E-Series Lost power to Steptronic shifter and iDRIVE control buttons - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 bmw 645ci
Lost power to Steptronic shifter and iDRIVE control buttons

I was playing around with NCS expert and winkftp and inpa trying to get rid of a airbag light and updating all my ecu's with a newer sp-daten. Long story short, i managed to get rid of the lights and update the majority of my ecus, there were a couple that did fail at the end with errors. When i went to take my car for a test drive the steptronic shifter was just dead. No lights on it, shifting did nothing, just dead. The idrive screen is all lit up fine but the control knob and buttons are also dead. Not sure what I did because I did a lot of stuff in that 6 hour window so i cant really trace back where it went wrong. Any suggestions on what I have to do next or what ecu i should be focusing on that controls those controls. Thanks

2010 BMW 535XI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 530D MSport
Do you have a copy of ISTA+ or ISTA D. You should be able to diagnose the problem with that. Why didnít you use ISTA+ ISTA/P or e-sys to do the programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retrofits: KAFAS2, TV Module, Paddle Shifters, Leather Sport Shifter, Rear Cam, Top View Cams, Folding Mirrors, Side View, Extra 12v sockets! (601, 6WB, 2TB, 5DL, 430, 5DP, 5AS, in progress 316, 5AG and ACC)

Retrofits to complete: ACC, Auto trunk
Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvg View Post
Do you have a copy of ISTA+ or ISTA D. You should be able to diagnose the problem with that. Why didnít you use ISTA+ ISTA/P or e-sys to do the programming?

I don't, but I will download it now. Should I get both or is one better than the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 530D MSport
I would download ISTA+

Retrofits: KAFAS2, TV Module, Paddle Shifters, Leather Sport Shifter, Rear Cam, Top View Cams, Folding Mirrors, Side View, Extra 12v sockets! (601, 6WB, 2TB, 5DL, 430, 5DP, 5AS, in progress 316, 5AG and ACC)

Retrofits to complete: ACC, Auto trunk
Old 10-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Im having some trouble getting ista p to detect my cars connection. Is there anything i can do on winkfpt or ncs expert?
Old 10-14-2019, 04:14 PM

just throwing an idea out there, im thinking of re flashing all the ecus with a older e60 sp daten file. any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-14-2019, 06:48 PM

so upon reading and trial, i just tried flashing my ZBE ecu right now(which from my understanding is the idrive controller (which currently doesnt respond), it gets to 100% and i get errors 2086, signiture check fail 10flash, ng_signutre_pruefen : error_flash_signiture_check

upon some research of those errors, i can use a k dcan cable to flash these, i need to use a icom wire. can someone confirm this? Thanks

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
code, dead, flash, no power, steptronic

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search