All BMWs Unofficial Android app to add more music apps and phone messages via BMW Connected - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:54 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey28 View Post
i use the cable to connect each other. it doesnt show album cover and track list with bluetooth connection unfortunatelly. it was working with apple perfectly but doesnt work with android. my car is m4 by the way.
Any update?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper JCW
otteporihs:
From what I have read online, iDrive 7 doesn't support this protocol at all! This is very disappointing to me, I hope my next car is still running 6!

Abbey28:
This app can't change anything about the Bluetooth information shown from the phone in the car. Instead, it adds a new music app to the car to control some other music apps on the phone. Hope this helps explain it!
You could try unpairing your phone, and then changing the phone's Developer Options > Bluetooth Settings to enable AVRCP 1.6, rebooting the phone, and then pairing again. My car doesn't support the new version, but yours is newer and this might add some extra features
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 PM

I just released version 1.1! The main improvement is to compile against Android Pie, which removes the Play Protect warning about the old app version. It does interfere with the ability for the app to notice the car connection while the app is closed, but I've built a workaround that relies on the new Connected app. Check it out and let me know how it works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: F31
Hello, your project is great!
I keep my fingers crossed for more functionality!

In my case i see additional menus, I can push next/previous/play, but i don't hear any sound

Notifications also doesn't working.

About suggestion about POIs - of course speed cameras

Do you think is it possible to read traffic information from google maps and put it to BMW navigation?
Old 10-21-2019, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 F10 520d LCI M Sport
Hello,

First of all, thanks for putting this together. I was on the verge of buying an iPhone!

I've been driving around all day today using your app and it seems to be working very well. I am not sure if this is coincidence or not, but the old classic app and the new connected app are actually working together for the first time now (e.g. I can send destinations direct from the Connected app to the GPS, without using the message).

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the limitation on using the 'Audioplayer' app when the car is in motion? It would be great to be able to change the Spotify playlist etc. without putting the car in park and applying the handbrake. Right now when in motion it will lock me out of the app and revert to the Bluetooth music player.

Cheers.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:22 PM

preiswert: By default, the app only controls the other music apps but relies on the phone's existing audio connection to the car, so you may need to switch the phone and car to play music over Bluetooth.
Thanks for the speed camera suggestion! When I figure out the map system, I'll work on setting that up
I don't think I can add new map layers, only Points of Interest, so I don't think I can add new traffic information.

generalk:
I sincerely apologize, I hear your plight, but the BMW Apps Speedlock is out of my control You should look into whether it can be coded away somehow with Bimmertech or something more advanced. I think it's ridiculous, it forces you to be more distracted by using your phone instead of the car's interface.
I'm happy to hear about running both Connected and Connected Classic of the same brand! When I tried it on an IDrive 5 car over Bluetooth, it managed to reliably crash/reboot the headunit, but perhaps that was fixed at some point, or the USB connection is better.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
android, connecteddrive

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search