BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Interior squeak found!

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  mullini 
#1 · (Edited)
Not without a little trial and error. I inserted a piece of paper between the two pieces causing the annoying squeak and I now enjoy silence. For those with a squeak, chirp, elusive rattle, try this!
I'll trim it up so it doesn't look so bad and have the dealer remedy it correctly at first service. Hope this helps someone.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah...expired Memorial Day coupon
Glad I held on to it.

#8 ·
Rattles and ticks inside a car will challenge my sanity. I will crawl all over the inside with somebody else driving to try to locate and silence road rage inducing interior noises. I was hoping that buying a BMW would eliminate or significantly reduce the occurance of them.

#10 · (Edited)
My rattle does not always happen and it seems to be coming from the console. It probably has to do with temperature. It hasn't rattled since spring started.

The X1 is otherwise solid and much better than my A3. The A3 squeaked and rattled all over. Also when the windows were open the passenger seatbelt would sway all around and bang against the door wall causing dings. Not so in the X1.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#14 ·
It's only reading this thread that makes me realize I haven't heard the "squeak" - I would call it more a "crackle" - for several days, maybe even a couple weeks. Can't exactly remember the last time I heard it. Sometimes it seemed to come from the wood section around the stereo/climate controls. Other times it seemed to be the dashboard section around the IDrive screen. I'd press various places and it would go away, but only temporarily.

That slight crackling noise bothered me intermittently for the first few months I had the X1. It seemed to disappear after a short trip to Palm Springs where my car was outside in the heat. Then it slowly started to reappear. I even tried the suggestion above of sliding a business card or some slip of paper in a couple places. Maybe that did the trick. Seems to have disappeared again on its own.

But now that I have typed this message I bet I get into my X1 for the drive home and CRINKLE CRINKLE there it is again...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.