BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Took delivery

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pmcmtnbkr 
#1 · (Edited)
After a long work week and waiting on the credit union to send the check I was able to drive down and sign the paperwork. 6hrs of driving $39 dollars in toll roads. We made it back home it was worth it just to get the 6 speed manual transmission. What a great car the M235i is. Got very lucky this morning and found a guy selling a complete set of 2006 BMW 7 series wheels complete with tpms sensors in a 8 x 18 size with 4 good snow tires for $100 unfortunately the tires are to wide and tall being a 245 50 r18. But 25 bucks per wheel cant pass that up. Pull the tires and sell them off and buy a size that will work

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats on the car!

Got very lucky this morning and found a guy selling a complete set of 2006 BMW 7 series wheels complete with tpms sensors in a 8 x 18 size with 4 good snow tires for $100 unfortunately the tires are to wide and tall being a 245 50 r18. But 25 bucks per wheel cant pass that up. Pull the tires and sell them off and buy a size that will work
Great deal on the wheels. Sadly, BMW changed sensor types for the active TPMS systems around 2010, so depending of the year of the car they came from, you may need new ones. If the 2006 wheels have sensors from a 2006 car (frankly, I thought BMW was still using wheel speed sensors then), there's a real good chance you will have to get new ones.

#5 ·
Congrats on the car!

Great deal on the wheels. Sadly, BMW changed sensor types for the active TPMS systems around 2010, so depending of the year of the car they came from, you may need new ones. If the 2006 wheels have sensors from a 2006 car (frankly, I thought BMW was still using wheel speed sensors then), there's a real good chance you will have to get new ones.
Ill have to keep that in mind when i get them on the car. I had read a little about the tpms sensors from that generation of car and it seemed there was a change at some point. From a rubber valve stem assy to a metal valve stem at 433MHz. Even if I have to change them over its still a steel for the wheels and as old as the sensors are I have a felling the batteries will be shot and need changed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.