Help with some error codes...Transmission Malfunction - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02/F03/F04 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li
Help with some error codes...Transmission Malfunction

Hi guys, I posted about a month ago that I received Transmission Malfunction error when I was leaving the gym and merging into the highway. Long story short, I gave it gas to merge and once I hit about 30-40 mph, the power was not there, I heard the RPMs get Loud and I had to stay at about 30 mph because the vehicle would not go faster, Very scary moment.

I had a few friends with regular hand held scanners who got codes: 400441 Ratio Monitoring Clutch E Implausible. Another gave codes: 210901 Alternator no communication and cd930.

I posted that here on the forums and was mentioned to get insta+. Finally after downloading it and buying a windows laptop, I have installed it successfully and managed to scan my 7 series but honestly, I have no idea where to start regarding the codes.
I am posting the screen shots and maybe someone knows about it.

I believe that under the "Is currently present" tab, 2 say they are "unknown" and are the Current main errors.

1. 400341 Ratio monitoring, gearshift 4-5 implausible ( I think this is the 400441 Ratio Monitoring Clutch E implausible that one of the hand held scanners got)

2. 481F81 RDC: Internal Control-Unit Fault ( I believe this is the TPMS error for the tires)

3. 8029C7 Locking Protection + 400641 Parking Gear Incorrectly engaged ( I think this is the reason why when I start my car, put it in Drive, it will Pause a few seconds and then go back to Park on its own. I shift again to Drive and it will take like 5 seconds before actually moving)

Prior to this which all happened in June...Back in January/February, I got my valve stem seals replaced under the lawsuit. They gave me a new battery as well. I paid to get my turbo coolant lines replaced as well since the rep recommended this.
One other thing, I noticed back in winter time when the weather was very cold, I got drivetrain malfunction error in November 2018

Also, regarding Ista+, once I am done getting my codes for my car, how do I "safely" exit out of the program? Just take out the ENET cable?

Thank you in advance for any help that you guys can offer. I greatly appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	859299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (5).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	859301  

Last edited by hgarcia; 07-25-2019 at 07:55 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search