Service notice for software update to ensure minimum oil level warning is displayed - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2019, 12:19 AM
Robin750 Robin750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,491
Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
Service notice for software update to ensure minimum oil level warning is displayed

Did anyone else get this notice for their 750i/750Li? I got it a couple weeks ago and the wording as follows:

"During a recent quality analysis, it was determined that the minimum oil level warning may not display."

"To correct this issue, the control unit in your vehicle needs to be reprogrammed so the oil service interval is corrected and displays minimum oil level warning."

I wondered if they actually changed the way the oil measurement worked, but this doesn't seem likely. The dealer upgraded the I-Level from F001-18-11-539 to F001-19-03-530 and my 740i is not affected by this issue, so maybe this was necessary because they discovered a bug in F001-18-11-539.

Patch Tuesday for my car it seems...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-27-2019, 07:00 AM
sampatel1's Avatar
sampatel1 sampatel1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 334
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 - 750Li
Was this notice in the mail? OR did it appear on your display screen?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Robin750 Robin750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,491
Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
In the mail.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 06-30-2019, 05:32 AM
That 7 Guy That 7 Guy is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicagoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin750 View Post
Did anyone else get this notice for their 750i/750Li? I got it a couple weeks ago and the wording as follows:



"During a recent quality analysis, it was determined that the minimum oil level warning may not display."



"To correct this issue, the control unit in your vehicle needs to be reprogrammed so the oil service interval is corrected and displays minimum oil level warning."



I wondered if they actually changed the way the oil measurement worked, but this doesn't seem likely. The dealer upgraded the I-Level from F001-18-11-539 to F001-19-03-530 and my 740i is not affected by this issue, so maybe this was necessary because they discovered a bug in F001-18-11-539.



Patch Tuesday for my car it seems...


I got mine about three weeks ago. Havenít gotten around to making the appointment yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2019, 12:02 PM
Robin750 Robin750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,491
Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 7 Guy View Post
I got mine about three weeks ago. Havenít gotten around to making the appointment yet.
What year is yours? Do you know if the software had been upgraded before?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2019, 12:22 PM
That 7 Guy That 7 Guy is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicagoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin750 View Post
What year is yours? Do you know if the software had been upgraded before?


Mine is a 2013. 2/2013 build. Off the top of my head I canít remember an update having been done.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2019, 07:49 PM
ICECOLD ICECOLD is offline
Registered User
Location: Charlotte NC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750Li
I received the letter also. I dropped my car off July 3rd. They reprogrammed mine then took my car for a test drive and the SRM module fail and I lost oil pressure. They called me last Friday, they did not have one in stock so they have to order it from Germany. At that point, the part wouldn't be here till the end of August. I received a call yesterday saying it will be available the 20th of this month but still has to be shipped here. They will continue to give me updates.

Oh well, nothing I can do. As long as I'm not paying for it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Robin750 Robin750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,491
Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
The FRM module? Hopefully they gave you a decent loaner. I had an X3 M40i and the exhaust (in sport mode) makes the car much more fun to drive than a compact SUV should be...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 PM
ICECOLD ICECOLD is offline
Registered User
Location: Charlotte NC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750Li
Thanks for the correction. FRM module. They gave me a 2019 X3 xDrive 30i. I do put it in sports mode and you are right its fun. lol. For a small SUV its kind of roomy for its size. Shocked me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2019, 12:02 PM
pilione pilione is offline
Registered User
Location: Fishers
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 740il
Hey the same problem happened to me. I was to drop of mine 4th of July weekend, got bumped to 10th July and have'nt seen my car since. I also got a brand new x3 to drive around because my FRM module failed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-25-2019, 04:29 PM
andreroper77 andreroper77 is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 750LI
Was it a recall? I have a 2012 750LI and I havenít heard or seen anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Robin750 Robin750 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,491
Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreroper77 View Post
Was it a recall? I have a 2012 750LI and I havenít heard or seen anything.
I think a service notice is not quite up to the severity of a recall, but this seems to affect 2013 models based on the responses here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-06-2019, 07:59 AM
pilione pilione is offline
Registered User
Location: Fishers
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 740il
Slight update on my situation. Dealer called me last week to say they are still waiting for a back ordered FRM module and i should expect to get my car back mid august. I work in the automotive industry so i think they have to manufacture new ones and go through QA before they mass release them but i could be wrong. Anyway they took back the loaded X3 loaner that i had because they sold it but and brought me a brand new one.

Same time last year my extended warranty company was different but they covered my Upper Head Gasket leak repair which would have set me back $2,600 in labor and parts. I had a loaner and only paid the diagnostic fee of $115.

