To Indulge or to Not Indulge - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 11-28-2019, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto:
To Indulge or to Not Indulge

Hello everyone, first post here and I have a load of questions regarding potentially buying a CPO BMW.

I have been in the market for a CPO BMW for almost 6 months now. I currently drive a 2001 Toyota Tundra and drive approx. 90 miles round trip every day for work (going 60-70 mph on the freeway for 90% of drive) and want something more fuel-efficient (spending around $450 a month on gas) as well as more enjoyable to drive. I work between 10-12 hours a day in the office so those ~2 hours I'm driving every day I want to enjoy, and a BMW will allow me to find those miles much more engaging than my current situation as well as get some savings on gas.

I have been in the market for a 2016 428i/435i coupe or GC with M-Sport package. I would pay the extra $2.5k to upgrade the 1-year unlimited mile CPO warranty that comes with the car to a 2-year bumper-to-bumper unlimited mile warranty (doesn't cover wear items, e.g. timing belts, oil, brakes, rotors, etc.). I just graduated college in May and got a job where I make enough money where I can comfortably afford a car like this but hear from a lot of older folk who don't own luxury sports cars themselves that driving such a car so much will be the worst decision I will make. Wondering if anyone here is in a similar commute situation and what their experience has been with a 428i/435i. Should I be considering a car of this nature given how many miles I will be putting on it every year (at least 25k)? If you have a 428i, are you happy with the power of the twin spooled turbo inline 4 cylinder vs. 6 cylinder of the 435i? If you drive a 435i, are you happy with the power/mpg trade-off? I have seen some CPOs with 40-50k miles on them at attractive prices. Is it worth it to pay more for a lower mileage option? What can I expect in maintenance every year given that BMW suggests servicing every 10k miles?

I'm sure I have more quetions but can't think of them right now.

Thanks for all of your responses.

Last edited by jkbrennan97; 11-28-2019 at 01:05 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
428i, 435i, 4series, gran coupe, new car

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search