BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i - Details and Pricing

33K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  happyjack 
#1 · (Edited)
2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i

2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i

BMW announced the new 2017 BMW 2 Series now featuring the latest generation of BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder inline engines. The advances in dynamics and efficiency in these new vehicles are communicated by the new model designation. The new BMW 230i Coupe and BMW 230i Convertible are powered by the latest generation 4-cylinder 2.0 liter engine featuring an even smoother power deliver and efficiency with increased horsepower and torque, 248 hp and 258 lb-ft. The M Performance Model with the new BMW M240i Coupe and BMW M240i Convertible feature a new inline 6-cylinder gasoline engine that develops 335 hp, a 15 hp increase in maximum output over its predecessor.

Read more about the 2017 BMW 2 Series 230i & M240i

2017 BMW 2 Series Standard Equipment now includes:
  • iDrive 5.0 standard with Navigation only
  • New 17-inch wheel offered standard on 230i models
  • New standard wheel with the 18- inch Orbit Grey with Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-run flat tires on 240i models

Lines and Package changes:
  • Technology package is now being offered as Navigation with the same content

Optional Equipment now includes:
  • PDC has been enhanced to include Auto / Surround PDC
  • Wireless Charging and Wi-Fi Hotspot with Enhanced USB and Bluetooth

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe Pricing

2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible Pricing

See less See more
#5 ·
BMW has ignore Android for years, not surprised that hasn't' changed. An OTA update doesn't seem likely, can't think of a time they've expanded support for something that way in the past. Plus it probably doesn't have the hardware needed.

Tim

#6 ·
Silly question about building an order here - both the moonlight black and brown soft tops (3YA and 3YF) show a $100 charge on the convertible. What happens if you don't specify one. If you're required to pick one or the other, why does it show a cost?

#10 ·
M240i order placed. Tim, please STICKY this post! :thumbup:

#13 ·
I've got a delivery date of Aug 23! Now just trying to finalize what I want.

#17 ·
I'm pretty happy with the quote a sponsor gave me on my European Delivery M240i, but ED may make a difference. It was based on an amount over ED invoice, not an amount under ED MSRP.

#25 ·
This is definitely true for M240, but you may need sport or track package plus mixed summer tires on the 228. The ordering guide should tell.

#19 ·
Yes. With summer tires I believe speed is limited to 155. All seasons will certainly decrease that, not 100 pct sure it's to 130 but that sounds right.

#21 ·
I got a reasonable but probably not amazing deal. I was going to Munich anyway which made ED worth it for me.

#30 ·
Only spent 24 hours with my car so far but it really made it seem like a luxurious car. I'm glad I did it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.