Is BMWFS picking up the tax on certain leases for December? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
Is BMWFS picking up the tax on certain leases for December?

I'd like to post here to get to the bottom of this - I just read this thread:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180601

and was wondering if there is a promo going on that isn't widely known yet? If someone could shed some light on this and if it exists offically from BMWFS what models or regions is it covering?

Thanks!
d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Who, me?

Mein Auto: 2018 VW GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoss View Post
I'd like to post here to get to the bottom of this - I just read this thread:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180601

and was wondering if there is a promo going on that isn't widely known yet? If someone could shed some light on this and if it exists offically from BMWFS what models or regions is it covering?

Thanks!
d.
That is a Texas thing... and it isn't just with BMW dealers... They have some sort of tax credits they can use on leases..
Old 12-21-2006, 08:20 AM

Ok, thank you. It's a state tax credit, not from BMWFS then? I'll check around the texas state government sites and see what I find
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328 Coupe on its way
no.. its not a state tax credit... its a credit from BMWFS to make leasing a bit more appealing in Texas where they tax the entire value of the car rather than just your lease payment.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:19 AM

This is available in other "tax full value of the lease" states? And then not in other states such as CA where one pays just tax on the monthly use and (any) cap reduction?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328 Coupe on its way
I just got a quote from Garlyn Shelton in Bryan, TX and they are offering the sales tax credit on cars in stock(and only select models) and no discount on MSRP. They offered me the discount on 2007 328i they have in stock. I am guessing that thats about the best offer I can get on any BMW. Tax saving amounts to about $2600.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto:
dgoss, fwiw, I bought a car in texas 6 yrs back. I moved out of state the week after I bought the car. Since I was titling the car outside of texas, I didnt have to pay sales tax. The dealer seemed to know nothing of this clause, so I had to provide the form. You can search the texas tax sites to find the form. So if you want to buy a car in TX and title it in say California, you'd just be responsible for california sale tax. suppose it is a wash in most cases, but not when I moved to GA where the sales taxes on autos was lower than the tx rate.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:45 PM

No, I am not even buying a car now - I just leased one (335i) less than three days ago. I'm just trying to determine (and it doesn't quite matter now for me personally, but can't help but be interested) if somehow this opportunity is actually national and not just for certain states. Considering it's pretty obscure and I haven't heard much, I'm assuming that it's just on "full-tax" states and the issue is null and void concerning a car leased and registered both in California. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW X3
I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with BMW otherwise it would have been published Nationally or at least in Illinois since we both collect taxes upfront.If it's even for real,the individual dealers might have unused tax credits sitting on their books that could disappear before the end of the year and they're trying to use them up,but it is not coming from BMW.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search