Complete 2016 Model Year BMW Pricing and Ordering Guides - All Models - Page 6 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 02-15-2016, 06:02 PM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,712
Mein Auto: Various
I've got a few 2017 pricing guides for everyone! I'll get a full 2017 pricing thread started shortly, but for now enjoy these -

2017 BMW 6 Series Coupe and Convertible pricing and ordering guides - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=897000

2017 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe and Alpina B6 Gran Coupe pricing and ordering guides - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=897004

2017 BMW 7 Series pricing and ordering guides - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=895063
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #127  
Old 02-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Eagle11's Avatar
Eagle11 Eagle11 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley of the Sun
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,939
Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I got the 2016 M4 GTS ordering and pricing guides for anyone thinking about picking the $134,200 car
WOW M4 GTS or a M6
__________________
2017 330i, 475, KCL3, ZDA, ZPP, 2A5, 494, 4GA, 609, 6CP BMS JB tune and Many Coded goodies

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
WOW M4 GTS or a M6
It will be a lot easier and cheaper to get an M6, unless you're on BMW's invitation list.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #129  
Old 02-17-2016, 02:15 AM
Eagle11's Avatar
Eagle11 Eagle11 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley of the Sun
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,939
Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
It will be a lot easier and cheaper to get an M6, unless you're on BMW's invitation list.
I don't find the GTS all that appealing too fast and furious looking for me. So I'd take a M6, plus the M6 would be faster..
__________________
2017 330i, 475, KCL3, ZDA, ZPP, 2A5, 494, 4GA, 609, 6CP BMS JB tune and Many Coded goodies

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
I don't find the GTS all that appealing too fast and furious looking for me. So I'd take a M6, plus the M6 would be faster..
It's really a specialty vehicle for racers, which is why half of the US allocation is being retained by BMWNA to be allocated by their invitation to former and currently active racers. It's certainly not practical for tooling around town. Insurance will almost certainly be very high.

On the bright side, it should retain its value better than any other BMW.



P.S. -- The M6 will definitely not be faster. Not even close.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-24-2016, 09:17 AM
bcb1 bcb1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Martinsburg, WV
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2011 Tahoe
Is it reasonable to assume that since the SOP for the current model X3 is 4/16, the all new G01 X3 will start production in 4/17?

And if so, can dealers start putting in customer orders before 4/17?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-24-2016, 09:22 AM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,712
Mein Auto: Various
I wouldn't count on it. BMW has extended and shorted production schedules as needed to fit a new vehicle launch.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM
bcb1 bcb1 is offline
Registered User
Location: Martinsburg, WV
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2011 Tahoe
Darn. I'm restraining myself from buying a 2013 X5M right now, trying to hold off because I really want the all new model X3 when it comes out. The X5M is a beast of a machine of course, but the factory warranty on that one runs out soon and I like the idea of buying a brand new X3 with a full factory warranty. And I'd probably take a nice fat loss if I bought the '13 model X5M now and then traded it a year later. As much as I love cars, the logic thinking part of my brain just won't allow me to do that, lol.

So it's just wait and be patient I guess...
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 AM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb1 View Post
Is it reasonable to assume that since the SOP for the current model X3 is 4/16, the all new G01 X3 will start production in 4/17?
No, that's not safe to assume at all. In fact, I seriously doubt that will be the case. The new G01 will start production some time this year but probably won't be released until the very end of this year or the beginning of next year. For this particular model, I suspect you will be able to place your order with the dealer well in advance of the expected release date but you would have to confirm that with the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I wouldn't count on it. BMW has extended and shorted production schedules as needed to fit a new vehicle launch.
Tim, no information yet on when they will begin production of the G01, which was previously scheduled to start production July 2016?

Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-25-2016, 11:24 AM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,712
Mein Auto: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
Tim, no information yet on when they will begin production of the G01, which was previously scheduled to start production July 2016?

