BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Build length for 2020

24K views 319 replies 13 participants last post by  Genod 
#1 ·
Yesterday I called the 800 number and when prompted added my production number for my 230i convertible and found that it was in production with an end production date of 6/20/19. Does anyone know how long a build takes from start to finish? 20 days seems long.
Also my USA delivery port is NYC. Does anyone know how long it takes from end of production to delivery at my Just north of Syracuse NY dealer ?

#73 ·
I have these possible chances that my vehicle will be on these ships out of Bremerhaven to NY. Tombarra July 3 , Toledo, July 8, Themis July 15, Don Pasquale July 22. All W&W. All go to Gothenberg then BE Zee then to England then Halifax then NY.
I am thinking that Tombarra is "it" but beginning to think there is no light at the end of the Tunnel. The Genius rep while nice enough to put up with my rantings - knows nothing sees nothing says pleasantries and "I understand" but does nothing to go up the line to get some satisfaction. I told her (them) that I won't be able to put the top down in December in upstate NY!. All of these ports look like huge parking lots staging areas.

#74 ·
How long have your cars been waiting at Bremerhaven? My 230i waited close to 2 weeks before being loaded onto a carrier, but then again, there are not as many carriers coming to the West Coast as to the East Coast.

#94 · (Edited)
Yes, M sport.
Oyster/Black and Mineral Grey. I didn't decide on grey until the day of the order. Sunset Orange was in contention.

My only slight remorse so far is not getting XDrive and maybe the parking assistant since it was only $200. My options other than the M sport are heated seats, heated steering wheel, moonlight black top and harman/kardon.

#97 ·
Seaside blue, black top, convenience package, black with red stitching and coral red dash trim. Heated sport seats. My first rear wheel drive car since my Corvettes 68 427 & 84 Z51. I wanted a simple but comfortable ride.Not looking for the bells and whistles and I have an awd MKC for bad weather. The car has front and rear sensors and a backup camera and I didn't think I could trust the parking assistant.

#99 ·
The wait is almost over - at least there’s movement now rather than sitting somewhere with no information. As for the parking assistant, since it was only $200, I decided to get it. The biggest advantage has been when pulling into my packed garage it automatically sends signals on how close I am to the garage shelves. I’ve used the assistant a few times both parallel parking and backing in and it does take some faith in the system :eek: but it does work as an assistant, unlike the versions in the higher end models where the car can do it independently.

#100 ·
andDown,
Whats shakin! My sister and her family live in Orange Ca and she said that she felt the tremers and her pool water sloshed around but that was it at least for now. Ca is a dangerous place. Fires drought earthquakes and landslides.oh my. Hope you and yours are safe.

#101 ·
My CA just called and said that my vehicle is not on Tombarra as previously stated but is on the Marguerite Ace and will be in NY/NJ July 14. It is a MOL vessel. Great news as it is due a week earlier than the Tombarra but I am now wondering the accuracy of this. Anyway it is non stop to NY/NJ. I think it is the same date as indufan's due in Baltimore.

#103 ·
I am thinking that no matter when the ship arrives they have to at least unload the vehicles destined to go to that port. Whether it is on a week day or a weekend as the ship has to sail to the next port shortly after it arrives at each port. So if it is unloaded on a weekend it probably won't go through customs until Monday and then to the VDC to be gone over and then on a carrier. Andown schooled us on the abbreviations so now I can use them! I am thinking that from NY/NJ my vehicle will be loaded on an over the road truck. From Baltimore to Indiana a vehicle may be loaded onto a train (oh no ) !

#105 ·
...and the anticipation builds! We need to start taking bets on when each car will be ready for pick up at the dealers and who gets theirs first, lol. I say that Genod will get his on Saturday, July 20 and indufan picks his up on Sunday, July 21 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.