CPO at out of state dealer, what to do or not to do - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 09-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F80, F86
CPO at out of state dealer, what to do or not to do

Anyone purchase a CPOed from out of state BMW dealer?
I have trade in, so I wonder if involving local dealer as middle man is a good thing
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 M4 ZCP
Go to a local CarMax or ask your local dealer to buy your car.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp + E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Anyone purchase a CPOed from out of state BMW dealer?
I have trade in, so I wonder if involving local dealer as middle man is a good thing
TIA
I guess it depends on what exactly are you trading? If a late-model car a relative value to a BMW dealer, sometimes trading can be a smart move.

I am sure they can perform a "remote appraisal" if you send them the raw data together with digital photos.

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2019, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: F80, F86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I guess it depends on what exactly are you trading? If a late-model car a relative value to a BMW dealer, sometimes trading can be a smart move.

I am sure they can perform a "remote appraisal" if you send them the raw data together with digital photos.

Jon, welcome back.
It's been a while for me since I posted here, and I think Mike Brown from Seattle BMW has also left that dealership, sad.

Anyway, so are you suggesting deal directly with that remote dealership not using the local dealer to mediate?, I need to pay for trucking the car anyway.
Initially I've been looking at local dealers but for the model I want they are hard to come by, widen my search to CPO BMW site shows more choices indeed.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp + E30 325
Quote:
Jon, welcome back.
It's been a while for me since I posted here, and I think Mike Brown from Seattle BMW has also left that dealership, sad.

Anyway, so are you suggesting deal directly with that remote dealership not using the local dealer to mediate?, I need to pay for trucking the car anyway.
Initially I've been looking at local dealers but for the model I want they are hard to come by, widen my search to CPO BMW site shows more choices indeed.

Thanks

You certainly could. In the past inter-state business had many more logistical hurdles than we have today..
Old 10-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Jon, welcome back.

Thanks
Why would a local dealer WANT to "mediate"?????????

BMW isnt a single celled organism, where any BMW store can be used to do "BMW business". They are all independent companies- each is there to make money for them self.

If you tack $1000-2000 onto the cost of the deal, the local guys might 'mediate'.

But seriously, find the car, talk with the people that own it. Its pretty straight forward-HOWEVER, you arent buying a car sight unseen, are you?? A CPO is a used car. If there is anything 'wrong' with the car, (and by wrong, I mean stuff that they missed on the CPO) you cannot just pop into the local dealer and say "Oh, this paint work wasnt done right, could you redo this".... or "Hey, this was just CPOd but the pads are under 50%, they should have been replaced during the CPO- could you get on that?" Or tires. or it shifts funny..or or or

You should see it, and maybe if you dont know what you are lookign at, have a PPI done. A 'CPO' is not a guarantee of a perfect used car.

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search