BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Features

9K views 116 replies 9 participants last post by  indufan 
#1 ·
Let's separate this from the other thread.

Let's be clear, I do not have the nav and that seems to be a factor in features way outside of navigation.

I know they rather play with Apple but I think there is a way to get my texts on the screen but have no clue how to go about it. I have connected both with bluetooth and USB. How do I do it or not possible?

I have a dozen other feature questions but one at a time for now.

#93 ·
I have been noticing the wind coming in behind me with the cooler weather and thought maybe the windscreen might be useful after all. Still not ready to do it though. I also have noticed when I switch the dash to MPH digital readout via the switch at the end of the turnstalk, the odo and trip odo disappear however the outside temperature is there.

#95 ·
I downloaded the BMW connected app again (after I deleted it several weeks ago) after calling The "genius" and he convinced me to plug in my iphone via the cars USB port. I did not have any updates for BMW on my phone but after I looked at the phone I now have fuel level and total range underneath the photo of my car. I thought I might have to plug in every time but today when I gassed up the figures updated without further plugging in. Also current mileage shows down at the bottom. I guess it does have some (limited) usefulness after all.

#96 ·
I'm an Android user and have the Connected app installed on my phone, and I guess it's okay. There are a couple of neat features - vehicle location, and lock/unlock. The lock/unlock is more or less a gimmick, but it's neat to show people the feature.

#98 ·
I also don't have the the lock unlock feature but I do have something called destination at the bottom of the screen which shows whee the car is as Andown states. Also under activity states that I can add a trip and find an ETA but I don't have nav so I haven't tried this feature out but it looks like it uses stuff enabled under the more/settings category tab.

#101 ·
It's a padding so the female buckle doesn't cause an annoying knock on the side of the center armrest console. My 2003 E46 would do that and I had to bend the buckle away from the center console. The first time it happened in the E46, I was wondering what was in the console making that knocking sound. I'm tempted to line the insides of the door pockets with a felt-like material to muffle rattling sounds from stuff that's in those pockets (tire pressure gauge, flashlight, etc).

#106 ·
Ha. It's my daily driver so I have been driving it all along. We had three days in the upper 50s to mid 60s and the top was down each day. It was cooler today at home but supposed to be back in the 60s the next two days but I am in in Fort Lauderdale on vacation.

#112 ·
Just ordered the non rotating center wheel caps. I like the fact that the logo is always on top when parked. A feature I thought was frivolous when ordering but I guess my OCD is flaring up again. I used to modify many of my older cars but the newer cars I can't work on so I only have changed the antenna to a stubby one and now the center caps (as soon as the weather breaks and allows me to do so).Man I am getting so adventurous in my "old age crazy"!

#117 ·
No adaptive cruise control.

Frontal Collision warning. If i get to close to fast the big RED light come. Does it do anything else? Like apply the brakes? I dont think so.
I don't know. My insurance did give me a discount because of "active braking." They got that solely from the VIN. Honestly, I don't think it does. It does say it uses active braking if it detects daytime pedestrian in the path.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.