Lock Issue . - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto:
Lock Issue .

Hi , I own a 09 650 I . This particular car has an issue with the locks . The car has comfort controls. If the car is locked and you walk up to the car grab the handle. Nothing . Car won't unlock. If you use the remote . It will lock /unlock .Then you can grab the handle / touch the lock and they will work. Sometimes the drivers side door will unlock but not passengers door. Additionally, you can't open the trunk with the remote . It's kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it will happen other times forget it. You can open the trunk with the button under the dash and the bmw button in the rear of car . Plus , I never noticed this on any other car I've owned but when you open the door there is a humming noise . After that humming noise the interior lights come on and the seat memory will go off. Not sure if that's related to the lock issue. Thank for any help you can provide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Sounds like you have some type of problem with the comfort access. Have you tried changing the battery in the remote, & try charging the cars battery? Try these 2 things to see it might help. Our cars do not like low voltage.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search