Now This Year
Dealer had me bring the car in for the oil level reprogramming campaign But they also gave me a list of the following recommended repairs. Which extended warranty doesn't cover (Warranty company contract was sold to Fortegra).
With dealer discount i would be out about $3000 to cover all of these below.

Below is my list of approved repairs. (I have a comfort access issue in the front passenger door handle)
CUSTOMER STATES THE PASS FRONT DOOR HANDLE WILL NOT UNLOCK OR LOCK VIA COMFORT ACCESS. CHECK AND ADVISE. CUSTOMER HAS EXT WARRANTY. $0.00 X
DIAG TIME USED. (OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE FAULTY.) Fail $118.80 X REPLACE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE. (OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE FAULTY.) Fail $563.24

Below is list of non approved so far
REPLACE CRANK CASE LINES. (CRANK CASE LINES LEAKING.) x Fail $1,054.90
REPLACE TURBO COOLANT LINES. (TURBO COOLANT LINES LEAKING.) x Fail $1,004.90

I'm starting to get worried i may never get my car back any time soon
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-06-2019, 08:58 AM
hgarcia hgarcia is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilione View Post
Below is list of non approved so far
REPLACE CRANK CASE LINES. (CRANK CASE LINES LEAKING.) x Fail $1,054.90
REPLACE TURBO COOLANT LINES. (TURBO COOLANT LINES LEAKING.) x Fail $1,004.90

I'm starting to get worried i may never get my car back any time soon
The dealer did mine for around $750 but that was because they were doing the valve stem seal replacement.

I have seen others have it done for about half that while doing their valve stem seals.

What exactly is wrong with your doors?
In the Bmw software I get: PTC Rear left/right: PWM signal line, short circuit to ground or open circuit
FKA_01
801009
80100B

Last edited by hgarcia; 08-06-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-06-2019, 11:19 AM
pilione pilione is offline
Registered User
Location: Fishers
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 740il
The door started acting weird. It would not unlock via comfort access. So i would have to manually pull up the handle. Or it only unlocks via the unlock button. I suspected the cooler and turbo lines quote was higher than normal. Maybe i should use my alternate german repair shop for that job.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:15 PM
isstatu1 isstatu1 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 124
Mein Auto: 2010 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilione View Post
The door started acting weird. It would not unlock via comfort access. So i would have to manually pull up the handle. Or it only unlocks via the unlock button. I suspected the cooler and turbo lines quote was higher than normal. Maybe i should use my alternate german repair shop for that job.
Sounds like the handle is the issue. I've had the same issue with my both rear doors. Ordered used ones in the same color as the car from ebay for $100 each and replaced them in about 15minutes total. It's just one screw that's holding them in place. That's a very easy DIY job and could save you some money.

Does it lock via comfort access?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2019, 06:22 AM
pilione pilione is offline
Registered User
Location: Fishers
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 740il
Got the call this morning to go pickup my car. They did knock out some charges and my total is $2,700 for the door handle replacement, crank case and turbo cooler lines replacement and an alignment. Next time i will consult with members before i have them do any major job. Issatu was right the door handle job is a quick DIY. When i had an e38 i was king of DIY, now i did'nt have 2 elementary age kids and i had more time back then but that's a discussion for another day.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-15-2019, 07:40 AM
isstatu1 isstatu1 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 124
Mein Auto: 2010 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilione View Post
Got the call this morning to go pickup my car. They did knock out some charges and my total is $2,700 for the door handle replacement, crank case and turbo cooler lines replacement and an alignment. Next time i will consult with members before i have them do any major job. Issatu was right the door handle job is a quick DIY. When i had an e38 i was king of DIY, now i did'nt have 2 elementary age kids and i had more time back then but that's a discussion for another day.
Do you know how much exactly did they charge for the door handle replacement?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2019, 10:13 PM
wjhughes420384's Avatar
wjhughes420384 wjhughes420384 is offline
whughes
Location: Jarrettsville md
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,975
Mein Auto: 2009 750li, 2018 X5
i have had my door handle replaced a few times i think the price was around $600
__________________

2009 750Li - Space Grau Metallic, Camera pkg, Conv pkg, Driver Asst pkg, Lux Seat pkg, Lux rear seat pkg, Prem sound pkg, Sport pkg, HUD, Massaging rear seats, Smartphone integration, Sat radio, MTEC H8 4750K Halo lights,
Dinan Stage 1 SW, Air intake, Free Flow Exhaust, Camber Arm
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-20-2019, 09:48 AM
That 7 Guy That 7 Guy is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicagoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin750 View Post
I think a service notice is not quite up to the severity of a recall, but this seems to affect 2013 models based on the responses here.


Update: took it in to find it had been previously done and not recorded in the maintenance record somehow. Ah well, it was a nice drive there and back.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.