BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2020 M240I Inventory Low

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  roglaws 
#1 ·
Any one know why the dealer in stock inventory is so low in the US this time of year for the M240i?

#2 ·
Because they don't sell that well. My dealer doesn't really stock the 2 series in general anymore.

#13 ·
I really liked the look of the m4 but ended up leasing a 2020 m240i convertible. Decided I didn't want to deal with the aggravation of repairs, and the 240 is hard to beat stoplight to stoplight.

Anyhow, hear the next m4 conv will be a ragtop, ---- when this lease ends might be time to make the change :dunno:

#9 ·
:p

It's not me. It's the spreadsheets and good data. I always do what the spreadsheets and the voices tell me to do.

You can get some ridiculously good lease deals on lot bunnies left over from the previous model year. BMW's willing to take a bath on these lot bunnies now and make some of it back up when they sell it as a used car in three years.

Leasing can make sense if you can slip a BMW in as a tax deductible business expense, and/or if you drive a lot of miles per year. I might be in the latter situation soon.

Just for fun, I ran the lease numbers for a 230i and a 330i, similarly equipped. The 330i has a higher MSRP, but a lower monthly lease payment. That's an indicator that they don't sell as well and don't hold their value as well as a 330i.

The F22/23's near the end of production. It's your last chance to get a non-M BMW with a manual transmission.

#10 ·
As you can probably tell from my current lease ending date, I am one of those people who take the lot queens at the end of the year.

But bonus depreciation might make me a buyer this year-end. Being able to write off a full year of lease payments and then buy the car and get up to 18k depreciation deduction is probably too good to pass up. :)

#11 ·
Spreadsheets? Something different? More choices of colors? Lot bunnies? Those reasons are sort of like the list I made for myself: I wanted comfort, sport, utility, technology, value, and a car that made a statement that I could live with. Then I ignored all that and bought the car that put the biggest smile on my face when I drove it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.