BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BimmerTech Back up camera

695 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  pmcmtnbkr 
#1 · (Edited)
I spent a lot of time researching back up cameras prior to purchasing my 2015 M235i to make sure it was something that could be done. I have done stereo installs, and 2 way radio installations in fire trucks, police cars and ambulances for a number of years so taking on the install was not a problem. I have to say Bimmertech has been a joy to deal with I ordered everything on a Sat and had it from halfway around the world in under 4 days. The install was a snap from start to finish it took just over 1.5 hrs. even with a manual trans and having to tap into the back up light to trigger the camera. I am still playing around with the system and have noticed one thing the camera will always turn on when putting it into reverse after just starting the car. If i drive it anywhere and put it in reverse its a 50/50 shot that the camera will turn on within a few seconds. if it dose everything looks good. If it doesn't turn on right away when it does the video is very bad/ grainy. I am not sure if there is a setting that needs adjusted or if there is a problem with the MMI control module. Has anyone had a similar issue. I do have a call into BimmerTech but being the weekend they are closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.