Need advice - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Robbie

Mein Auto: 325i
Need advice

I checked in the new member section yesterday so now its time to learn about my new ride. I am picking up an 02 325I next week to serve as my DD. It didn't take long after reading some reviews and general internet discussions to realize these cars have window regulator and sunroof problems. Well....the one I bought has the same issues. I have always been a car person, so fixing these sort of problems is no problem. Here's my question...Which internet site is the best source for repair parts. And also, because of my drag racing roots, I will certainly be tinkering with upgrades, so where also should I look for upgrade parts...rims, tires, brakes etc...

Thanks in advance...

Robbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
You have landed at the premiere E46 DIY forum. This place is a wealth of information (and amusement). You can get off to a good start by reading the E46 Wiki. There`s a whole laundry list of things that will need attention on these cars besides window regulators. Just scan backwards through the thread titles, and you`ll get a better idea of what I`m talking about.
So, welcome aboard, and good luck !

P.S.: This Forum has a bunch of old gearheads among it`s veteran members....

*Please support the Disabled American Veterans*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Robbie

Thanks Bob!! Heres a pic of my promod I just sold for all the gear heads here.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci 6-speed
Use the search site to look for BMW parts at the best price
WWW.furiousmethod.com
Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 323 Ci
Welcome to the fest, and congrats on the new to you Bimmer. This section of BimmerFest has a ton of information about our cars which you can access at any time by reading the WIKI, and we all encourage you to do so…it will answer many of your questions. Of course when you combine the WIKI (did I mention that you should read that), with the search function, then you have the world by the short hairs. Did I mention that you should read the WIKI.

If you plan on doing the work yourself, and for the most part maintaining your car yourself, you should plan buying a Bentley manual, and a code scanner. If you did the wrenching on the draster, then you have it whipped. For the most part these cars are pretty easy to work on, everything either bolts or snaps on. To start repairs look up the part number here

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do...ies=E46&arch=0

and search for the best deal here

http://furiousmethod.com/

and then get to work. Otherwise take the time to develop a meaningful relationship with an independent garage.

Awesome dragster...it will take a few mods to get your 325i to run as quick in a straight line but it will out run it pure stock on the twisties.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the fest.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Robbie

Bob, go forth and PT
THANKS so much. I have read the wiki and it was a wealth of information!!! I can't wait to start tinkering with the car. I did all the wrenching on the race car, so tools and interest aren't a problem and I do have a good friend with an Import garage, so hopefully this will be a fun ride..
THANKS AGAIN.... I
And if anyone needs advice on a blown hemi... Let me know!!

Robbie

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search