BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Build length for 2020

24K views 319 replies 13 participants last post by  Genod 
#1 ·
Yesterday I called the 800 number and when prompted added my production number for my 230i convertible and found that it was in production with an end production date of 6/20/19. Does anyone know how long a build takes from start to finish? 20 days seems long.
Also my USA delivery port is NYC. Does anyone know how long it takes from end of production to delivery at my Just north of Syracuse NY dealer ?

#145 ·
I would have much rather dealt with the guy at BMW Cincinnati North. But the deal was better at Dreyer and Reinbold BMW. Now, I haven't publically talked about the deal because I am still skeptical about some of it but I guess I will find out soon. I will disclose the details after it is over. But to this day, Brad from Cincinnati has never been more than five minutes in responding to a text, email, or missed call.

#158 ·
Yep, still at port. My CA e-mailed with someone at the VPC this morning and they think the car will ship out tomorrow or Saturday, but I don't believe it's a sure bet since they have to coordinate a whole truckload of cars (which may be going to separate dealers).

It's a pity there have been delays at both ends of the shipping process, as that pushes us squarely into the one week of the whole summer that I am tied up at work, and then slides delivery to the end of the month. I haven't put down a dime on the car or signed any paperwork, so I am sure the dealer wants to get the ball rolling just like me.

#156 ·
No, I am still showing at the port. I asked my CA to update me and haven't heard from him in two days. Man, I know the dealer doesn't make much off of new sales but he is making feel way less than anything special. I am trying to be nice since I still have my money and they still have the car.

#159 ·
OK, my status has now changed to in transit and I got a text from my CA saying Monday. Now, if they are going to that dealer, it really shouldn't take that long to get to Indy. Maybe they aren't but I think they are a fairly high volume dealer and one would think they would be getting more than a few 2020s at this point. I fly out on a business trip, Monday night. I told him we have to wrap it up by 3.

#160 ·
Looks like this thread may be winding down. I pick up my car at 4:00 today! They wanted me to wait until Aug. 1st but I told them no futher mucking way. I think they wanted to show it off for publicity at the dealership. Everything else they have are either white or dark colors. I bet I don't see a Seaside Blue one anytime soon. Not raining here but 87 degrees so far and scheduled to go higher with multiple heat warnings. I was told by my CA that there were over 4000 cars both BMW and MB that were affected by a hailstorm while at port. Not sure which port or when. None of the dealership cars were affected. Keep posting as to how you are advancing with your vehicles. Not sure my smile will disappear anytime soon. Got a new hat to wear with G82 on the front. My Initials are GAD and I am a Jr.(thus 2 and the car is a 2. (pronounce the number G eighty 2) Had a corvette plate at one time with GAD4Z51. GAD was an '84 and Z51 suspension.

#163 ·
After I told them to **** off, I guess I would have asked them how much they would give me to keep until Aug 1.

I heard the hailstorm was in Munich and didn't affect our model....I think I read that here somewhere or another related forum.

Haha. I got a new hat too. Late this afternoon, my status switched to at the dealership. I screenshotted it and sent it to my CA who finally acknowledged it. Service didn't have time to deal with it today and service is closed tomorrow so Monday at 1:30 PM it is.

And yes, we need to see pictures.

#164 ·
A. The car rides great top up or down. My problem is learning the idrive stuff and once in it is very comfortable but I have yet to learn if the seats have easy ingress and outgress. Once shut off do the seats go back and allow for easier exit and stay there until I get in and start the car.
B. They had the car on the showroom floor and had to drive it out. I am still thinking they wanted it to attract attention. It did look nice there tho.
C. There is a lot of stuff to learn. I found out that there is no partition to pull down in the trunk if I want to put the top down. I have seen it in youtube videos but the CA said that that is in the 4 series convertible because it is a hardtop.
D. I don't as a rule wear a hat but I will when the top is down to save what few follicles and scalp I have and to keep the sun out of my eyes.Picked up some new ray bans earlier.
E. There is no door unlock on the inside to unlock the passenger door to let someone in other than using the keyfob. at least I haven't found one yet.
I'm sure I will find more. By the way some of the Grandkids that went for a ride with the top down said they had plenty of room in the back but then they wanted to go for a ride so badly they would have hopped in the trunk!

