E36 Forum Mod Wanted - Apply Within - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigeta View Post
Boy, that got off-topic fast.

I vote Ken (hornhospital) or Karl (ZeGerman).
This is E36 forum dude. You should have known this was gonna happen

Also would like to send a vote to Ken. He has always been nice whenever we get idiot noobs who didnt read any of the stickies and we're all being all hard on them.

So Ken.

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates... I sure do miss you

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Twin turbo Cummins swapped Chevy, dana 60 front axle swap, 4 link rear, air ride, custom everything. 600+ hp, 1296 ft lbs tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM
D'oh, You Kids!

Mein Auto: E24x2,E36x3,E30x2, F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zegerman View Post
don would also be a great moderator.
+1 ! (dc_wright)

BMW-CCA #441426
1993 325is M3 clone"Ashlyn"; 1993 325is "Elvira"; 1985 635CSi "Katja"; 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"; 1987 325is "Odette";1995 318is"Bebe "; 1985 325e "Hazel Ann"

Last edited by hornhospital; 02-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Absolutely, Ken, Karl, Don, Chad, (dare I say df) and several others would be great moderators. I am pushing for Ken mainly 'cause being retired he needs something to do. Else there's no way of telling what shenanigans will turn into a hoe down at the BMW farm!

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Old Soul

Mein Auto: '96 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning2nd View Post
OY! Im not from canada!

lol
Speaking of.. Any nominations for Burning2nd?

Edit: This is why I'll never be a moderator.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Insane in the membrane!

Mein Auto: 1996 328iS
Who's Ken? Oh that Hornhospital guy! Yes I like Burning2nd, but why would I burden someone I like?

Last edited by dwonda; 02-26-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM
D'oh, You Kids!

Mein Auto: E24x2,E36x3,E30x2, F150
Might be that old guy that has "Ken" right on his sig picture.

BMW-CCA #441426
1993 325is M3 clone"Ashlyn"; 1993 325is "Elvira"; 1985 635CSi "Katja"; 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"; 1987 325is "Odette";1995 318is"Bebe "; 1985 325e "Hazel Ann"
Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:

I would sooner lite myself on fire and place second in a race, taking his place as "Burning2nd", before I let him be a moderator.

And that is way I will never be a moderator, too.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Insane in the membrane!

Woooo, what is going on here?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Okay, since it's unanimous, when is Ken's coronation? Do we all get to attend? Or is it more some secret cult-type ritual that conveys the Red Name?

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Needs Boost

Mein Auto: Red Sled
Ken Ken Ken Ken Ken Ken!!!!

Does he get paid? Or a free flight to BFE?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '06 Z4 3.0si, '11 128CiC
"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve.".....

Oh, wait, that was General Sherman.

I think Ken would be a great MOD if he wants the job. Karl would also do well in the role (in spite of the Temoc episode).

My only issue is availability due to work. There are times where I'm not able to visit the forum for several days, and who knows where you all would wander off to without appropriate and continuous adult supervision.....
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: E36
I have some thoughts to add to this issue.

Any dedicated moderator should not be a regular poster, or a popular person. This will make it very difficult for him to be impartial when :

1. He's having furious/robust discussions with others in a thread
2. when his friends lobby him to lock or moderate threads.

We have seen how biased some people can be here when it comes to free speech :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Please stop spewing your singular opinion. You have stated the same thing many times over and you are the only person here with your opinion. It is not shared by the .....
experience) of ONE of these products working. If you can actually support your claims with fact opposed to anecdotal evidence of one person's experience that you've not even seen firsthand then great. Else please keep your extraordinarily unpopular opinion to yourself in future as all you are doing at this point is presenting your own straw man fallacy.

Aside from this ONE LONELY case you've brought forth the ONLY cases I've ever read about for these products 'working' are from advertisements.

I've asked for this thread to be locked.

As congressman ron paul points out repeatedly, free speech needs to be protected precisely because it might not be popular. Popular speech needs no protection. Free speech does. Within that idea is the basic impetus to fairness and impartiality.

