: Pics Track Pics Vids
Hers: 997-1 C4S: Pics
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Adam12Hicks's Avatar
Adam12Hicks Adam12Hicks is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
Send a message via AIM to Adam12Hicks Send a message via Yahoo to Adam12Hicks
Mein Auto: 06 Sapph Blk M Roadster
Jragan is a monkey. But a sexy, sexy monkey who knows his BMW stuff.
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster
2005 X5 Kid Truckster
1991 318is e30 Play Car
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2020, 11:22 PM
CrazyOneToo CrazyOneToo is offline
BMW Roxxx
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2002 X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Nope, that is the proximity sensor.
Would this be the same part numbers for a 2007 model Z4 roadster 3.0i ?
I am trying to round up parts since the kit is not sold by BMW anymore and I am getting conflicting info online.
I looked at RealOEM and they have different part numbers also. Ugh

Thanks
Alan
__________________

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1999 328i - 2002 X5 3.0i - 2007 Z4 3.0i...always in progress.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2020, 10:03 PM
Andyz4 Andyz4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 362
Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si
Alan, this thread is over 10 years old so I don't think you will find those parts new anymore...sorry.
__________________
[SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-2020, 10:44 PM
CrazyOneToo CrazyOneToo is offline
BMW Roxxx
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2002 X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyz4 View Post
Alan, this thread is over 10 years old so I don't think you will find those parts new anymore...sorry.
Yes I know. I'm trying to source parts from a few salvage sites but I still need the right parts numbers.
__________________

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1999 328i - 2002 X5 3.0i - 2007 Z4 3.0i...always in progress.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-24-2020, 04:49 PM
imnuts imnuts is offline
Registered User
Location: Regina Beach, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2008 Z4 3.0I
Yes these are the same part numbers you'll need for yours. I have a 2008 3.0I and these are the parts I used in mine and all works great
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:58 PM
CrazyOneToo CrazyOneToo is offline
BMW Roxxx
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2002 X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Yes these are the same part numbers you'll need for yours. I have a 2008 3.0I and these are the parts I used in mine and all works great
Ok cool. Thanks!!!
__________________

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1999 328i - 2002 X5 3.0i - 2007 Z4 3.0i...always in progress.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-19-2020, 08:21 PM
CrazyOneToo CrazyOneToo is offline
BMW Roxxx
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2002 X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Yes these are the same part numbers you'll need for yours. I have a 2008 3.0I and these are the parts I used in mine and all works great
Sorry, still confused and trying to figure this out. Still have not been able to remove the lower console
(with ebrake and shifter) to find that motion sensor plug.
Mine had BMW assist buttons. I replaced the button covey with an oddments tray. 2 of them for sale.

Could that be the same plug you use for the motion sensor?


-
__________________

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1999 328i - 2002 X5 3.0i - 2007 Z4 3.0i...always in progress.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.