I think I was wrong on that one. It won't be until MY 2017 now if I'm remembering correctly.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-25-2016, 02:01 PM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,712
Mein Auto: Various
2017 BMW X3 and X4 pricing and ordering guides are now available

Last edited by tim330i; 05-01-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-21-2016, 03:38 PM
SMJT2013's Avatar
SMJT2013 SMJT2013 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bfe
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 154
Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
So when calculating to find the invoice price, I add $995 destination into my other calculations although that fee is already included in the MSRP? Confused but everything else makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:18 AM
dbs600 dbs600 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,827
Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Can someone please tell me which non-M models are available in manual (standard) transmission at this time?

And any insight on whether or not manual and/or diesel models lease out poorly compared to automatic gas models?

Thank you!

Last edited by dbs600; 05-01-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Eagle11's Avatar
Eagle11 Eagle11 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley of the Sun
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,939
Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
2017 BMW X3 and X4 pricing and ordering guides are now available
Your links aren't working
__________________
2017 330i, 475, KCL3, ZDA, ZPP, 2A5, 494, 4GA, 609, 6CP BMS JB tune and Many Coded goodies

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone

Last edited by tim330i; 05-01-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: fixed link
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Eagle11's Avatar
Eagle11 Eagle11 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley of the Sun
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,939
Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Can someone please tell me which non-M models are available in manual (standard) transmission at this time?

And any insight on whether or not manual and/or diesel models lease out poorly compared to automatic gas models?

Thank you!
Very simple, 2 and 3 series only
__________________
2017 330i, 475, KCL3, ZDA, ZPP, 2A5, 494, 4GA, 609, 6CP BMS JB tune and Many Coded goodies

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
Very simple, 2 and 3 series only
You forgot the 4-series.

There are exceptions. Quite often the manual transmission is not available with xDrive or not available with diesels or not available in convertibles.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-01-2016, 06:53 PM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,712
Mein Auto: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
Your links aren't working
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:03 PM
dbs600 dbs600 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,827
Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
You forgot the 4-series.

There are exceptions. Quite often the manual transmission is not available with xDrive or not available with diesels or not available in convertibles.
Argh, yes, seeing this as the problem; no manual transmission xDrive models. :|

Thanks gentlemen.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-23-2016, 10:33 PM
jamkor jamkor is offline
Registered User
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2016 340i xDrive
Using this guideline:

BMW Invoice Pricing calculation
Base MSRP (from pricing sheets below) multiplied by 0.92
+ Option and packages (anything you can add to the vehicle) multiplied by 0.91
+ Training fee of $180.00
+ MACO fee $500.00 (now a flat rate applied to all dealers)
+ Destination and handling charge - Currently $995
= US BMW invoice price +/- $10.00

I tried to calculate my MSRP based on the options and base MSRP found in the pricing sheets

2016 435i xDrive GC - MSRP: $49950
Cold Weather - $950
Drive Assist - $950
Drive Assist Plus - $1700
M-Sport - $2600
Technology - $2750

Training Fee - $180
MACO Fee - $500
D & H - $995
-------------------
Total: $60,575
Advertised List Price (their language): $63.920

Even if I add in $550 (carbon black) for paint and $1450 for leather, I still end up $1345 short

I looked it up on bimmer.work and didn't see any missed packages, but i could have missed something
I punched it in on carsdirect.com and got $61895 ($1320 short)

What am I missing?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamkor View Post
Using this guideline:

BMW Invoice Pricing calculation
Base MSRP (from pricing sheets below) multiplied by 0.92
+ Option and packages (anything you can add to the vehicle) multiplied by 0.91
+ Training fee of $180.00
+ MACO fee $500.00 (now a flat rate applied to all dealers)
+ Destination and handling charge - Currently $995
= US BMW invoice price +/- $10.00

I tried to calculate my MSRP based on the options and base MSRP found in the pricing sheets

2016 435i xDrive GC - MSRP: $49950
Cold Weather - $950
Drive Assist - $950
Drive Assist Plus - $1700
M-Sport - $2600
Technology - $2750

Training Fee - $180
MACO Fee - $500
D & H - $995
-------------------
Total: $60,575
Advertised List Price (their language): $63.920

Even if I add in $550 (carbon black) for paint and $1450 for leather, I still end up $1345 short

I looked it up on bimmer.work and didn't see any missed packages, but i could have missed something
I punched it in on carsdirect.com and got $61895 ($1320 short)

What am I missing?
Why are you adding the $180 training/service fee or the $500 that replaced MACO to the MSRP? Neither one of those has ever been part of the MSRP and they still aren't. What "guideline" are you talking about? The only guidelines on Bimmerfest that I am aware of explain how to calculate dealer's invoice, not how to calculate MSRP. You can calculate MSRP just by building out your car on the BMWUSA.com website: http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...modelcode=164V

Assuming metallic paint and leather interior, your car will have an MSRP of $61,895.00.