It is also interesting that this idea of a dedicated moderator only showed up suddenly after all this time, following the furious debates on block sealers. Perhaps people here have requested it. This is one way to potentially 'stack the jury' when it comes to this and future issues.

Of course people can complain against the moderator to the supermoderator who can reverse a bad decision. But who the heck has the time and desire for that after the bile in his mouth that has been served by a biased jerk ? And it does not erase the attitude of unfairness involved.

Yes, that's the situation we need to work against. The abuse side of the equation.

Interpreting the fests's rules to allow laissez faire discourse while allowing men to be men is an art that requires sustained maturity. It is best not to let a popular person be involved. Knowledge of the car is frankly unnecessary as well. The person has to be a good moderator, not car guru, and that's a totally separate set of skills. Forum gurus often have swollen heads because of that and when empowered with real authority descend into abuse, and don't get called out because they are popular with a few regular posters.

Once again, I say, considering that nature of this and other car forums, where a moderator is not a facilitator without whom discussion will not happen or will be insipid, but someone who is essentially a judge.....less is more, and a popular person will not work well with it. Just imagine if jonesin was a mod (I believe someone proposed that earlier).

Last edited by capricornbmw; 02-27-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Insane in the membrane!

Quote:
Please stop spewing your singular opinion. You have stated the same thing many times over and you are the only person here with your opinion. It is not shared by the .....
experience) of ONE of these products working. If you can actually support your claims with fact opposed to anecdotal evidence of one person's experience that you've not even seen firsthand then great. Else please keep your extraordinarily unpopular opinion to yourself in future as all you are doing at this point is presenting your own straw man fallacy.

Aside from this ONE LONELY case you've brought forth the ONLY cases I've ever read about for these products 'working' are from advertisements.
Haha when I first started reading that I thought oh crap! Sounds like someone's response to me not spontaneously swapping out every part of my cooling system!

Anyways though well said capricornbmw, very well said, you bring up some good deep thoughts on the issue, and I tend to agree that someone who moderates forums really doesn't have to know jack about these cars, it is an art on to itself. I still don't see why we need a moderator though, maybe I should check the block sealers thread lol!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: E36
And lets acknowledge that its often the weirdos, psychos, rebels, and far out thinkers, who bring a new revolutionary idea to the table. They are usually run out of towns by the authority of the day who have a vested interest in the status quo and their own egos ("I didn't think of this myself"). This did not just happen with the sanheddrin in Jesus's day. It happened as recently as a century ago, in the world of modern medicine. Please take a look :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

A guy was run out of town for suggesting, with clear irrefutable evidence, that hands should be washed before assisting with births, because it reduced infection and killed less people. WOW.

Just imagine the number of people who didn't get any traction because they didn't yet have conclusive evidence, but good plausibilities worthy of careful consideration.

Forums often lack alot of common sense and have alot of huff and puff from idiots with egos who band posse together and get things done. Free speech must be protected, precisely because it may not be popular.

I would nominate myself for this job but I lack the time and sustained interest to do it properly. I've haven't even fulfilled my promise to do my research for the block sealer thread.

If the forum has been largely self moderating with occassional attention from other moderators, I suggest we leave it that way. A dedicated moderator will just end up running other people out of town.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Insane in the membrane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricornbmw View Post
And lets acknowledge that its often the weirdos, psychos, rebels, and far out thinkers, who bring a new revolutionary idea to the table. They are usually run out of towns by the authority of the day who have a vested interest in the status quo and their own egos ("I didn't think of this myself"). This did not just happen with the sanheddrin in Jesus's day. It happened as recently as a century ago, in the world of modern medicine. Please take a look :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

A guy was run out of town for suggesting, with clear irrefutable evidence, that hands should be washed before assisting with births, because it reduced infection and killed less people. WOW.

Just imagine the number of people who didn't get any traction because they didn't yet have conclusive evidence, but good plausibilities worthy of careful consideration.

Forums often lack alot of common sense and have alot of huff and puff from idiots with egos who band posse together and get things done. Free speech must be protected, precisely because it may not be popular.

