Pair of 435s in Red and Blue - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:51 AM
beware_phog's Avatar
beware_phog beware_phog is offline
Jayhawk Fan
Location: Lawrence
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,830
Mein Auto: 435
Pair of 435s in Red and Blue

My neighbor purchased their 2014 435 Convertible a couple months before we got our 435 Coupe last year. On a rainy day I finally got the two kids together for a picture.

I love all my BMW family and their gray, white and black cars, but nothing pops like a little color with the Melbourne Red or the Estoril Blue.


 photo IMG_1175_zpszddjna5b.jpg
__________________
Current:
2019 x3xDrive 30i | Executive | Premium| Convenience | Dynamic Handling | xLine | Upgraded Stereo | Mineral White | Canberra Beige | PCD
2014 435 M Sport Coupé | DHP | Cold Weather PKG | Driver Assistance PKG | Navigation | Side/Top Cameras | Upgraded Stereo | Style 441 Wheels | ED

Previous: 2003 540 Touring; 2001 740 Sport; 2004 330 Convertible; 2003 X3 (ED); 1998 323 Convertible

BMW CCA: 162191

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 AM
floyd23 floyd23 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: UK
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 127
Mein Auto: E90/F30
Two Good looking cars!
__________________

2011-present E90 2008 328xi base line alpine white/cold weather pkg
2015-present F30 2016 340 xdrive Estoril blue/saddle/Msport/adaptive m suspension/tech/drivers assistance/cold weather pkgs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Yinzer's Avatar
Yinzer Yinzer is offline
6 RINGS
Location: Blitzburgh
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8,088
Mein Auto: CTS-V,540,Subaru Forester
That red is really nice
__________________
BMW CCA MEMBER 486229
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Yinzer's Avatar
Yinzer Yinzer is offline
6 RINGS
Location: Blitzburgh
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8,088
Mein Auto: CTS-V,540,Subaru Forester
EB is my fav bmw color
__________________
BMW CCA MEMBER 486229
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Northcar Northcar is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,599
Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by beware_phog View Post
My neighbor purchased their 2014 435 Convertible a couple months before we got our 435 Coupe last year. On a rainy day I finally got the two kids together for a picture.

I love all my BMW family and their gray, white and black cars, but nothing pops like a little color with the Melbourne Red or the Estoril Blue.
There is an article in one of the current car magazines (June issue of Motor Trend?) that I saw on the News Stand yesterday that fits perfectly with this thread. It was about the greying of America with something like 70% of all cars in the U.S. now being some shade of grey, black or white - which they categorized together as being "colorless."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Squiddie's Avatar
Squiddie Squiddie is offline
BMW Snow Plow User
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,227
Mein Auto: e89 Z4, e46 330Ci vert
Awesome. I hope you guys decided to permanently share one of your driveways for this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Northcar Northcar is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,599
Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
Color musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
That red is really nice
I did consider Melbourne Red for my 435i M Sport convertible, but BMW's current version, which to my eye is a muted red, just does not pop. (Though in your photo it looks much better than on the lot.) Even the Mercedes non metallic red does the job better IMHO, at least on a convertible where you want a little more wow factor if you are going red.

I agree EB fits the bill nicely for the pop/wow effect, but with the limited interior options for an M Sport it came down to Coral Red for me (did not want a too light to keep clean or a too hot black interior on a convertible) and I just wasn't ready for the Superman look.

The other consideration, had I gone with the red was that it would have required a Coral Red interior for the same reasons and I questioned whether that would be too much red in one car. However, with the Saddle Leather interior apparently now becoming available on the M Sport for the 2016 model red would now be tempting.)

In the end I joined the grey group and let my interior do the talking:



The interior with the Leather Dashboard Priority 1 option that mutes the otherwise IMHO too red interior:


Last edited by Northcar; 05-14-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-2015, 02:15 PM
beware_phog's Avatar
beware_phog beware_phog is offline
Jayhawk Fan
Location: Lawrence
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,830
Mein Auto: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
I did consider Melbourne Red for my 435i M Sport convertible, but BMW's current version, which to my eye is a muted red, just does not pop. (Though in your photo it looks much better than on the lot.) Even the Mercedes non metallic red does the job better IMHO, at least on a convertible where you want a little more wow factor if you are going red.

