BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Return Lease with Stock Tires or Aftermarket for X3 M?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jaye944 
#1 ·
Question:

I'm looking to lease a 2020 X3 M on a lease but, since I reside in a winter climate (NYC region), will BMW accept aftermarket all season tires, instead of the performance stock tires they come with by default? I realize my option with all season tires with this particular vehicle are limited. I plan on selling the stock tires that originally come with the X3, and purchasing all season tires, so I end up saving money, by paying the difference. Is this possible, or am I required to return the X3 with stock tires when the lease comes to an end?

#2 ·
Yes, the tires on the car at lease turn-in need to be the same type (run flat or non-run flat), same size, speed rating, and "quality" as what came on the car. Each tire must also have at least 4/32" if tread in all of the circumferential channels. BMW has a limited number of approved brands ("quality"): Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Dunlop, Bridgestone, and maybe now Hankook.

Why would you buy an $80k, 500 h.p. car and then put crap tires on it? Instead of getting an X3 M, just get a X3 30i. You'll be happier.

#3 ·
^^^ dis, pls wouldnt run all seasons on a car in "since I reside in a winter climate (NYC region)" the tires are probably one of the most important and safety conscious parts of your car,
I would say false economy, if you wanna do that by an Accord

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.