#166 ·
A. The car rides great top up or down. My problem is learning the idrive stuff]
I have done a lot of research in the last few months and this site and others comes up short on the Idrive stuff.
They had the car on the showroom floor and had to drive it out. I am still thinking they wanted it to attract attention. It did look nice there tho.
Interesting.
C. There is a lot of stuff to learn. I found out that there is no partition to pull down in the trunk if I want to put the top down. I have seen it in youtube videos but the CA said that that is in the 4 series convertible because it is a hardtop.
I thought there was too.
D. I don't as a rule wear a hat but I will when the top is down to save what few follicles and scalp I have and to keep the sun out of my eyes.Picked up some new ray bans earlier.
I have no hair on my scalp. And I won't wear a hat that often but we have had some brutal heat lately and I think it has slipped up your direction.
E. There is no door unlock on the inside to unlock the passenger door to let someone in other than using the keyfob. at least I haven't found one yet.
Surely there is something. Could comfort access just unlock it by grabbing the handle on that side?
I'm sure I will find more. By the way some of the Grandkids that went for a ride with the top down said they had plenty of room in the back but then they wanted to go for a ride so badly they would have hopped in the trunk!
Sweet.

And what are the steps to put a picture in this thread?
I don't know. I just tried copy and paste and that didn't work.

#167 ·
As for the inside door unlock I was in the drivers seat and my grandkids were on the passenger side but pulling the handle didn't unlock the door I had to hit the keyfob unlock to do it. If I were on the outside with the keyfob in my pocket it would have unlocked I am sure. By the way I have noticed that after parking the car one push of the start stop button the car engine will turn off but even if I open the door the radio will still be playing so if I push the stop start button a second time then everything goes off. Kinda of weird that way.

#181 ·
Yesterday my CA called and said it was on a truck and would be at the dealership today, but it did not show up as of 7pm when they closed. Tracking still says "at port" so I don't know who to believe anymore. In any event, I'll be tied up with work for a week starting on Monday, so I won't be able to pickup the car until the end of the month. Maybe that will give me more leverage when it comes to the price negotiations. :dunno:

#176 ·
I went out to the garage today to apply McKees high def sealant on the 2 and opened the trunk. I saw a handle near the top of the opening and pushed it and found that I does go toward the front of the car so this is the partition that my CA doesn't know about. It was pulled back toward the rear so the top would go down. If the top is up and this partition is pushed forward then the trunk increases in size. I did not try it yet but I think there is a warning on the dash if the partition is not pulled down and back to alert someone that it needs to be adjusted before the top will go down. Most times it would be adjusted , for me anyway, so the top would be able to go down whenever I wanted it to. The trunk still can be used but I don't have anything there unless traveling.

#187 ·
Yes that Bremmerhaven wait was excrutiating but looking back on it all now and it really was just under two months to get it into my garage. Lucky we had andown to guide us and calm at least me down. Thanks again andown. This forum turned out to be a great great ride with some new internet acquaintances and was a top down experience again today even with high 80's and bright sun. The hat came in handy. Still not a fan of the idrive. I wonder if there is a way to not have the passenger mirror aim down looking for a curb when in reverse. I don't park at any curb.

#188 ·
I will echo all of your sentiments, Genod. Thanks for joining in the ride. I couldn't obsess with all of my regular friends. And thanks to Skier for riding the last part of the ride with us.
I wonder if there is a way to not have the passenger mirror aim down looking for a curb when in reverse. I don't park at any curb.
I think that can be coded. There are a couple of coding options I am interested in but need to see how it works first to make final decisions. I am also considering the SmartTop module to reverse the button setting and to allow for remote operation from the keyfob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.