Thoughts on Bimmerfest 03 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2019 > Previous Events

Previous Events

Old 04-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Thoughts on Bimmerfest 03

I LOVED IT!..it was such a wonderful day and the events was AWSOME!!! I again had the time of my life..so when is bimmerfest 2004?

And a big thanx to Jon and everyone that put this together!

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2003, 06:51 PM
-

Mein Auto: 03 330Ci 5M SP
Yes, it was quite an event. The trip up from LA was a blast. It was really fun to talk tech stuff with the vendor and owners.

Many thanks to the Cutter folks for hosting!

Below is a shot from the caravan roundup at Balboa Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	balboa18a.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	10357  

03 330Ci 5M SP Topaz-Blue/Gray
Old 04-12-2003, 07:47 PM
E46Fanatics OT refugee

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Mein Auto: 2001 M5
Most fun I've had in a while!

Hats off to Jon, Cutter, the vendors and all of the people who showed up.

Many thanks again for the fun time.

Old 04-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Everything
As usual, it was a blast. Weather was nice. Partly cloudy with temps in the mid-60's.

We need to see some pics of the 175+ car drive up the coast!

Thanks Jon!

'12 Porsche Boxster Spyder 6MT
'18 Porsche 911 Carrera 7MT
'18 Porsche Macan 7DCT
'18 Volkswagen GTI 6MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i, F15 X5 xDrive35i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Executive Editor at Kelley Blue Book
Old 04-12-2003, 09:07 PM
...worked on the railroad

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
I had a really great time at my very first Bimmerfest, and I got to meet the famous Jon Shafer in person (a very, very nice guy! ) A big thank you to Jon and Cutter (I noticed the other dealers giving Cutter the "evil eye", though! )

I was afraid of being intimidated, since I only bought my very first Bimmer last December - but everyone answered my questions in such a friendly and knowledgeable fashion. I found out what the bar I've seen on engines is about (to give more stability), why you want to cool air to an engine (hot air is bad). I found out about tires, rims, invisible shields - so much!

The Meguiar's lady was very nice - she even gave me a bottle of the Quick Detailer!

And - the cars! Such impressive modifications - stereo systems that looked like the bridge of the Enterprise , all kinds of modifications - sway bars, exhausts, etc, etc!

The Road Rally was cool, although I confess to some hyperventilation on some of the mountain passes (I'm really, really, really, did I say, really scared of heights! ) I thought everyone was pretty well behaved!
Old 04-12-2003, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Awsome Time-Need more chicks!

The weather worked out great!

The clinics were cool.

Way more vendors this year!

Way more E46 M3's this year!

The food was better and lasted longer last year or too many people showed up this time. But if you didn't like sausage or hot dog you were a bit out of luck...but hey for free don't complain!

The road rally course is real nice but it took a while to finish it this time..CHP didn't help!

There were a few cute girls I noticed...I think I got one in blue in my pics somewhere...anyone else should post the pictures of the chicks. I guess if you want chicks go to a strip club, but I like chicks into cars!

Thanks Jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
Quote:
Originally posted by car_for_mom
The Road Rally was cool, although I confess to some hyperventilation on some of the mountain passes (I'm really, really, really, did I say, really scared of heights! ) I thought everyone was pretty well behaved!
Mostly everyone.... I remember hearing the CHP report of a 23109 of a few BMWs on on my scanner right after we left Los Olivos. I remember thinking "uhoh... here we go.... "

Then I pass this "Vista Point" and a bunch of guys standing there waving..... then I think... "wait... one of them is a cop.... (he wasn't waving)"

when I got back, I heard that was the group that got stopped by the CHP... but I'm not certain...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
I guess a bunch of people are still in SB partying or something. I've been operating on 4 hours of sleep and having been sick the last week certainly didn't help.

Once again, Jon and the Cutter Crew did a fantastic job! Overall turnout was about the same if not slightly better than last year, but I think things were a bit less chaotic (with the possible exception of the rally).

Best of all, it was great to see people I haven't seen since last year, as well as meet many (especially board regulars) for the first time. As someone was saying sometime during the morning, cars you see every day. It's the people you you want to meet.

Looking forward to next year!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:18 PM

Re: Awsome Time-Need more chicks!

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWFAN1
There were a few cute girls I noticed...I think I got one in blue in my pics somewhere...anyone else should post the pictures of the chicks. I guess if you want chicks go to a strip club, but I like chicks into cars!
Chicks that dig cars rule! Especially ones that can drive well on the track....

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-12-2003, 11:19 PM

Mein Auto:
a big thank you to Jon and Cutter motors for a terrific fest. it was my first and i plan to go to many more. The vendors were just too cool. and so much free stuff. props to everyone who attended, every one was nice and helpful, even my girl (who is hard to please) said everyone was nice and she had a good time. Once again a big thanks to Cutter and Jon, the fest was well organized and you guys really put on a good event. see you next year.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:41 PM
When will then be now?

