MSDs May Still Pencil Out - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MINI Clubman S All4
MSDs May Still Pencil Out

Just finalized a new lease. Used 7 Multiple Security Deposits.

While the gross numbers aren't that big, the rate of return is very good, IMHO. Over 10.5% annually, for three years on my deal. Tax Free. Essentially zero risk.

What I noticed is that the base lease money factor has crept lower, and, when reduced by .00035 with 7 MSDs, it' pretty cheap rent.

Okay, it only "saves" a few hundred bucks a year, but, a little more savings makes for, well, a little more savings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968BMW2800 View Post
Just finalized a new lease. Used 7 Multiple Security Deposits.

While the gross numbers aren't that big, the rate of return is very good, IMHO. Over 10.5% annually, for three years on my deal. Tax Free. Essentially zero risk.

What I noticed is that the base lease money factor has crept lower, and, when reduced by .00035 with 7 MSDs, it' pretty cheap rent.

Okay, it only "saves" a few hundred bucks a year, but, a little more savings makes for, well, a little more savings.

I want to see pics of this "only available outside the US without special circumstances" mini that you got :-) . Congrats on picking it up!

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-13-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
I want to see pics of this "only available outside the US without special circumstances" mini that you got :-) . Congrats on picking it up!
Thanks. Finalized the deal over the phone on Friday (Remember the telephone? Some of us still use it to make car deals ) We take delivery tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rupert 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	867979   Click image for larger version

Name:	rupert 3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	867981  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 12:47 PM

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-13-2019, 01:07 PM

Thanks, jj. I was dead cert this time around it would be a BMW. When it came right down to it, we just weren't ready to not have a MINI in the family. Old as we are, our Clubman has been the go-to ride for the past three years, including road trips as well as grocery runs. Something about these well-sorted little stealth Bimmers. And, with the right deal plus incentives, the price point makes it compelling. X3 would have been the largest we would have considered, but we never got that far. Drove an X2, decided then and there to order another MINI. I have never claimed that my car decisions are rational. I mean, we've got 1980's-era Jags, so what do I know??
Old 10-13-2019, 04:11 PM

I really like the look of the clubman. As you know, I was seriously considering buying a clubman instead of leasing another BMW. My wife thought it looked "like a fancy, low, station wagon"... and she cant stand station wagons lol. I was progressing toward it when I took my model 3 performance test drive, then pivoted after that test drive.

Anyway, my wife has the X3, we had an X5 before as it was her dream car, but she realized it was "too big" after having one as a lease for 3 years. She loves her X3 M40, and I love driving my car, so it all works out

her car is 10 months old, and has like 3.5k miles on it. Its likely going to have 15k -20k at most miles at lease end. Really considering keeping it at the end, even with the premium that would be required to do so. Anyway, I thought MSDs still pencilled out as I put 7 down on my wifes X3 in january.

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Thanks. Finalized the deal over the phone on Friday (Remember the telephone? Some of us still use it to make car deals ) We take delivery tomorrow.
Clubman looks pretty cool. How is handling? Is it Cooper S 6MT? Is that B46 engine with 250HP?
Old 10-13-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
I really like the look of the clubman. As you know, I was seriously considering buying a clubman instead of leasing another BMW. My wife thought it looked "like a fancy, low, station wagon"... and she cant stand station wagons lol. I was progressing toward it when I took my model 3 performance test drive, then pivoted after that test drive.

Anyway, my wife has the X3, we had an X5 before as it was her dream car, but she realized it was "too big" after having one as a lease for 3 years. She loves her X3 M40, and I love driving my car, so it all works out

her car is 10 months old, and has like 3.5k miles on it. Its likely going to have 15k -20k at most miles at lease end. Really considering keeping it at the end, even with the premium that would be required to do so. Anyway, I thought MSDs still pencilled out as I put 7 down on my wifes X3 in january.
Your X3 is a great ride in the M format. Beautiful car indeed.

On the lease that's just ending we did the standard 10K/year and, with 20,000 miles over 3 years, we will get a whopping $300 credit from BMWFS for under mileage. woo hoo!

We went with a 7,500/year lease this time around -- slightly better residual, but, to be honest, it almost doesn't make sense to lease with this low use, given the $925 fee and the DMV.... however, addiction wins and I'll be sniffing that new car smell, whatever the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
Clubman looks pretty cool. How is handling? Is it Cooper S 6MT? Is that B46 engine with 250HP?
Thanks. As you see, we made an effort to configure an interesting color combo that we hope will be attractive -- we will see it in the flesh for the first time tomorrow. The dealer says it's stunning, but then, isn't that what the dealer is supposed to say?

The Clubman handles like a friggin' go kart, yet has just enough refinement to clear the ride quality bar, though run flats don't help. The MINI S is a 190HP version of the B48, and in the Clubman S it comes with an 8-speed Asian auto with paddles and sport mode just like BMW format. Good tranny. Adjustable dynamic damping and all wheel drive are also included and, with the addition of a simple plug-in Dinan Sport tuner box that gives 3psi additional boost, the car has more than enough grunt for us, getting to 60MPH in just over 6 seconds.

And its easy and quick to wash and fun to look at... girls at gas stations say it's "cute," but I know they're really just flirting with me.

The good news is, 7 MSD's required me to put all of $2,800 on deposit, reducing the payments by almost $25/month so ROI on the $2,800 makes me a financial wizard in a world where T-bills are dancing below 2%.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
The Clubman handles like a friggin' go kart, yet has just enough refinement to clear the ride quality bar, though run flats don't help. The MINI S is a 190HP version of the B48, and in the Clubman S it comes with an 8-speed Asian auto with paddles and sport mode just like BMW format. Good tranny. Adjustable dynamic damping and all wheel drive are also included and, with the addition of a simple plug-in Dinan Sport tuner box that gives 3psi additional boost, the car has more than enough grunt for us, getting to 60MPH in just over 6 seconds.
That is not bad esp. with go kart handling! So which 8-speed auto does it use if not the ZF 8AT?

Beware of any tune, from what foremen said BMW/Mini now has detailed logs and counters to detect piggyback!
Old 10-14-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
That is not bad esp. with go kart handling! So which 8-speed auto does it use if not the ZF 8AT?

Beware of any tune, from what foremen said BMW/Mini now has detailed logs and counters to detect piggyback!
Aisin 8 speed:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/09/...sion-revealed/

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search