BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Build length for 2020

24K views 319 replies 13 participants last post by  Genod 
#1 ·
Yesterday I called the 800 number and when prompted added my production number for my 230i convertible and found that it was in production with an end production date of 6/20/19. Does anyone know how long a build takes from start to finish? 20 days seems long.
Also my USA delivery port is NYC. Does anyone know how long it takes from end of production to delivery at my Just north of Syracuse NY dealer ?

#40 · (Edited)
AndDown I am thinking along those lines as well. Indufan yours is moving right along. just was looking at some of the route of Undine and it goes to Gothenburg Sweden first Thelmis Leader goes to Britain so more or less toward the West. I will know more in a couple of days I guess.

#42 ·
This is like deja vu for me reading what you guys are experiencing! Following the build of the car, tracking the progress as it makes its way to the carrier and where the carrier is each day - the anticipation is all part of the BMW experience!

#48 ·
I'm still tracking Undine that AndDown suggested at least until I am told differently by the "better late than never" tracking system. So far it has gone up North to Gothenberg and now to Be Zeebrugee. I am beginning to think that the Germans or whom so ever is captaining the ships can find NY on a map!

#49 · (Edited)
You should by now be able to enter your vin number into WW's web site to see if it***8217;s on the carrier. It usually takes a couple of days before it shows up. My recollection was to enter the vin into the ***8220;lading number***8221;. Once the car has been loaded onto the carrier, Genius is not able to give more info until the car is at the VPC.

#60 ·
There’s a carrier scheduled from Bremerhaven to Baltimore leaving June 22 and one leaving for New York onJune 25. That wait is so hard but “patience you must have, my young Padawan”!!!

My 230i was at Bremerhaven for about 2 weeks as she just missed the previous carrier to Oxnard by 1 day.

#61 ·
I'd be a failure as a DR. ...no patience!
I'm still hopeful that there is a ship for my vehicle and for Indufan as well. Don't know how you do it AndDown but you must have the shipping routes down! Thanks for the encouragement. You wouldn't happen to have the names of those ships would you?

#62 ·
1. Go to website: 2wglobal.com
2. In customer tools, click on "Schedules"
3. In Schedules, type in Bremerhaven in the "Add departing ports" and date. Then type in New York in "add arriving ports" and date (I choose a date at least a month later). Then click on "search routes".
4. In the next window, select the most likely date for departure, then place your cursor on the "D"and click to open details of the carrier like ports of call, etc. Yours could possibly be "Morning Cecilie" or the "Tombarra"

Have fun!

Attachments

#63 ·
I was hoping for the one that left earlier in the week but I see the one that leaves tomorrow (already today there) gets there faster. Interesting, since the other one has already cleared all of its ports in Europe and appears to be non-stop now for Baltimore. Tomorrow's ship must simply be faster and not stop at all. Although the first ship is due in a day early.

#64 · (Edited)
Well I tried that site a week or so ago and reached a dead end. But I probably bolloxed it all up . Glad to see you have it under control. I still am tracking Undine tho. I see ships from bremerhaven come and go but so far they only show one destination at a time when you click on the ship.
That site is https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:8.561/centery:53.533/zoom:15
I went to the site you suggested follwed your directions and see that Morning Cecile leave June 24 and arrives in NY July 9 Tombarra leaves July 3 and Ny on July 19.
I don't see any of these in port ships are arriving in Bramerhaven all the time.

#70 ·
Haha.

"Looks like it was handed over to sales on the 13th and it is between Munich and Bremerhaven most likely on a train these last few days so that's why it looks like it has not moved."

My response to that was:

"Thanks. The BMW Genius line says it has been off the train from Leipzig at Bremerhaven since last Tuesday."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.