sending address using google maps - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)

7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
The next generation G11/G12 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. Unveiled June 10th, with production starting in August the 6th generation 7 Series comes in a light weight package with extensive use of BMW i carbon fiber technology. The interior quality raises the bar with a touch screen and gesture controlled infotainment system. Exterior styling has been a sticking point with mixed reviews so far.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 740i Xdrive
sending address using google maps

Hi, sorry if this had already been brought up. I always found it easier sending addresses to my car using google maps than with connected drive but lately it's not consistent. Even though it tells me "destination has been sent" most of the time it's not in the car. Like I said, sometimes it does work but I just can't trust it. Any workaround anyone has figured out?

Thanks,

Luis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 01:42 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2017 G12 750ix 2014 F31
Quote:
Originally Posted by combarro View Post
Hi, sorry if this had already been brought up. I always found it easier sending addresses to my car using google maps than with connected drive but lately it's not consistent. Even though it tells me "destination has been sent" most of the time it's not in the car. Like I said, sometimes it does work but I just can't trust it. Any workaround anyone has figured out?

Thanks,

Luis
The BMW connected app is more reliable. I get the same popup that the destination has been sent but it is months since Google maps actually did so.
'19 G01 X3 30
Other: '14 MB E350 wagon
Past: 3, 5 (E39, F31 and F10), 7 & 8 series (twice!) BMW, C, E and S MBenzes, Alfa Romeo GTV, MGB, Toyota Celica, Lincoln, Saab, Volvo, Audi A6, A4, and others (yes I am old )
Old 06-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '17 540xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
I thought sending from Google maps was discontinued about a year ago??
I use the APP ... however, I also find it necessary to "verify" that the correct location was sent because it seems the destination feature uses data gathered from somewhere that "interprets" where you're planning to go and the resulting edits are sometimes incorrect.
"Seek and ye shall find" - start with your owner's manual!

Click on the MrRebates logo/link for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!Mr. Rebates

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search