big issue for me with So Cal dealership and service incident - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
big issue for me with So Cal dealership and service incident

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I have an 07 335i with approx. 8300 miles on it, it's just a couple of weeks past being one year old. I had an accident approximately June 1 and there was damage to the front left wheel. In the end I had a wheel replaced, parts of the control for the wheel (I'm in France now without my paperwork, sorry), some minor bodywork (repaint front bumper) - in the end though I recall the insurance claim was upwards of $5k. The bad part is back then the car was with the dealer for 60 days before it was done bouncing between the dealership and the bodyshop. I ended up with the dealership reimbursing be for one lease payment (but it's cap-costed down to $450). Fine, I move on...

Almost three weeks ago I had a blowout while on the freeway, my driver's side rear. My left rear had worn much more than the right rear, although the right rear is close to replacement. So I expect now two tires on my bill and I'm concerned about the rate of wear...

Then the dealer calls to tell me that there are three front wheels and tires on the car. I've been going back and forth with them a lot of the time I've been on holiday and there is no resolution yet. My expectations were that they would probably take care of both tires but at least one (their cost). They've told me since the wheel needs replacing and they will cover the alignment and the wheel, expecting me to pay for both tires.

My position is that one of these tires, by definition, is not mine. I never had three fronts. I feel this is a bit insane. I'm happy to pay for one tire, I think they should cover the rest. Now the manager has told me that's as far as he thinks he should go and has suggested to file a supplemental damage claim with the insurance company. It's not really relevant but I'm upset with them for the mistake that caused the incident with my four year old daughter in my car. They are also pointing at the body shop they send their work to - fine, but I feel that's their problem. I don't think that will go smoothly, it also seems incorrect.

I'd like to contact BMW of NA, I only have the 800 # while here and need a local number and hopefully a contact.

I also really need advice on what you guys feel is fair and what you advise I do in this situation. I'm back to home tomorrow afternoon and would like to get this resolved.

Thank you!
d.

Last edited by akaMomo; 01-03-2008 at 12:36 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search