05 645Ci 6spd Track Car - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:08 PM

Mein Auto:
05 645Ci 6spd Track Car

I wanted to introduce myself to the forum, and maybe use this as a place to keep a build log of sorts. I am the proud owner of an 05 6spd 645Ci. I have a few mods done to the car that I will touch on. I have done 3 track days so far, and I plan on doing more.

Mod List:
PowerStop Track Day Pads (front and rear), available on RockAuto
Generic Blank Rotors (AutoZone, Centric)
ATE Type 200 Brake Fluid
Custom Catback exhaust (all resonators deleted, 2 Vibrant mufflers to replace stock mufflers)
Apex Racing ARC-8 Wheels (19x8.5 ET20 Front, 19x9.5 ET22 Rear)
Yokohama Advan V105 Tires (255/40/R19 Front, 285/35/R19 Rear)
Fortune Auto MSC-1 Way Coilovers (9k springs front, 7k springs rear)
German Auto Solutions Monoball Thrust Arm Bushing
A little bit of coding here and there (AUX retrofit, etc.)

I would be more than happy to give a quick review on the mods I have on my car if people would be interested. I could definitely touch on how the car performs on track as well.

(red hot brakes in the attached photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0525.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	862859  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
Welcome!
6 speeds are great. Love the red hot rotors in the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Old 09-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: E63 645ci
Great pic and nice mod list too .

Neal.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Living the dream.

Mein Auto: 2004 645 convertible
The red hot rotors make the car.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto:
Thank you! Finally someone else who tracks their non-M 6'er. I do track nights and some club events when my vette isn't running. What are you doing about the diff? I can't imagine loading uphill with an open diff. That was my first mod - a Wavetrac LSD with 2.88 gears. With DSC disabled it gets a little sideways before DTC kicks in, with DTC disabled it's drift time! Nice work, keep it up!

Here's a video of the 6 at NHMS road course in south oval config. Turn 4 uphill is impossible without LSD.

Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant '18
"I'm givin' her all she's got captain!"

C5 6M Racecar
E63 650i 6M Coupe
MB W212 Wagon
Triumph Sprint ST
Old 10-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by e63fn View Post
Thank you! Finally someone else who tracks their non-M 6'er. I do track nights and some club events when my vette isn't running. What are you doing about the diff? I can't imagine loading uphill with an open diff. That was my first mod - a Wavetrac LSD with 2.88 gears. With DSC disabled it gets a little sideways before DTC kicks in, with DTC disabled it's drift time! Nice work, keep it up!

Here's a video of the 6 at NHMS road course in south oval config. Turn 4 uphill is impossible without LSD.

For the track days I have done I was running the stock open diff. I did notice some wheel spin coming out of the tighter/lower speed turns. The only track I have run (Autobahn Country Club) does not have a ton of elevation change, so it was not a huge problem. Currently I am working on swapping in a M6 diff. I have been successful so far and will be sure to post a write-up on the forum once I am done with the swap.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:34 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter645 View Post
For the track days I have done I was running the stock open diff. I did notice some wheel spin coming out of the tighter/lower speed turns. The only track I have run (Autobahn Country Club) does not have a ton of elevation change, so it was not a huge problem. Currently I am working on swapping in a M6 diff. I have been successful so far and will be sure to post a write-up on the forum once I am done with the swap.
I found the M6 diff swap to be too labor intensive for my taste when I attempted it. I recall either the main or axle drive shafts didn't match up and would have to be replaced. Was easier, although more costly, to use a stock diff housing with the swapped internals.

Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant '18
"I'm givin' her all she's got captain!"

C5 6M Racecar
E63 650i 6M Coupe
MB W212 Wagon
Triumph Sprint ST

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search