I would nominate myself for this job but I lack the time and sustained interest to do it properly. I've haven't even fulfilled my promise to do my research for the block sealer thread.

If the forum has been largely self moderating with occassional attention from other moderators, I suggest we leave it that way. A dedicated moderator will just end up running other people out of town.
You're making me nervous writing this right after my post! Please don't even hint that I could somehow ever be compared to someone with a good idea... I'm still trying to do damage control on my cooling system issue, and don't think I'm very popular, this will just make it worse!!!

Last edited by dwonda; 02-27-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 AM

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Maybe that Canadian prick guy?
theun weu'll aull hauve tuo stuart usuing euxtra u's iun ouur wourds....

Quote:
Quote:
I have some thoughts to add to this issue.

Any dedicated moderator (blah blah blah)
Quote:
And lets acknowledge that its often the weirdos, psychos, rebels, and far out thinkers,..blah blah blah...

A dedicated moderator will just end up running other people out of town.
the above was edited for content and relevancy....and to reflect what i 'read'....still have no idea what this has to do with the topic, though.

a dedicated moderator will only run people out of town?? seriously??

dude,...get a grip. this isn't 'real life', it's the intarwebz. we all driver ferarri's and have hot girlfriends and a full head of hair.... we share our experiences in regard to our cars and stuff, and, if it happens to be in our field of expertise, we 'splain so.

please, let the blue devil sealant topic go man. it's a dead horse. you are not going to change anyone's mind regarding the product no matter how many endorsements you post. letting it get under your skin and irritate you will only produce more posts like your previous (edited) examples.

nodoby want to see (read/hear??) that crap, so please, cut it out.

as i have stated before, this forum had not had an 'official' moderator since i can recall and we have done a pretty good job of keeping things down to a dull roar. i for one do not see where a mods job in this forum will be all that difficult, and believe that those that have been nominated are level headed and mature enough to not let their personal thoughts get in the way of expressing thoughts and ideas.

i have met almost all of those nominated (karl, why have you not been to bfe??) and would not have an issue with any of them being enlisted as a mod.

the cool thing about being a mod?? imola, baby,...

df
Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 AM
Santa

Mein Auto: 95 M3
My votes on Ken (Hornhospital) Karl would be great as well (ZeGerman) Both are extremely mature have a long history here and quite frankly know how to handle situations when they arise. Most stay calm around here and are nice, this isn't Bimmerfourms after all. I doubt bias will really play in here. We only yell at people who deserve it. Like that guy who was running HID's in improper housings and blinding other motorists. I've never really seen much of a mud -slinging contest on here. No-ones ever really pissed at others so it seems. Once again, this isn't Bimmerfourms.

Last edited by bimmer claus; 02-27-2014 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Under the lift arms

Mein Auto: e39, e60, f25
Quote:

you trying to get me banned man...

SHHHHHHHH enough of this crazynesss

15486372<-----
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 AM
still learnin'

Mein Auto: 1998 328i / 99 540iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
Ken (hornhospital) would be a great candidate.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Back on topic here. I'd like to agree wit the above, and vote Ken.
Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 AM
Kid in Queen City

Mein Auto: 1993 325is Coupe
+1 to Ken or Karl

Adam ///My E36 Adventure /// Xbox Live gamertag - aerodigy
Old 02-27-2014, 04:10 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 991.2
Any more input?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Needs Boost

Can you give more details of the job?

Old 02-27-2014, 04:42 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 991.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
Can you give more details of the job?

Assuming this was a legit question, see post #1.

But since this is the E36 forum:

The answer is no. Only the selected nominee will experience the rich and rewarding experience that goes with the superstar, even God-Like, status of being a Bimmerfest Mod.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Needs Boost

I meant more specifics.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Under the lift arms

Mein Auto: e39, e60, f25
normal fourm jazz... policing policy bannning people and reporting directly to admin's..

Ive done this job.. Its not all that great

15486372<-----
Closed Thread

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
heinous boob tag

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search