Seriously, what qualifies a Bimmer for an M badge? - Page 14 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: M4 Cabrio - Cayenne GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Agreed and I'm sure it has very high capabilities, especially for weighing as much as they do. They (M5/M6) just seem like they are behemoth sized cars. It is amazing manufacturers can make cars that are well north of 4000 pounds perform as good as they do.

I think the current size F3X/F8X cars are as big as I would personally like to go. I really like the size of the 2 series, but am not sure it would fit my lifestyle anymore.
A few weeks ago I test drove a Bentley Continental GT and then did a few hot laps around a track with a pro driver at the wheel. He got pointed by a couple of Porsches. What was amazing was how unspectacular the ride was. No drama, no squealing tires, but incredible speed and amazing grip for such a heavy car.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Porsche Club of America
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
M Gruppe (New York Metro/New England Regional Director)
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I could stand to lose a few, but at 185 I think I'm doing ok still.

I sometimes still carry four adults and our daughter in a full size car seat in my car. It is cramped, but doable in the F3X/F8X cars. Not so sure about a four door 228 or GC M235 though. Maybe in 3-4 years when she is out of the car seat it will work though.
I am 6.2 215 barley fit in the 4 and i am not fat! Don't plan on using the back seat either. I have a SUV for that!

2015 435i Black Sapphire Metallic/M Sport/MPPK/Lighting/Driver Assistance/Driver Assistance Plus/Premium/Black Kidney Grilles/HK/MP Stainless Steel Pedals/Tint 30% sides-20% rear

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search