Rear side window sunshades repair - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 540is
Rear side window sunshades repair

Hi all,

All my Rear Side Window Sunshade not working, except the main rear window, it is working perfectly, just bought a kit to open the door panels to try repair it.
I believe that 7 series 2009 until 2015 same parts & mechanism
Can anyone please send me a video link or any advice before opening the door panels and donít know what I will do after that, my friend told it is very complicated?

Any advice

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Go to this link to find out what you need to remove the door panels, & there is also wiring diagrams that will help. Start with checking all of the fuses, relays, & switches 1st. If all of your shades on both sides stopped working at the same time, your problem is electrical.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...epair-manuals/
Old 07-31-2019, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: 540is
I would like to thank you for your help and your useful link never knew about it.
I did checked the fuses, relays, and switches everything is OK but when I press any switch I hear the motor of any side shades is working but the shades not working so I believe it is only some mechanical problem, I do have the required tools to open the door panels and it is very easy but I am afraid to open the door panels because they told me that the mechanism of the shades are too complicated, that's way I asked for video for only repair the mechanism
Once again, my friend, thank you, hope some one will help me and others, in case I will repair it I will upload all the info.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 11:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i and 2015 740i
Both sides stopped working together? That seems like too much of a coincidence, but if you hear the motors, then it's probably a mechanical problem. Below are the steps to removing the door panel, be careful when removing the trim as you don't want to damage it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...visor/1LNL9dcI

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search