Who has an "Advertised List Price of $63,920.00" on what?

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-24-2016, 07:40 AM
jamkor jamkor is offline
Registered User
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2016 340i xDrive
Quote:
Why are you adding the $180 training/service fee or the $500 that replaced MACO to the MSRP?
Because in the 'guideline' it has it in there as part of invoice the calculation. I used the guideline to calculate my invoice price, but when I added up the individual items (at full price), I didnít get the MSRP Ė that is what is so confusing to me and why I started adding other things to try and make it make sense.

Quote:
What "guideline" are you talking about?
the invoice guideline that is in the post.

Quote:
Who has an "Advertised List Price of $63,920.00" on what?
link to car

Quote:
You can calculate MSRP just by building out your car on the BMWUSA.com website
Yes, I realize that now. I am still confused as to why that number didn't match up with the price on the dealer site.

Thanks for the help. And since I got called out in my previous post (rightfully so), I need to let you know I did search for about 20 minutes on this topic and didn't find anything.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:10 AM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamkor View Post
Yes, I realize that now. I am still confused as to why that number didn't match up with the price on the dealer site.

I did search for about 20 minutes on this topic and didn't find anything.
I looked at the picture of the car that you linked and the first thing I noticed was that it has black kidney grills. If they ordered that it would have added only $230 and they would have been swapped out at the VPC. I added that $230 to the previous $61,895 but that brings it up to only $62,125. So we're still $1,795 below their claimed "List Price $63,920."

Notice that they didn't say "MSRP," they said "List Price." You will have to ask them how much they added to their "List Price" for the black kidney grills. If they were dealer installed, they may have added more than $230, maybe much more. Maybe they added some magic paint protectant to their "List Price?" Maybe there's something else that they added to their "List Price?"

Ask them to tell you exactly what the bottom line number is that shows up on the Monroney sticker on the car. Then ask them how much they charged for the black kidney grills? Then ask them what else they added to arrive at their own "List Price."

That's where the negotiation process begins. Looks like this padded this car with "extras" to get to that so-called "List Price."

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:55 AM
jamkor jamkor is offline
Registered User
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2016 340i xDrive
Probably has some front end protection business or similar. Thanks. At least I am not totally clueless (and crazy).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Eagle11's Avatar
Eagle11 Eagle11 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley of the Sun
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,939
Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
I looked at the picture of the car that you linked and the first thing I noticed was that it has black kidney grills. If they ordered that it would have added only $230 and they would have been swapped out at the VPC. I added that $230 to the previous $61,895 but that brings it up to only $62,125. So we're still $1,795 below their claimed "List Price $63,920."
it has some M sport added body parts.
__________________
2017 330i, 475, KCL3, ZDA, ZPP, 2A5, 494, 4GA, 609, 6CP BMS JB tune and Many Coded goodies

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-24-2016, 01:46 PM
Ninong Ninong is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,464
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
it has some M sport added body parts.
You mean some extra M Sport body parts? If so, then maybe those were dealer-installed, too, like the black kidney grills probably were. Maybe that stuff accounts for the full difference in their "List Price?" Or maybe they added some "magic" stuff, too?
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2016 bmw pricing, 2016 bmw pricing guide, bmw, bmw 2 series pricing, bmw 2016 ordering guide, bmw 3 series pricing, bmw 4 series pricing, bmw 5 series pricing, bmw 6 series pricing, bmw 7 series pricing, bmw pricing, bmw x1 pricing, bmw x3 pricing, bmw x5 pricing, f30 3 series, g12 7 series


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.