60k service 2015 x1 3.5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:33 PM
HappyboyPDX

Mein Auto: 15 x1 3.5
60k service 2015 x1 3.5

Hi fellow gear heads and headettes....i serviced my new to me 2015 x1 3.5x today, and found diffs not full but sorta clean, trans fluid was very brown, brake fluid was clean(car has new brakes, so they must have flushed it then), transfer case dirty......the transfer case is a bit much as you have to remove a mount to access the fill plug...no real surprises except the engine oil was quite dark...poured liqi-moly so see how it looks in 3000 miles. car is new to me shows 60k , quite clean....new run flats-ugh-but sure runs and drives well. very composed, and good at speed.
can't make the homelink work, car had a leaking coolant bottle when i bought it, so am not sure if it was traded due to cooling fears....my wife loves it and want to trade me her 17 x1 but i think not.....dont neglect the services for sure, keep the diffs clean, and use the addirtive in the front for sure as there is chatter about the front diff having bearing failure.....that would cost a great scuba diving trip for sure....will update on the homeland when i have time to play with it
I did the plugs last week, and found some broken clips, which i don't like, so will order those when i get time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2018, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 xdrive35i M Sport
Hi when you changed out the diff/transfer case fluids did you program anything into the computer to tell it you had new fluid? I'm getting ready to do some of these and I've seen mixed comments on the forums, some do some don't.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:02 AM
HappyboyPDX

reset service computer

i haven't reset the services yet in the cars computer....will do soon. i used red line on the diffs and the trans, with the liqi-moly additive for the diffs. was surprised to see the rear diff half full...no leaks visible but i will check it every service. i have access to a car shop, so makes my work pretty simple. i change oil every 5000 miles, and air filter every other one..gear box oils every 3 years, brake fluid every 2 years..coolant every 3,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 X1 35i X Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydykeman View Post
i haven't reset the services yet in the cars computer....will do soon. i used red line on the diffs and the trans, with the liqi-moly additive for the diffs. was surprised to see the rear diff half full...no leaks visible but i will check it every service. i have access to a car shop, so makes my work pretty simple. i change oil every 5000 miles, and air filter every other one..gear box oils every 3 years, brake fluid every 2 years..coolant every 3,
Wow you are saving a ton with that lift. What about the fuel filter? Iím confused if itís integrated with the pump or not.

-Steve

2015 BMW X1 35i MSport // BMS Intake
Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 PM
HappyboyPDX

Fuel Filter

Hi Steve.....the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump.....did you notice any change with the intake setup?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Thanks Jay, my last car went 125,000 on the fuel pump, but I always changed out the fuel filter every couple years. 44,000 miles on the X1 now. Appreciate your intelligence on the fluids very much and maybe itís a little early but itching to do the plugs.

BMS intake is great/ looks great. Improved throttle response is like someone took the cuffs off lol. Itís open, you can get an enclosed intake with a window but, I used several different types with my last car that that I also drag raced. IMO/experience the enclosed filter box is overkill and the BMS intake uses most of the stock box anyway.

Under the hood Iíd say a chargepipe is next, wonít do more there until warranty is up...only a month left. Next Iím going for wider stock 18x9 back wheels - staggered setup w/ Michelin pilot sports all the way around. Seattle roads are so poorly maintained it doesnít make a lot of sense to go with bigger wheels/thinner tires IMO. Rear sway bar upgrade hopefully at the same time as the wheels/alignment. I miss my Borla but for now will keep the X1 exhaust stock.

Thanks!
- Steve
Old 11-09-2018, 09:21 PM
HappyboyPDX

hi steve....what is a chargepipe?
Old 11-10-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydykeman View Post
Hi Steve.....the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump.....did you notice any change with the intake setup?
Hi Jay, I've found the info on replacing the fuel filter it is external.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...nes/1VnZ0c4xBJ

The OEM chargepipe is plastic and prone to cracking, even with stock boost. It routes the compressed air from the turbo to the engine. There are various replacements available.VRSF, Evolution Raceworks, and BMS I know of.

-Steve

Last edited by Chicone; 11-10-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
60k service

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search