High pitched sound from dashboard - help!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto:
High pitched sound from dashboard - help!!

Hello,

I have a BMW X1 2011 Model (s-drive), lately I've been getting a sort of high pitched whistle like sound coming from inside of the car, more to the passenger side of the dash, its not too loud but its still irritating. its there whenever the car is on, irregardless of speed or movement. any ideas as to what it may be or what it could be signalling?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 550i MT
Play with the AC on/off or blower setting. Any change?
1998 BMW 528i MT @ 231k //sold
1997 Saab 9000 //sold
Old 06-13-2018, 03:45 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoste View Post
Play with the AC on/off or blower setting. Any change?
Nothing i have tired all settings and even if the AC Is entirely off and the car is not on as long as the key is inside the sound is constant
Old 06-13-2018, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
Are you sure it's from the interior of the vehicle and not the engine bay ? This sound could be related to the drive belt. A pully / tensioner might be seizing up......
i replaced the drive belt about a month ago, do u think it could be related? their was a problem with one of the pulleys but i thought it was fixed.
however if i open the hood i hear no sound from the engine section, the sound can only be heard from inside the car coming from the front centre a.c holes.above the radio.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto:
Nothing i have tired all settings and even if the AC Is entirely off and the car is not on as long as the key is inside the sound is constant
Old 06-13-2018, 03:52 AM

Mein Auto:
i replaced the drive belt about a month ago, do u think it could be related? their was a problem with one of the pulleys but i thought it was fixed.
however if i open the hood i hear no sound from the engine section, the sound can only be heard from inside the car coming from the front centre a.c holes.above the radio.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billentus View Post
Wait, so the car's engine is not running, the HVAC system is completely off, and you still hear the sound ?

If that's the case, then no, I don't think it's the drive belt.... Can you take a video and post it up for us to hear / see ?

Not even sure if -40 degrees is cold anymore ?

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
help x1, high pitched noise, x1

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search