G12 a/c - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)

7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
The next generation G11/G12 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. Unveiled June 10th, with production starting in August the 6th generation 7 Series comes in a light weight package with extensive use of BMW i carbon fiber technology. The interior quality raises the bar with a touch screen and gesture controlled infotainment system. Exterior styling has been a sticking point with mixed reviews so far.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: depends
G12 a/c

My A/C took a long time to begin cooling a couple of weeks ago but eventually kicked in, so I didnít worry about it much. A few weeks later, it stopped cooling again, so I drove straight to the dealer and hoped it wouldnít kick in while I was waiting for the SA. SA says it is a known problem and gave me a 3-page printout and said it would be repaired FOC but would take several hours. So if your A/C takes a dump on you, get to the dealer. And if youíre getting close to the end of the warranty, may as well get it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

Old 06-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 750i
Wat year/model is the car, what code did the SA give you for the fix?

2017 750i
2015 750i (Lease End)
2013 740 Li (Lease End)
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:31 PM

Ď18 740. I donít know what code was thrown. I can update with repair specifics once the car is returned.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Old 06-21-2019, 06:46 AM

Repair is complete and here are the details: A/C stopped working and I took it to the dealer. Dealer says this failure is referenced in bulletin B64 06 17 and will be repaired under warranty. Replaced intake manifold, radiator, condenser and one or two other less expensive parts as well as antifreeze and refrigerant that had all leaked out. Parts bill would have been $2500+ if not under warranty. And the good news is that the A/C is working again. Pretty important in central Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search