BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Cut speaker wires

604 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hornhospital 
#1 ·
I put a new battery in trunk on my 97 328I today. Noticed that both speaker(s) wires have been cut off. Anyone know where to look for the other end of wires in trunk without me pulling all the carpeting out. :mad: I think the last owner put in a after market radio in...I took it out and put stock radio in. Not sure why I cut the wires tho. :dunno:
There is also some kind of a plastic rack between the trunk cd player and rear trunk speaker. Not sure what its for? Just bolted to under side of parcel shelf in trunk.

Any help at all/thanks

#2 ·
The rack was for the factory amp. Sorry, but you'll just have to dig around for the wires. No telling where they were tucked away after they were cut. I'd suggest pulling the remaining wires from the speakers around to see how far they'll reach. If they're only a couple inches remaining it's going to be a treasure hunt to find the wires you need to connect to.

#3 ·
Thanks horn, there is only about 6" of wire on the speakers. Ill just leave the wires for now, look some time with warmer weather. Had this car couple yrs now and never missed them.
I don't need no "stinking" amp. I don't like loud music when I drive anyway. This not "The Taxi" :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.