Buying BMW from a dealership? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:28 PM

Mein Auto:
Buying BMW from a dealership?

Dealership add on fees?!?

Hi all, I'm in Canada if that's relevant. I'm buying my first car from a dealership and about to pick up a 2016 CPO BMW tomorrow and would like some advice. On my "offer to finance" sheet I looked to see dealer added options and saw one charge for "safety & security package" and another for "vehicle return coverage". I'm not sure if these are mandatory but I don't believe so. I did sign the offer to finance the letter and left a $1000 deposit and will put down the rest tomorrow and sign the bill of sale. My question is it too late for me to negotiate these two fees if they're not mandatory? Assuming they're not. Any advice helps thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 12:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW Z4 sDrive 2.8
Anything is negotiable, particularly before delivery. I would think you could discuss it with your dealer and decide if this is coverage you want to have and if not, ask them to remove it. Right now I suspect that they would be anxious for any sale and would want to accommodate you if you want to delete that coverage. I don't know where you are in Canada but I don't think people are lining up to buy BMW's anywhere here. There weren't many people at the dealership earlier this week when I took the car in for service. Good luck.

2016 Z4 2.8
2013 335i - European Delivery September 2012
1985 318i
1983 528e
1981 320i
1979 320i

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search