Mein Auto: 435i GC
This was my first Bimmerfest and I had a blast. The caravan meet at Balboa Park was awesome, as was the road rally. So what's the deal with the CHP "roundup" near Lake Cachuma? Did the group really get pulled over? Everyone seemed pretty upbeat when we drove past.

Anyway, I enjoyed meeting everyone; I always read your posts, but I never had faces to go with the screen names until today. Many thanks to Jon Shafer and the Cutter team for putting together a spectacular event. The food was quite tasty, as well.

Michael

P.S. By the way, I am the only one without an M3?

Last edited by jgrgnt; 04-13-2003 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jgrgnt
So what's the deal with the CHP "roundup" near Lake Cachuma? Did the group really get pulled over? Everyone seemed pretty upbeat when we drove past.
I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

Quote:

Anyway, I enjoyed meeting everyone; I always read your posts, but I never had a face to go with the screen name until today. Many thanks to Jon Shaffer and the Cutter team for putting together a spectacular event. The food was quite tasty, as well.
Yes... thanks to Jon and the Cutters for making this possible! All in all a beautiful day. The food was very tasty... and at an excellent price too! hehe

Quote:

P.S. By the way, I am the only one without an M3?
right here man.... I felt the same way... I was a lowly 330ci in a sea of M3s..... but hey.... I look at it this way.... it makes us non M drivers "different" as opposed to "lemmings"

(no offense to all the M drivers... just my way of lookin at it... hehe)

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-13-2003, 12:07 AM

Mein Auto:
thanks

It was my first fest and I had a blast! It was more then I could have asked for and was everthing I excepted. All the hard work by Jon and the Cutter crew really paided off, and I thank them very much!

The Road rally was just great! I loved it and having a radio made it wwaayyy easier to know what was going on for a 1st timer. Thanks Jon and the Cutter Crew for a Wonderful BimmerFest!!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:16 AM
paddle shifter

Send a message via AIM to Mdk330i
Mein Auto: 335d
I had a great time!! It was awesome actually meeting the people that we talk to everyday. Driving up from LA with about 10 other Bimmers and one Neon (the guys from Washington) was a lot of fun. Although I didn't get to drive in the road ralley in my own car, I got to ride along in an M3 for the first time (thanks Jim). I think that was the best part. Look forward to next year.
Thanks Jon and Cutter Motors! Keep up the good work.
2001 TiAg 330i/SP/PP/Xenon/OEM CD/OEM Alarm/OEM Clears/VS Paddle shift retrofit/GruppeM CAI/UUC SwayBarbarians (HACK job)/35% tint front & 20% rear/Rear fog retrofit (Kaz, Sergio, and me)/Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/45/17 & 245/40/17 /UUC Strutbarbarian/ UUC Underdrive Pullies/ Bilstein PSS-9 / V1 Hardwired / Stoptech SS Brake Lines

2004 Chili Red Mini Cooper

2011 335d

2016 X3 xDrive 35/Melbourne Red/Mocha/M Sport/Premium/Drivers Assist/Navigation/Surround View/Heated Seats
Old 04-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Got beats?

Send a message via ICQ to roxnadz Send a message via Yahoo to roxnadz
Mein Auto: 01 540i/6, 91 535i/5
Cool

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doeboy
[B]I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

Hahaha...no, none of us was in trouble. In fact, you guys were probably in more trouble than we were

Basically, we were all doing the reverse run, and decided to pull into the vista point. Every car there was an E39 except for maybe three...so we decided to do a group photo. After we had taken like 500 pictures, we decided to wait until the regular caravan showed up. While we were waiting, a CHP cruiser pulls up. At first everybody was like "ohhhh ****" but then he just pulls up and starts talking with us all. Oh, get this, he pulls further into the lot and then does a burnout! Left a nice patch of rubber on the concrete.

After that, he gets out and starts talking about a buncha stuff. He popped the hood on his Crown Vic and let us look at the big V8. He even did traffic duty for a moment, holding the convoy of cars so that a few in the vista point could leave. We tried to goad him into standing there with his radar gun but he refused, said it would likely cause an accident. I wouldn't disagree with that theory.

Turns out he owns 4 BMWs - two E21s, an E30 M3 and and E36 325i. He and everyone else in the CHP hates the new Camaros, he thinks they're crap. They're looking at the new Goat as a possible replacement high-speed vehicle. He really liked everybody's cars, especially the modded ones, but he was probably not waving at you guys because some of you were *ahem* exhibiting speed unnecessarily.

Despite that, no tickets were written and no warnings were given. Overall he was a really nice guy; I was thoroughly surprised. He definitely changed my (somewhat dim) view of the CHP and police overall. Now here's hoping neither he nor his coworkers pulls me over on the way home tomorrow!

It was a really fun time. I have tons of pics, but they will have to wait until I am on a decent connection to post here.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:46 AM
When will then be now?