I agree EB fits the bill nicely for the pop/wow effect, but with the limited interior options for an M Sport it came down to Coral Red for me (did not want a too light to keep clean or a too hot black interior on a convertible) and I just wasn't ready for the Superman look.

The other consideration, had I gone with the red was that it would have required a Coral Red interior for the same reasons and I questioned whether that would be too much red in one car. However, with the Saddle Leather interior apparently now becoming available on the M Sport for the 2016 model red would now be tempting.)

In the end I joined the grey group and let my interior do the talking:



The interior with the Leather Dashboard Priority 1 option that mutes the otherwise IMHO too red interior:

That's a good look.
__________________
Current:
2019 x3xDrive 30i | Executive | Premium| Convenience | Dynamic Handling | xLine | Upgraded Stereo | Mineral White | Canberra Beige | PCD
2014 435 M Sport Coupé | DHP | Cold Weather PKG | Driver Assistance PKG | Navigation | Side/Top Cameras | Upgraded Stereo | Style 441 Wheels | ED

Previous: 2003 540 Touring; 2001 740 Sport; 2004 330 Convertible; 2003 X3 (ED); 1998 323 Convertible

BMW CCA: 162191

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2015, 02:15 PM
beware_phog's Avatar
beware_phog beware_phog is offline
Jayhawk Fan
Location: Lawrence
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,830
Mein Auto: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
There is an article in one of the current car magazines (June issue of Motor Trend?) that I saw on the News Stand yesterday that fits perfectly with this thread. It was about the greying of America with something like 70% of all cars in the U.S. now being some shade of grey, black or white - which they categorized together as being "colorless."
I guess the cars are just keeping up with the baby boomer generation that is likewise graying (both black and white).
__________________
Current:
2019 x3xDrive 30i | Executive | Premium| Convenience | Dynamic Handling | xLine | Upgraded Stereo | Mineral White | Canberra Beige | PCD
2014 435 M Sport Coupé | DHP | Cold Weather PKG | Driver Assistance PKG | Navigation | Side/Top Cameras | Upgraded Stereo | Style 441 Wheels | ED

Previous: 2003 540 Touring; 2001 740 Sport; 2004 330 Convertible; 2003 X3 (ED); 1998 323 Convertible

BMW CCA: 162191

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Beowulf65's Avatar
Beowulf65 Beowulf65 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 864
Mein Auto: 435i xDrive Gran Coupé
Great looking pair...when is the nuptial?

If the boomer generation is greying, perhaps we should call this forum Boomerfest
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,775
Mein Auto: M2, X5
Lots of striking cars!

Coral Red interior is also gorgeous!
__________________
..BMWCCA...10th BMW
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-2015, 03:52 PM
adhrp adhrp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 620
Mein Auto: 2012 F30 328i
Agreed! Blue or Red both look good, but they look even better together!
__________________


2012 328i Luxury Line | Glacier Silver/Saddle Brown | Premium pkg | Tech pkg | Cold weather pkg | Lighting pkg | Park distance control | Anti-theft alarm system
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2015, 02:14 AM
Northcar Northcar is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,599
Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
The Graying of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
There is an article in one of the current car magazines (June issue of Motor Trend?) that I saw on the News Stand yesterday that fits perfectly with this thread. It was about the greying of America with something like 70% of all cars in the U.S. now being some shade of grey, black or white - which they categorized together as being "colorless."

OK, I came across the article again and it is in the June, 2015 issue of Car and Driver and its title is, "237 Shades of Gray." It is located at page 24 and includes the following talking points:

1. White was the most popular color for North America in 2014.

2. Before that the most popular color was silver.

3. White, black, gray and silver were the colors of 72% of all new cars sold.

4. It concludes, "Nearly 3 out of 4 are colorless" and argues, "Life is better in color."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:23 AM
GAS428 GAS428 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clarita
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: 428 Grand Coupe M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by beware_phog View Post
My neighbor purchased their 2014 435 Convertible a couple months before we got our 435 Coupe last year. On a rainy day I finally got the two kids together for a picture.

