BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
79K views 136 replies 58 participants last post by  God-Follower 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2018 G30 5 Series pricing

2018 BMW 5 Series Sedan

Bimmerfest.com has the 2018 BMW 5 Series pricing and ordering guides for you. Use the guides to put together an order and connect with the Bimmerfest recommended BMW dealers to place your order. If you're looking for invoice pricing sheets, we no longer have them because of BMW's lawyers but calculating invoice pricing is easy with our guide.

2018 5 Series Pricing has increased as of July 1st 2017 - Read More

Read more about the G30 BMW 5 Series

2018 5 Seires G30 pricing

About the G30 5 Series
The BMW 5 Series has been entirely newly developed allowing for a significant weight loss of up to 137 lbs with the use of aluminum, magnesium, and high-strength steel. Thanks to the available state of the art chassis systems including Dynamic Damper Control with Adaptive Mode and Integral Active Steering, now combinable with xDrive, BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system, Driver Assistance Systems and Parking Assistance Systems, the all-new BMW 5 Series once more defines the athletic and executive design of a true sport sedan. Featuring a new user interface (iDrive 6.0) including an 8.8" Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster, available Gesture Control, the latest generation of Head-Up Display, Remote 3D View and an improved Voice Control with natural voice input, the G30 BMW 5 Series marks a new era of personalized connectivity. The BMW 5 Series is the most innovative BMW 5 Series to date, with BMW's latest Advanced Driver Assistance Systems clearing the way towards semi-automated driving.

The first ever BMW M550i xDrive is also the first M Performance model to be powered by a specifically modified M Performance TwinPower Turbo 4.4 liter 8cylinder engine. This V8 unit is equipped with two twin-scroll turbochargers and features a High Precision Injection system, Valvetronic fully variable valve lift and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing control. This technology adds up to an output of 456 hp at 5,500 rpm and peak torque of 480 lb-ft from just 1,800 rpm (preliminary power numbers) propelling the BMW M550i xDrive from 0 to 60 mph in under 4.0 seconds and then on to an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph.

Optional 5 Series Equipment now includes:
  • On 530i models, Dynamic Handling package (ZDH) is a new package, including Dynamic Damper Control (223), M Sport Brakes (2NH), and Integral Active Steering (2VH), priced at $1,950
  • On 530e models, Dynamic Handling package (ZDH) is a new package, including Dynamic Damper Control (223) and M Sport Brakes (2NH), and is priced at $1,450
  • On 530i models, M Sport Brakes (2NH) are no longer available as a single option and are now included in the Dynamic Handling Package
  • On 530i models, Integral Active Steering (2VH) is no longer available as a single options, and is now included in the Dynamic Handling Package
  • Luxury Seating Package (ZLP) now includes Nappa Leather, and is priced at $4,050 on 530i models, and $2,600 on 540i models
  • Individual Full Merino Leather (ZBxx) is now available for $5,500
  • Individual Trims (4xx) are now available for $1,080
  • Anthracite Alcantara Headliner (776) is now available for $1000
  • Leather Dashboard (4M5) is now available as a stand-alone option for $1,200

2018 BMW G30 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering Guide

Want to calculate invoice pricing for your 2018 5 Series order? Read about how to figure out invoice pricing here.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Call them and ask for a three month extension. My experience is that they are very reasonable. 2017 allocation is limited as is allocation for the 2018 M550i or 530e. More than likely, they will work with you.

#8 ·
Yea but a 3 month extension would only take me to end of July. I heard they'll extend up to three months no matter what but up to six if you have an order number for a new one. Issue for me is timing, i.e. will I be able to get a 2018 order in time before the extension expires. I'm still waiting to hear when ordering 2018s will be possible.

#11 ·
Sounds right for the 530e.

#12 ·
The dealer I talked to on Saturday told me he would not sell any 2018 M550s for less than MSRP. He also told me I should be thankful that he does that since most other dealers charge more than MSRP given that the car is in such high demand.

