JB4 for 13' X1 3.5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 AM

Mein Auto: X1 35i
JB4 for 13' X1 3.5

Hey guys,

I just bought a 13' X1 Alpine White X-line 2 weeks ago. Just got my JB Intake for the car, gave me a few more MPG which was nice. I am looking at the JB4 for my car but it seems to be a lot of different ways to install this. My car's a lease and I don't want to splice wires going to the ecu. Does anyone have proper information on how to install this for our cars as well as what we need in order to have a proper install? or perhaps we can get a sticky thread on this topic for our cars ?

I have a email out to the guys at JB and whatever I get form them I can post here.

- Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 AM

Did some scouring on the e90post forums, and saw the Mike posted a link:

http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...d&productId=67

This website has free shipping and it provided me a better feeling making sure I get the right one!

I'm going to try and do a dyno with the JB intake and see the numbers and then add the JB$ STG II and see what numbers I get there.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Installed the JB4 tonight... took me about a hr to get the sucker in there.. It's overall very easy plug n play but to really make it sit in there clean n' tight you have to modify the housings on the ecu to get the wires in there properly. I'm probably going to have a shop re do it as I don't have the patience for it. Now on to the butt dyno results!!!!.....

1. I set the map to the first setting which provides 12 psi of boost. I took it around the block and opened it up and man did it feel like a different car! The traction control light popped up so this thing can chirp em pretty well now. With my JB intake I noticed it seemed to be a bit shakey in the power band mostly at the top end of it.

Next steps: I'm going to set it to map 5 for autotune and see if I get better results. I'm going to try and hit up a dyno to see what numbers its packing now.

Another note on the install, I was able to use all 4 plugs. I have heard people on other forums not use the boost solenoid which is tricky to find but if you lift the engine cover right next to the map sensor you will see it sitting there. Another thing to watch out for is the cabin air filter or panel, this thing was easy to get off but took some time to figure out how to get it back on. The screws that hold it are screwed into plastic so you need to make sure that when you put them back in, they fit the grooves, if not the screw will start to tap a bigger hole. If anyone has any other questions feel free to PM me I'm still playing with it and only have about 10 mins of driving time with the new JB4....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 1X1
Mein Auto: X1 2013 X-line
Hello Edge! Whats your experience with the JB4? I have it on my X1 35i and happy with the HP gain. I'm concerned about the fuel mpg though (dropped to 16's.) whats your mpg? I have BMS catless down pipes and Agency Power axle back exhaust and made 13.4 on the 1/4 mile last week on JB4 map 5, 93octane gas.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 AM

1X1,

I averaged around the same when I had my JB4 installed. I had just the intake and the rest was stock. Now that I don't have the JB4 installed, I still average the same... This is mostly city driving. So I really think it doesn't make a difference, however I will say the catless down-pipe and exhaust could be a negative factor. JB4 should automatically tune it, but like anyone says it's best to get a custom one. I will be getting a JB4 again if they can make the installation look cleaner, meaning I don't have to deal with a whole mess of wires and bulky ecu unit.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search