I love all my BMW family and their gray, white and black cars, but nothing pops like a little color with the Melbourne Red or the Estoril Blue.


 photo IMG_1175_zpszddjna5b.jpg
I am surprised that red was available in an M Sport. It was not an option in the US. I love both colors, but if I had the option for red, I still would have bought the Blue.

the read does look good though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:30 AM
GAS428 GAS428 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clarita
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: 428 Grand Coupe M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
OK, I came across the article again and it is in the June, 2015 issue of Car and Driver and its title is, "237 Shades of Gray." It is located at page 24 and includes the following talking points:

1. White was the most popular color for North America in 2014.

2. Before that the most popular color was silver.

3. White, black, gray and silver were the colors of 72% of all new cars sold.

4. It concludes, "Nearly 3 out of 4 are colorless" and argues, "Life is better in color."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:31 AM
Hound Passer's Avatar
Hound Passer Hound Passer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NoVA
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,641
Mein Auto: 435i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
OK, I came across the article again and it is in the June, 2015 issue of Car and Driver and its title is, "237 Shades of Gray." It is located at page 24 and includes the following talking points:

1. White was the most popular color for North America in 2014.

2. Before that the most popular color was silver.

3. White, black, gray and silver were the colors of 72% of all new cars sold.

4. It concludes, "Nearly 3 out of 4 are colorless" and argues, "Life is better in color."

Agree, but someone should tell that to BMW. It's color palate, esp for non M BMWs, is painfully boring and repetitive. It would be nice to have some exciting colors to match he sportier Bimmers.

I went white for the first time ever (it's not a color!) because 3 blue cars in a row was boring and no other available "color" was worth $500 to me. I ended up spending the $500 to add color to the brake calipers, so I guess BMW got it's $ still. Ha. Ha.
__________________

Gone but not forgotten:
'96 Z3 • '00 Z3 2.8 LCI • '03 Z4 3.0
'07 and '11 335i 'verts
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-2015, 12:02 PM
beware_phog's Avatar
beware_phog beware_phog is offline
Jayhawk Fan
Location: Lawrence
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,830
Mein Auto: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Passer View Post
Agree, but someone should tell that to BMW. It's color palate, esp for non M BMWs, is painfully boring and repetitive. It would be nice to have some exciting colors to match he sportier Bimmers.

I went white for the first time ever (it's not a color!) because 3 blue cars in a row was boring and no other available "color" was worth $500 to me. I ended up spending the $500 to add color to the brake calipers, so I guess BMW got it's $ still. Ha. Ha.
I totally agree with this. It's not just 3/4....it's across the line. I wonder how many people pick a color for re-sale and want to make sure they aren't too colorful?
__________________
Current:
2019 x3xDrive 30i | Executive | Premium| Convenience | Dynamic Handling | xLine | Upgraded Stereo | Mineral White | Canberra Beige | PCD
2014 435 M Sport Coupé | DHP | Cold Weather PKG | Driver Assistance PKG | Navigation | Side/Top Cameras | Upgraded Stereo | Style 441 Wheels | ED

Previous: 2003 540 Touring; 2001 740 Sport; 2004 330 Convertible; 2003 X3 (ED); 1998 323 Convertible

BMW CCA: 162191

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-2015, 03:57 PM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 758
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Love our Melbourne Red Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware_phog View Post
My neighbor purchased their 2014 435 Convertible a couple months before we got our 435 Coupe last year. On a rainy day I finally got the two kids together for a picture.

I love all my BMW family and their gray, white and black cars, but nothing pops like a little color with the Melbourne Red or the Estoril Blue.


 photo IMG_1175_zpszddjna5b.jpg

Totally agree ! Our last two 335i's have been Crimson Red & Melbourne Red !
Both with Black Leather interior & loaded
Love the picture. Estoril Blue would have been our backup color too.
Have fun with the twins cruising the neighborhood . Hope you both
Belong to BMW CCA , & you can show off together .
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
435i


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.