Dallas, TXJury Gets GUILTY Verdict Correct! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. **Note** - Political posting is not allowed (or welcome) at Bimmerfest.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:23 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Dallas, TXJury Gets GUILTY Verdict Correct!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Ever since a year ago when this story broke about this white female DPD Officer who entered the wrong apartment (thinking it was hers) and shot and killed an innocent black man in his own home, many including myself feared justice would not be served.
Today however, it indeed was!!!
So positive to see my hometown get this highly publicized criminal case correct.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Uniquely desultory

Mein Auto: '87 325i, '86 MB 300SDL
I sorta feel sorry for the lady but the I agree this was the correct verdict. What a weird case.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
Sentencing will be interesting.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Uniquely desultory

Mein Auto: '87 325i, '86 MB 300SDL
Some people aren't cut out to be police officers. The tension of knowing you might need to use deadly force on occasion probably sits better on some than on others. This lady freaked out a bit too easily.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
I sorta feel sorry for the lady but the I agree this was the correct verdict. What a weird case.
Police are trained to respond with an appropriate response. The guy was holding a spoon and ice-cream bowl. All she had to say was get your hands up and see how it played out rather than just shooting the dude. All cops get this training; they aren't in a war zone with AK47's and IED's going off that can excuse their military actions in non-war situations. Hell, I don't think they'd be allowed to shoot an unarmed person in WAR!

2013 TL Advance 3.5L

2006 BMW 760Li - Alpine White/Ebony-Ivory Two Tone

2007 MDX Sport/Ent.- NGM/Taupe
lRB Slotted RotorslRoof RailslFront & Rear GarnishlAuto Mirrorl

2004 TL NAVI Auto - SSM/Quartz
lComptech SwaybarlHacked NavlTVNAV2GolUSA-SPEClDVD PlayerlSwitchblade KeylRB Slotted RotorslA-Spec Brakesl
Old 10-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 BMW 535is 2008 E64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Ever since a year ago when this story broke about this white female DPD Officer who entered the wrong apartment (thinking it was hers) and shot and killed an innocent black man in his own home, many including myself feared justice would not be served.
Today however, it indeed was!!!
So positive to see my hometown get this highly publicized criminal case correct.
Roger that. Ten years is light for the circumstances. A lot of bad cop shootings still running around:

A man traveled from Norway to Florida to surprise his father-in-law for his birthday. But when he leaped out of the bushes, he was mistakenly killed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/us/fl...rnd/index.html
Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
Weird stuff like that happens in big apartment complexes.

A few years ago, some pro athlete was at his girlfriend's apartment, they got into a fight and he left for a walk. Coming back he went to the wrong apartment, the door was locked, he got pissed because he thought his girlfriend had locked him out, and he kicked the door in. The apartment's occupant shot him dead.

A friend of mine rented an apartment where his front door was the only one on a ~12 foot long, dead end catwalk. He left some wet sneakers outside the door, and somebody threw them and the doormat over the catwalk and into the parking lot. He figured the person doing that must have been the ex' of the woman who'd lived there before, thinking she was getting "some" from some guy with big, smelly feet.

I lived in an apartment for a while that was previously rented by the neighborhood's drug dealer. I always locked my front door, and always went to the door with a pistol in my hand. One night, the police were pounding on my door at 2 a.m. They were looking for the drug dealer's kid, who'd escaped from juvi' a few hours earlier. I wouldn't open the door until I saw a badge through the peephole. The cop was standing to the side and refused to stand out where I could see her... until I told her that I could shoot her through the wall just as easy as I could shoot her through the door, and if she kicked in the door we were going to kill each other.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 440i Coupe
Key witness in this trial was shot and killed over the weekend, in what looks like an execution-type murder, but could also be a carjacking gone bad.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/bo...led/index.html

Sounds like a rough neighborhood.
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Old 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Key witness in this trial was shot and killed over the weekend, in what looks like an execution-type murder, but could also be a carjacking gone bad.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/bo...led/index.html

Sounds like a rough neighborhood.
This was also a big story in DFW. Apparently it is unrelated (we shall see) and was a drug deal gone wrong. The suspects are from Louisiana and have been arrested.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zod View Post

A man traveled from Norway to Florida to surprise his father-in-law for his birthday. But when he leaped out of the bushes, he was mistakenly killed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/us/fl...rnd/index.html
That was crazy/sad.... people on a solid diet of 'be scared, immigrants/bad guys coming to get you in your home', combined with carrying guns to your front door is not a great mixture. Yes, stupid to jump out of the bushes.

IMO the father in law MAY be guilty of manslaughter.

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM

Last edited by ard; 10-09-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:57 PM

I had my trouble when I lived in one of the nicest apartment complexes in my area. The problem was that lesser apartment complexes nearby went "Section 8," accepting welfare recipients as residents with the rent paid (in full, on time every month) by the government. That brought in the drug dealers and drug addicts, and they congregated at the 7-Eleven across the street. My neighbor was robbed at 5 p.m., between the parking lot and her apartment. I wouldn't walk between my apartment without my hand on my gun in my pocket. I moved just as soon as my one-year lease expired.

In Florida, the law is "reasonable apprehension of death or great bodily harm to one's self or others," with "reasonable" and "great" defined by a judge or jury.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:10 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
Weird stuff like that happens in big apartment complexes.

A few years ago, some pro athlete was at his girlfriend's apartment, they got into a fight and he left for a walk. Coming back he went to the wrong apartment, the door was locked, he got pissed because he thought his girlfriend had locked him out, and he kicked the door in. The apartment's occupant shot him dead.

A friend of mine rented an apartment where his front door was the only one on a ~12 foot long, dead end catwalk. He left some wet sneakers outside the door, and somebody threw them and the doormat over the catwalk and into the parking lot. He figured the person doing that must have been the ex' of the woman who'd lived there before, thinking she was getting "some" from some guy with big, smelly feet.

I lived in an apartment for a while that was previously rented by the neighborhood's drug dealer. I always locked my front door, and always went to the door with a pistol in my hand. One night, the police were pounding on my door at 2 a.m. They were looking for the drug dealer's kid, who'd escaped from juvi' a few hours earlier. I wouldn't open the door until I saw a badge through the peephole. The cop was standing to the side and refused to stand out where I could see her... until I told her that I could shoot her through the wall just as easy as I could shoot her through the door, and if she kicked in the door we were going to kill each other.
I too experienced apartment living for several years prior to buying my first home back in 2001. Fortunately, the worst I experienced was heavy walking above me. Considering the potential for volatility due to many folks and demographics living in close proximity, anything could happen and often times does.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I too experienced apartment living for several years prior to buying my first home back in 2001. Fortunately, the worst I experienced was heavy walking above me. Considering the potential for volatility due to many folks and demographics living in close proximity, anything could happen and often times does.
The problem wasn't demographics were I lived, it was drug dealers and drug addicts. Having my cars messed with was also an issue.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
It wasn't demographics where I lived that was the problem. Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, Arabs were all living peacefully together. The problem was my drug dealing neighbor and the and drug addicts.

Having my cars messed with was another problem. "Good garages make good neighbors." I'm militant that all my cars are in a garage. I'm currently spending $1700/year to garage a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that's worth maybe $3000. That's money well spent.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search