Mein Auto: 435i GC
Quote:
Originally posted by doeboy
right here man.... I felt the same way... I was a lowly 330ci in a sea of M3s..... but hey.... I look at it this way.... it makes us non M drivers "different" as opposed to "lemmings"

(no offense to all the M drivers... just my way of lookin at it... hehe)
Hehe, yeah, for once the non-M drivers were the minority.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:02 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Mostly everyone.... I remember hearing the CHP report of a 23109 of a few BMWs on on my scanner right after we left Los Olivos. I remember thinking "uhoh... here we go....
23109? I hope no one got written up for that. That is just as bad as 23103, aka, reckless driving.

So how fast did most people go to get to Cutter from LA? Was any speed record set?

Scanner eh, would you mind showing this setup to moi? I am very much interested in adding this to my arsenal of ECM in the Stuka.

Please?
Old 04-13-2003, 01:07 AM

Mein Auto:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by roxnadz
[B]
Quote:
I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

Hahaha...no, none of us was in trouble. In fact, you guys were probably in more trouble than we were

Basically, we were all doing the reverse run, and decided to pull into the vista point. Every car there was an E39 except for maybe three...so we decided to do a group photo. After we had taken like 500 pictures, we decided to wait until the regular caravan showed up. While we were waiting, a CHP cruiser pulls up. At first everybody was like "ohhhh ****" but then he just pulls up and starts talking with us all. Oh, get this, he pulls further into the lot and then does a burnout! Left a nice patch of rubber on the concrete.

After that, he gets out and starts talking about a buncha stuff. He popped the hood on his Crown Vic and let us look at the big V8. He even did traffic duty for a moment, holding the convoy of cars so that a few in the vista point could leave. We tried to goad him into standing there with his radar gun but he refused, said it would likely cause an accident. I wouldn't disagree with that theory.

Turns out he owns 4 BMWs - two E21s, an E30 M3 and and E36 325i. He and everyone else in the CHP hates the new Camaros, he thinks they're crap. They're looking at the new Goat as a possible replacement high-speed vehicle. He really liked everybody's cars, especially the modded ones, but he was probably not waving at you guys because some of you were *ahem* exhibiting speed unnecessarily.

Despite that, no tickets were written and no warnings were given. Overall he was a really nice guy; I was thoroughly surprised. He definitely changed my (somewhat dim) view of the CHP and police overall. Now here's hoping neither he nor his coworkers pulls me over on the way home tomorrow!

It was a really fun time. I have tons of pics, but they will have to wait until I am on a decent connection to post here.

Old 04-13-2003, 01:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by roxnadz
Quote:

Not I.... but definitely some in the road rally....

that's really great to hear that the officer was cool about everything... even better that he's a Bimmer nut and "hates their Camaros"

now I wonder who was actually pulled over....

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-13-2003, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto:
MORE FOOD NEXt YEAAR!!! the hot dogs ran out right when its our term. and.... the hamburgers were long gone....
other than that.... ANOTHER GREAT YEAR OF BIMMERFEST!

Jerry
Old 04-13-2003, 01:12 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by 328bimma
MORE FOOD NEXt YEAAR!!! the hot dogs ran out right when its our term. and.... the hamburgers were long gone....

Jerry
you mean when its our turn to eat.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuka
23109? I hope no one got written up for that. That is just as bad as 23103, aka, reckless driving.

So how fast did most people go to get to Cutter from LA? Was any speed record set?

Scanner eh, would you mind showing this setup to moi? I am very much interested in adding this to my arsenal of ECM in the Stuka.

Please?
Not sure... I only heard that some guys got pulled over... besides hearing the report of 23109 on my scanner.... if no one got pulled over, they were definitely lookin for somebody...

Dunno about the speed record... I came up by myself....

hahaha.... I've had that scanner for ages.... got it when I was driving to and from El Segundo everyday.... it helped me plan alternate routes due to traffic jams and stuff many times... a few times on my way home, there were some pursuits... and I could hear in real time pretty much where they were and where they were heading....

I came to be fairly familiar with CHP radio codes and the more common CVC articles because of this... hehe

remind me to bring it with me if you go to the next Tech session or something.... heh...

one of the guys that came down with the Seattle folks had the same scanner in his car....

EDIT: oh yeah.... it was quite amusing looking at all the funny looks when I went to Vegas and drove up the strip with my windows down and the Scanner volume all the way up...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-13-2003, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 328bimma

Jerry
There were burgers too?

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-13-2003, 08:29 AM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
I don't remember burgers. Just a couple of different kinds of sausage (who's accusing the BMW crowd of being into "same sausage, different length"? ).

Yes, it was a great time. My first Bimmerfest and I had a great time. Finally got to put some faces with the names. I'll post pictures later today. I'll shot a lot of video. Any idea if/how I should post it? I shot video of the road rally from the Gaviota rest stop and as the crew was coming down 154.

Thanks Jon, everyone at Cutter, and the vendors. It was a wonderful event. And a special thanks to Julio Limon who was demoing the E46 alarm install. I got a lot of good information from that demo and that'll probably be my first DIY mod when I actually get the car stateside.

-Peter
Old 04-13-2003, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Now the people that taped it, are they going to post them or what? Cause I want to see the ones where all the cars drive by.

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2019 > Previous Events
Today's Posts Search