Looking to buy an X1 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1 sDrive28i
Looking to buy an X1

I found a low mileage X1, and I'm pretty stoked about it. It's been hard to find something small, but not an "economy car," that is sporty. I think this is hitting the sweet spot. I gave it a test-drive, and wasn't able to exercise the full 240HP (low MPH streets and traffic), but the handling was great. I've been looking at many cars, but having trouble finding used 2-series (with low miles, not a convertible, decent price, etc.), so I haven't looked at any BMWs closely until this one. Might not have looked into the X1 at all, except for seeing it mentioned on some forum -- I thought it was an SUV, but it's really more of a "hatchback".

Weird things I noticed: Missing lots of features as far as audio/screen, weird cupholder thingie, and the seat was difficult to adjust (had to exit the car to reset it and start over?!). But, as a driver's car, something whose primary purpose is to give you a nice drive, it hits the mark. BMW is always listed as a luxury brand, but it was fairly Spartan; I'm OK with that, although, I wish it had Apple Carplay -- that is pretty slick. The stereo was not Harmon Kardon, but might be somewhat upgraded -- it says "BMW Professional" on the radio, and sounds pretty good (so I assumed it must have had a factory amp), although there are no tweeters in the a-pillars? I've been trying to research BMW radios, and it seems confusing.

I'm a bit nervous buying used, but it's a big savings over buying new. Not to mention that I think I'd prefer this model over the newer X1. I hope it works out.....

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search