BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X6 multiple misfires

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lambo66 
#1 ·
2014 X6 5.0 80k miles

I got a code for bank 2 02 sensor so I changed it out. Everything worked perfect for about 5 days and then when I started the car yesterday morning it went into limp mode and I have these codes.

Cyl 8 misfire
4 misfire
p15df
5 misfire
3 misfire
6 misfire
1 misfire
fuel pressure low
02 sensor #2

Also, I changed all of the plus yesterday since they had 80k on them but it didn't clear any of this.

Would a vacuum leak cause all of these problems? It seems very out of the blue that all of this started after I changed the 02 sensor. I'm not sure why the 02 sensor popped back up but was thinking maybe I didn't get something back on correctly. Any ideas? I don't mind taking this end to an Indy but I've always worked on my cars myself. This is just the first time for this car.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, usually the first item in a misfire scenario here is with the injectors. They over time detoriate from engine heat more than they should. The second item woukd be as you think, the HPFP. There was actually a recall on the oem pump couple years ago. It did not affect all pumps, but if you have not had it replaced yet, you can take it to Bmw and they will change out w an new updated model at no cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.