I smiled politely and told him that I had no intention of thanking him for that :D

#16 ·
You have several BMW dealers in Northern VA and MD to choose from. When I lived in NoVA, BMW Fairfax was the least flexible. You live in an area with lots of options.

#18 ·
If this is not something I'm supposed to do, please let me know and I'll delete my post.

I've been offered the $79,200 for a 2018 M550i xDrive with the following options:

A90 Dark Graphite Metallic
LZFK Black Nappa Leather w/contrast stitching/piping
4LG Burl Walnut Wood Trim

ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driving Assistance Package
ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package
ZEC Executive Package
ZLS Luxury Seating Package

6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility
6U8 Gesture control
416 Power rear sunshade with manual rear side window shades

I countered by asking them to add ZDH Dynamic Handling Package for the same price. Am I asking for too much or too little? with the ZDH, it's the exact car I want. Just want to make sure the price is good as well.

#20 ·
Good luck. Alexandria used to have a good reputation although I never purchased from them. Rockville didn't have a great reputation but I used to work with one particular CA who's not there anymore and he always gave me a fair deal. My last BMW purchased from the area was from Sterling which was also closest to my house. You also have BMW of Silver Spring and Passport BMW on the other side of the beltway. Having so may dealers in the area is good.

#23 ·
AARP discount

If you plan on purchasing a new BMW before 3/31/2017 and can join AARP, do so. I purchased my 540i xdrive on 2/8. Just found out about AARP on 3/8. It was not too late. I joined for $12. Now I am going to get a discount of $2,500. If you lease or borrow then the discount is $1,500. This was a great investment. $12 to $2,500. Try getting those returns in the stock market. Move fast as this expires in 2 weeks.

#24 ·
If you plan on purchasing a new BMW before 3/31/2017 and can join AARP, do so. I purchased my 540i xdrive on 2/8. Just found out about AARP on 3/8. It was not too late. I joined for $12. Now I am going to get a discount of $2,500. If you lease or borrow then the discount is $1,500. This was a great investment. $12 to $2,500. Try getting those returns in the stock market. Move fast as this expires in 2 weeks.
I'll add to that that if you're a member of USAA, you also get the discount. I do not know when the discount expires, though.

#29 ·
Something not right with the configurator website - you select the Premium package, and it adds keyless entry as a separate $650 option. If you deselect it, it deselects the premium package. Isn't keyless entry included in the Premium package $2300 price?

#35 ·
Does anyone have any information on diferences between the 2017 and 2018 model year standard fearures and/or options?

My biggest disappointment is that the ride height on a 540i msport with DHP is not lowered as it is with the M550i. It also appears that you cannot get Integral Active Steering with DHP on the 540i, though Integral Active Steeriing is included with DHP in M550i.

#38 ·
First, you are assuming that, if you ordered a 2017 tomorrow, your dealer would have a buildable allocation. That may not be the case.

If you wait for a 2018, if the dealer has an allocation for an early build slot, you MIGHT see the car in August, but September is more likely. Will there be a price increase on the 2018's? How much? Will BMW make further cuts to free maintenance or other perks? What is Janet Yellen going to do with interest rates between now and then? What will BMW do with incentives? Will they be better or worse than they are today? Those are some big unknowns. Maybe you will save $$$ waiting, and maybe not. If you can find an open allocation, and order a 2017, you can quantify your pricing. Waiting for a 2018 is a crap shoot.

#39 ·
Thanks, I've decided to roll the dice on a 2018. Dealer offered me the same discounts (9% plus $2500) on a July build (MY 2018). It'll just be a matter of how much increase there is to the BMW base price and any packages/options.

I'm paying cash so not concerned about interest rates.

I'm betting that whatever I lose in BMW price increases will be more than offset by the depreciation saved by not having what would be perceived as a year old car come August/September. And then there's the savings from simply delaying the gratification (which is both a pro and con).

I'm also willing to wager that the build quality and options availability will, if anything, improve. And the chance of BMW changing the maintenance plan again so soon is exremley small.

The biggest downside is just the additional wait before getting the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.